Deck 11 Aqua "M" Class Balconies

Gracie115

I've read a few posts about the balconies for the new AQ rooms on deck 11 on the "M" class ships that are not accurate about the balcony or the furniture on it. We were just on Connie, in 1116, squarely in the middle on the SIDE of the ship and the balcony was substantially deeper than our Deck 9 room on Connie last April before the drydock. In addition we had 2 lounge chairs, 2 tables and 1 footstool on the balcony. Again, this was NOT an aft stateroom.

There is about a 2 foot overhang and then the balcony was completely open, which we loved. Travelled during the full moon and with the clear nights the views were wonderful!!

Anyway just thought I'd clear up any questions. The rooms on either side of us and in 1107 where our relatives were had the same furnishings on their balconies, so unless Connie somehow got treated differently than the other "M" class during this upgrade this is what you should expect if you book these rooms. We will CERTAINLY book this type of room again when on the M class next.:)

I've read a few posts about the balconies for the new AQ rooms on deck 11 on the "M" class ships that are not accurate about the balcony or the furniture on it. We were just on Connie, in 1116, squarely in the middle on the SIDE of the ship and the balcony was substantially deeper than our Deck 9 room on Connie last April before the drydock. In addition we had 2 lounge chairs, 2 tables and 1 footstool on the balcony. Again, this was NOT an aft stateroom.

There is about a 2 foot overhang and then the balcony was completely open, which we loved. Travelled during the full moon and with the clear nights the views were wonderful!!

Anyway just thought I'd clear up any questions. The rooms on either side of us and in 1107 where our relatives were had the same furnishings on their balconies, so unless Connie somehow got treated differently than the other "M" class during this upgrade this is what you should expect if you book these rooms. We will CERTAINLY book this type of room again when on the M class next.:)

Before you go accusing others of posting inaccurate information about balconies, you might consider that many who post about those balconies actually occupied the cabins. My guess is that the Connie was done differently. Perhaps they learned from their mistakes.

I do not opine on the Connie AQ1 side balconies, having never occupied one. However, I can state with certainty that the side AQ1 balconies on the Infinity were teeny. We were in 1119. Barely room for 2 chairs and a table. No footstool.

I was in 1108 on Connie and can cofirrm the accuracy of your post.

Thanks for the confirmation...I was just trying to get accurate info out there...and clearly stated that Connie may have been treated differently than other "M class Deck 11 cabins. Really can't imagine their balcony sizes are any different, perhaps furnishings are, but since those ships are all the exact same size I don't see how the balcony size could be different ship to ship.

Again, we thought it was a wonderful size and my only qualification would be if you happened to be on a cruise with a lot of rain, as the lack of an overhang would restrict use of it. Luckily we had no issue with that and would plan any cruise in that type stateroom for areas that don't normally experience a lot of rainfall...:)

Just finished a B2B Millie cruise this December stayed 18 days in 1130 reasonable size balcony with a 4 foot overhang above which supplied a bit of shade and a reasonable balcony depth with 2 chairs and table. Seemed to be normal depth to me as I paid it no notice.

2nd leg 17 days in 1138 which had a larger over hang and a very deep balcony about 14' with 2 chairs stools and a table.

Wonderful cabins. No issues with noise or smoke from below.

On the odd day after leaving port we did mention to out steward to wipe down the balcony as we would get a small smattering of soot on the deck. Seemed to collect due to the slow speed maneuvers of the ship in port.

We were able to open up 1138 & a joining 1140 balconies during the trip.

A1 cabins our now our cabins of choice on M class it as if you have the run of the ship to yourself.

You can slip down to the buffet to snag a coffee by using the outside rear stairs or use the rear internal stairs and you are in the middle of the buffet.

You can walk down the corridor and out onto deck 11 and walk it 1st thing in the morning and then slip down to deck 10 swim, hot tub then sauna or steam in the spa before breakfast.

We would walk down the back inside stairs to deck 5 every morning for breakfast in Blu.

It was wonderful.

Change in the evening for dinner and then walk the length of the deck to the Elite cocktail party every night at the bow.

Just finished a B2B Millie cruise this December stayed 18 days in 1130 reasonable size balcony with a 4 foot overhang above which supplied a bit of shade and a reasonable balcony depth with 2 chairs and table. Seemed to be normal depth to me as I paid it no notice.

2nd leg 17 days in 1138 which had a larger over hang and a very deep balcony about 14' with 2 chairs stools and a table.

Wonderful cabins. No issues with noise or smoke from below.

On the odd day after leaving port we did mention to out steward to wipe down the balcony as we would get a small smattering of soot on the deck. Seemed to collect due to the slow speed maneuvers of the ship in port.

We were able to open up 1138 & a joining 1140 balconies during the trip.

A1 cabins our now our cabins of choice on M class it as if you have the run of the ship to yourself.

You can slip down to the buffet to snag a coffee by using the outside rear stairs or use the rear internal stairs and you are in the middle of the buffet.

You can walk down the corridor and out onto deck 11 and walk it 1st thing in the morning and then slip down to deck 10 swim, hot tub then sauna or steam in the spa before breakfast.

We would walk down the back inside stairs to deck 5 every morning for breakfast in Blu.

It was wonderful.

Change in the evening for dinner and then walk the length of the deck to the Elite cocktail party every night at the bow.

Yes I loved the location of those rooms too! So easy to get to almost everything!!

So it sounds like you didn't have a footstool on the room on the side, they must have added those to Connie's refit. The aft rooms have huge balconies for sure!!!

Just a guess...could they have made the Connie side aft cabins slightly smaller in order to make the balconies larger?

Don't know, have not been on the other "M" class deck 11 AQ's but stateroom seemed to be same size as other "M" class cabins and description on website doesn't indicate any difference on size between the ships...

Baldercash, I found your post very useful because we just booked an aft facing cabin on the Summit, next June. However, since the original thread question is about side facing cabins, I mention for the OP that cabins 1130, 1138 and 1140 that you are talking about are aft facing cabins and have much larger balconies.

Of course, your comments about the close location to the pool deck, the Sunset bar, the buffet and stairs to Blu also applies.

Don't know, have not been on the other "M" class deck 11 AQ's but stateroom seemed to be same size as other "M" class cabins and description on website doesn't indicate any difference on size between the ships...

According to the following post, all the Aqua cabins are the same size but some of the side facing deck 11 aqua balconies are slightly larger than the others:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40773077&postcount=43

Edited by vivi9909

According to the following post, all the Aqua cabins are the same size but some of the side facing deck 11 aqua balconies are slightly larger than the others:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40773077&postcount=43

We were in 1116, and noticed this, I think it adds maybe half a foot to the depth....which wasn't really much but it DID enable us to have the best views in all directions...including above since there is so little overhang!!!:)

Edited by Gracie115

If you look at the ships profile there are bays that in the buffet directly below the cabins on deck 11. The balconies that are above those bays are a little deeper than those that are not. I was in the very end cabin and the balcony was rather small as it wasn't over a bay.

As for the footstool unless they added them I was in a AQ on the Constellation on deck 9 in May 2012 and a cabin on deck 11 in May 2013 and there were no footstools.

.🎉🍸🎩

If you look at the ships profile there are bays that in the buffet directly below the cabins on deck 11. The balconies that are above those bays are a little deeper than those that are not. I was in the very end cabin and the balcony was rather small as it wasn't over a bay.

As for the footstool unless they added them I was in a AQ on the Constellation on deck 9 in May 2012 and a cabin on deck 11 in May 2013 and there were no footstools.

Well I guess they added them since May as I can confirm they were there less than 2 weeks ago in 4 different rooms and Orator also confirmed here that he had the same in his room a few doors down from us...

Well I guess they added them since May as I can confirm they were there less than 2 weeks ago in 4 different rooms and Orator also confirmed here that he had the same in his room a few doors down from us...

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that as we always wrote on the comment card about AQ having footstools on the M class. We were told various excuses such as a fire hazzard, no space and etc. It appears as if X listened and others are reaping the benefits of our comments.

Things constantly change. New Modern Luxury.

.🎉🍸🎩

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that as we always wrote on the comment card about AQ having footstools on the M class. We were told various excuses such as a fire hazzard, no space and etc. It appears as if X listened and others are reaping the benefits of our comments.

Things constantly change. New Modern Luxury.

I would still bet they don't have them on the Deck 9 staterooms, those are narrower balconies....and I can only speak for Connie....but hope you're right that all the "M" class deck 11's have them....