no perks for suite guests on carnival

bigbny1

You get to give Carnival more of your money! :)

Unfortunately nothing like a butler. On Carnival somebody's surname could be Butler but that's as close as it gets. I wouldn't have it any other way. I like Carnival.

Edited by sanmarcosman

If you want a suite, book with NCL. Their suite perks put the rest of the cruise lines to shame. I've had two suites with NCL. You have a butler and concierge. Reserved seating at shows. Complimentary snacks brought to your suite every afternoon. Priority boarding and debarkation and Priority terndering. A video library of DVD's. Special dining room for breakfast and lunch with a special menu. The list goes on. With Carnival-nothing, but a large cabin.

The daily gratuities for Carnival suites are the same as the lowest IS cabin.

Other cruises increase the daily tip.

Yeah, I know that the difference can be as small as 50c pp/pd. but it's the idea of the thing.

If you want a suite, book with NCL. Their suite perks put the rest of the cruise lines to shame. I've had two suites with NCL. You have a butler and concierge. Reserved seating at shows. Complimentary snacks brought to your suite every afternoon. Priority boarding and debarkation and Priority terndering. A video library of DVD's. Special dining room for breakfast and lunch with a special menu. The list goes on. With Carnival-nothing, but a large cabin.

Those are great perks, but how much more is the suite vs. the ocean suite on Carnival (which I've stayed in). I really do think Carnival could add something extra other than priority embarking/disembarking (which is no big deal in my opinion). They don't have to go overboard with perks but it would be nice to give people a little extra something worth while if they are spending a bit more chunk of change to stay in their suites. They could still stay within the "value" category and offer something a bit more to customers in suites.

Those are great perks, but how much more is the suite vs. the ocean suite on Carnival (which I've stayed in). I really do think Carnival could add something extra other than priority embarking/disembarking (which is no big deal in my opinion). They don't have to go overboard with perks but it would be nice to give people a little extra something worth while if they are spending a bit more chunk of change to stay in their suites. They could still stay within the "value" category and offer something a bit more to customers in suites.

This is Carnival that recently substantially reduced their perks for diamond. Based on that wouldnt think they would do much for suite guests.

No real perks and it's a shame. Carnival should take a look at NCL's suite perks.

Have to agree, although the concierge was basically useless. The butler was outstanding. So was having a fresh breakfast delivered to the suite most mornings. Liked the Haven as well. Was really nice not to worry about chair hogs.

Carnival Suite perks are below par compared to rest of industry. Lowest priced suites going by current rates are around $140 pp per day on Carnival. Many NCL Suites start around $100 pp per day. NCL gives you the sun and the moon for that price. Not sure how they do it honestly. RCI Suites (Junior Suites) are comparable in price to Carnival and get you double cruise credits (if that matters) while Grand Suites and above get you free alcohol daily every evening, though typically you will not touch a GS for under 170 pp per day.

Someone pointed out that not many cruise in suites, that is very true. It is a small percentage of those on the cruise.

On RCI, if you book a suite, you get some nice perks like double cruise credit, access to the Concierge Lounge (and the Diamond Lounge - better view of the pool) with free booze and specialty coffees. Also, on most RCI ships, the suite guests have their own private sunning deck, reserved seating poolside, and reserved seating in the main theater.

But, we're interior 'troglodite' cabin dwellers and only have access to the Diamond Lounge.

You get on and off the ship first, and a bigger room with larger bathroom with a tub.

You get what you pay for. Suites on other lines are much more expensive.

Like how much would it cost carnival to provide things like priority seating at shows ? ahh my guess would be nothing so take it easy on defending Carnival when the OP asked a simple question.

All the things you mentioned are not perks they are being paid for.

Edited by Hstergo

We have been on 8 cruises and 7 of then were in suites. When we compared them to other lines they were cheaper and we liked the larger room and priority boarding. The last 2 cruises we not only did the suites but also did the FTtF.

Our next cruise is on RCL in an owners suite and we compared it to the Breeze and it was actually cheaper. RCL gives you a lot more perks for a suite. I'm sorry but I just think they can do more for suite customers.

Royal Caribbean and Princess have similar suite perks.

We all know what we signed up for when we hit book suite....what's the issue???? Who can complain for the price??? If you need your bottom powdered try crystal or seaborne.kind of like comparing the holiday inn to the four seasons. Same issue with mass market cruise lines.

Edited by Sh1035

Carnival Suite perks are below par compared to rest of industry. Lowest priced suites going by current rates are around $140 pp per day on Carnival. Many NCL Suites start around $100 pp per day. NCL gives you the sun and the moon for that price. Not sure how they do it honestly. RCI Suites (Junior Suites) are comparable in price to Carnival and get you double cruise credits (if that matters) while Grand Suites and above get you free alcohol daily every evening, though typically you will not touch a GS for under 170 pp per day.

A full suite on NCL, one that comes with suite perks, not a mini-suite, DO NOT start at $100 pp per day. About the rock bottom pricing for a full suite on NCL is $150 pp/day. You might occasionally find a last minute deal for slightly less than that, but $100/day is not even close.

We have been on 8 cruises and 7 of then were in suites. When we compared them to other lines they were cheaper and we liked the larger room and priority boarding. The last 2 cruises we not only did the suites but also did the FTtF.

Our next cruise is on RCL in an owners suite and we compared it to the Breeze and it was actually cheaper. RCL gives you a lot more perks for a suite. I'm sorry but I just think they can do more for suite customers.

I agree, Carnival should step up and at least offer the full FTTF package will a suite. To buy it separately is a slap in the face.

We spent our honeymoon in a balcony stateroom on Carnival, deciding against the suite because it looked like a waist of money. I would absolutely go with a balcony again on Carnival, they're a great deal compared to the other cruise lines. For a suite, sounds like NCL or RCL are the way to go.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Paying for a suite on Carnival somewhat defeats the purpose of sailing on Carnival, which is to cruise as cheaply as possible.

If I'm looking at suites, most likely I'm budgeting enough money to be looking at other cruise lines. For example, you could get a Concierge Class or Aqua Class standard balcony stateroom on Celebrity with a litany of perks for the same price as a suite on Carnival with zero perks. But to each his own. Some may prefer to pay extra for a bigger room on a budget cruise line than for a standard room on a premium cruise line.

Edited by Tapi