Aussies Are Awesome!!!

Disembarked in Sydney last Sunday, and am impressed with the friendliness of the folks from Down Under.

Had brekkie in the Solstice dining room and seated with a half dozen Aussies.

They persuaded this Yank to sample the dreaded vegemite.

Well, I don't know what all the fuss is about because it wasn't bad at all. One Aussie warned me that it is a bit salty, but I didn't think it tasted disgusting.

But again, I like poi that is served at Hawaiian luaus.

Spent a few days post cruise in NSW.

Although our Christmas beach picnic at Wollongong was rained out, we spent the day driving through Kangaroo Valley. That was foggy at times, but still a beautiful place.

Left for home on Boxing Day.

Will definitely return someday.

:)

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time here in Oz!

A few years ago on Pacific Princess, we met a lovely American couple. On Australia Day, the Executive Chef went out of his way to make us feel at home because a lot of the singers and dancers were Aussies, so we had our own little party, complete with pies and sausage rolls and the chef also made Lamingtons. We invited some of our American friends who became "Honorary Aussies" because they tried Vegemite.

Ron tried the Vegemite, then said "back home, we use this stuff to tar our roads".

At least he tried it. Not everyone is going to like it!

Nicki

Although our Christmas beach picnic at Wollongong was rained out, we spent the day driving through Kangaroo Valley. That was foggy at times, but still a beautiful place.

Kangaroo Valley is a highly underrated place in NSW. The southern highlands, Kiama and surrounds are simply wonderful.

Glad you liked Australia and Australians. A week in Mauritius once reminded me how lucky I was to be an Australian.

Great post Rumpel, makes us feel proud. Fantastic that you enjoyed your time here in the 'Premier State' LOL.

Come again !!

As for Vegemite, no good, got gluten in it, try Dick Smith's Ozemite, gluten free and Aussie owned, not made by Kraft !

Edited by NSWP

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Aussie hospitality. We had vegemite on toast most mornings for breakky on our cruise, it left from Brissy so catered for the Aussie crowd! I was so excited to see it on board!

Yes, I had vegemite and toast every morning too. Surprised to find it in the Windjammer on the Rhapsody. At home I actually prefer promite.

Disembarked in Sydney last Sunday, and am impressed with the friendliness of the folks from Down Under.

Had brekkie in the Solstice dining room and seated with a half dozen Aussies.

They persuaded this Yank to sample the dreaded vegemite.

Well, I don't know what all the fuss is about because it wasn't bad at all. One Aussie warned me that it is a bit salty, but I didn't think it tasted disgusting.

But again, I like poi that is served at Hawaiian luaus.

Spent a few days post cruise in NSW.

Left for home on Boxing Day.

Will definitely return someday.

Our first trip to Oz was in 2010 and we're going back in 2014. If we were younger, we would move. We loved the country & the people. Aussies are the friendliest folks on the planet:)

Oh, I'd love to visit again.

I think Sydney is a beautiful city, even though I stayed primarily in Circular Quay.

I was amazed at what a tourist friendly area it is.

No trouble finding places to eat in the area.

One Aussie on the cruise recommended that we utilize commuter ferries rather than the costly scenic harbor cruises.

So we visited Watsons Bay one day and Manly Beach the next day before driving to Wollongong.

Circular Quay is as tourist friendly as San Francisco's Embarcadero/Fisherman's Wharf, or downtown Manhattan.

Love 'em all!::cool:

But next time, I think I'd like to visit the coastal areas where the Great Barrier Reef is located.

And choose a dryer month than December.:D

For most it is such a long way to go as well. Happy new year.:D

It most certainly is, even from the west coast.

We broke up the journey both ways by stopping in Hawaii for a few days.

It really made a difference. Besides, we loved the fact that we didn's suffer from jetlag. Hawaii is 23 hours behind NZ, so the time was nearly the same...just change the date on the calendar.:D

And Happy New Year to you, too! Only three and a half hours to go until 2014.

But you Aussies are prolly already nursing your New Year's Day hangovers from those legendary New Year's Eve parties.:p

It most certainly is, even from the west coast.

We broke up the journey both ways by stopping in Hawaii for a few days.

It really made a difference. Besides, we loved the fact that we didn's suffer from jetlag. Hawaii is 23 hours behind NZ, so the time was nearly the same...just change the date on the calendar.:D

And Happy New Year to you, too! Only three and a half hours to go until 2014.

But you Aussies are prolly already nursing your New Year's Day hangovers from those legendary New Year's Eve parties.:p

Cheers.

BTW, No hangovers here, we stay drunk.:eek::D