codes on itinerary

Shmoo here

SC for Service Call.What is that ???

It is my understanding that this means passengers do not get off of the ship. Passengers may get on, however, such as when the ship visits Castries, St. Lucia. There are excursions that end in Soufriere, and the ship sails past the Pitons to go to Soufriere to pick up those passengers. The stop for Soufriere is only one hour in duration.

or the reverse....... Milford Sound (in New Zealand) is an SC stop where passengers can disembark for an overnight roadtrip, joining the ship again at the next regular port stop. Only passengers on the official HAL excursion can leave the ship. (Guess where I'm going for my next cruise!)

Edited by fionan

Doesn't HAL make a service call stop at some island when returning from San Diego to Hawaii to San Diego itinerary?

They used to make a service call stop in Ensenada. Last I knew this had become a real port stop with evening shore excursions.

It is my understanding that this means passengers do not get off of the ship. Passengers may get on, however, such as when the ship visits Castries, St. Lucia. There are excursions that end in Soufriere, and the ship sails past the Pitons to go to Soufriere to pick up those passengers. The stop for Soufriere is only one hour in duration.

Just an FYI for the Excursions from Castries to Soufrierre, that is for HAL Shore Excursions passengers only I believe. Not sure about other SC's. I believe some SC's are Service Calls only to be in compliance with some law(s) BUT am not positive.

Joanie

Just an FYI for the Excursions from Castries to Soufrierre, that is for HAL Shore Excursions passengers only I believe. Not sure about other SC's. I believe some SC's are Service Calls only to be in compliance with some law(s) BUT am not positive.

Joanie

Yes.....

It is supposed to be only HAL guests who did a ship's sponsored excursion can reboard in Soufrierre. All others come back aboard in Castries. I have, however, read here where a few say they did a private excursion and were permitted to reboard with the excursion people but don't know if that has been verified.

Edited by sail7seas

They used to make a service call stop in Ensenada. Last I knew this had become a real port stop with evening shore excursions.

yes Ensenada is an evening stop, and there is one shore excursion offered-a folklore show (EXCELLENT),with a short drive/city tour and complimentary margarita. The small shops in the port area are open.

Carol

or the reverse....... Milford Sound (in New Zealand) is an SC stop where passengers can disembark for an overnight roadtrip, joining the ship again at the next regular port stop. Only passengers on the official HAL excursion can leave the ship. (Guess where I'm going for my next cruise!)

Are you planning to do the overland excursion from Milford to Dunedin(Port Chalmers)?