PG @ $29. Tamarind @ $20. Canaletto same

Thebes

Now, that's annoying. I hope better service comes along with that. On the Eurodam, the tamarind had great service some nights, less than great others. The last time I was in the pinnacle at night was on the Noordam the service was pathetic. That's the only time I've gone in at night and not tipped,

Thx for the heads up Thebes.

I quite like Canaletto, but I don't think it's worth an extra $20 each to eat there, basically in the Lido.

You mean Tamarind ? Canaletto still same price at $10 PP.

I booked all my tamarind (4X) and PG ( X1) on the old price. Cha Ching !! LoL

I will decide for Canaletto on the ship.

Edited by Thebes

Ahoy!

Somewhere in the 'caverens' of my mind (2001 Statendam 15 day Circle HA) I recall the PG dining option was the 'newest' dining venue on HAL. I could be wrong.

At the time. there was no extra cost at least for our cruise.

Then, a few months later the cost 'boosted' to $10 per person aboard the Ryndam (we're still talking aroung '02-'03).

Now it appears we're being 'hijacked' @ $29 per person for great food & service for evening eats.

Not to worry.

Pony up the 'dough'and enjoy a meal IMO. I know I will on my next cruise.

Please don't 'nickel & dime'yourself.

To use the over used phrase describes, "It is what it is".

Enjoy!

Bon Voyage, Good Health & Happy Holidays!

Bob

You mean Tamarind ? Canaletto still same price at $10 PP.

I booked all my tamarind (4X) and PG ( X1) on the old price. Cha Ching !! LoL

I will decide for Canaletto on the ship.

I guess I misread your thread title..... Tamararind $20, Canaletto same.

I guess I misread your thread title..... Tamararind $20, Canaletto same.

I read the title the same way, that the surcharge for the Canelleto would be $20. I'd go for $20, but only if they have the "old" menu not the new tasting plates menu.

I read the title the same way, that the surcharge for the Canelleto would be $20. I'd go for $20, but only if they have the "old" menu not the new tasting plates menu.

Do u or someone happen to have the new Canaletto menu ?

Love the Tamarind, it is worth the small up charge. PG is very good, and still a bargain at $29. We don't eat in the MDR for dinner, only at the speciality restaurants, the small extra charge won't really make a dent on a 7 day cruise.

Love the Tamarind, it is worth the small up charge. PG is very good, and still a bargain at $29. We don't eat in the MDR for dinner, only at the speciality restaurants, the small extra charge won't really make a dent on a 7 day cruise.

+1. We don't like the MDR at all - we would rather the Lido anytime over the MDR. I would select room service over the MDR. Ate the the PG twice and Tamarind once on our last cruise. They are both musts for us from now on. We enjoyed them both so much that we have decided we will do the Captain's Table (I believe that is what it is called) on our next cruise.

Now, that's annoying. I hope better service comes along with that. On the Eurodam, the tamarind had great service some nights, less than great others. The last time I was in the pinnacle at night was on the Noordam the service was pathetic. That's the only time I've gone in at night and not tipped,

Thx for the heads up Thebes.

Why would you be tipping in the PG, whether the service was pathetic or outstanding? :confused: The tips are included in the Hotel Service Charge! ;)

We just returned from dinner at a great local steak house. The price was more than $30 each for filet mignon, baked potato and a salad. Appetizers, dessert and coffee weren't included. Pinnacle is worth the money, IMO.

I just want to clarify. I assume you had dry aged steaks at that price. I haven't seen any indication that the PG uses dry aged meats. Can someone confirm that?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4