Cocktail Packages and Bottled Water Packages??

I-love-cruising

Dear Fellow Cruisers,

I LOVE drinking ship's cocktail drinks and in need of bottled watter. On Royal Carribbean, they offer Cocktail packages and Bottled Water Packages. Does Princess offer the same? I see coffee cards, beer packages, wine packages, and soda cards. I can't seem to find "cocktail cards" or "bottled water packages" :confused:

At this time Princess does not offer an alcohol package, but there is one being trialled on a couple of ships.

I've never seen a bottle water package. Just bring a refillable cup with you and use that. Never had an issue with the water on board.

I always get bottled water when I can, because the ship's de-salinated water still has too much sodium for heart patients. I want to keep Leon around as long as possible!

I agree! I just dislike lugging the water back onto ship from ports. Bottled water on ships can be expensive too from what I remember

Dear Fellow Cruisers,

I LOVE drinking ship's cocktail drinks and in need of bottled watter. On Royal Carribbean, they offer Cocktail packages and Bottled Water Packages. Does Princess offer the same? I see coffee cards, beer packages, wine packages, and soda cards. I can't seem to find "cocktail cards" or "bottled water packages" :confused:

No bottled water packages. You can carry on all the bottled water or soft drinks you want, or have them delivered as checked baggage. The tap water on Princess is fine to drink, just bring a water bottle(s) and keep it in the cabin fridge. There is fresh ice in your fridge each day.

No cocktail cards, but individual drink prices are reasonable and less than some other lines. An 'unlimited' alcohol package is currently being tested on the Star Princess and the Sapphire Princess. There are some drink specials each day during 'happy hours'. The times can vary, but on our last voyage the hours were 3 to 5pm and then again 7 to 9pm. Ask the bar waiter about them. The waiters don't push happy hour drinks, but when you sit down they will ask you if you wish to have something.

Princess is trying a cocktail package at this time. I think it is offered on the Star and the Sapphire. I have not heard a schedule for rolling out to other ships.

We are going on the Regal Princess. I'm surprise and disappointed they are implementing or adding new packages to this ship as this is their new ship :(

No bottled water packages. You can carry on all the bottled water or soft drinks you want, or have them delivered as checked baggage. The tap water on Princess is fine to drink, just bring a water bottle(s) and keep it in the cabin fridge. There is fresh ice in your fridge each day.

No cocktail cards, but individual drink prices are reasonable and less than some other lines. An 'unlimited' alcohol package is currently being tested on the Star Princess and the Sapphire Princess. There are some drink specials each day during 'happy hours'. The times can vary, but on our last voyage the hours were 3 to 5pm and then again 7 to 9pm. Ask the bar waiter about them. The waiters don't push happy hour drinks, but when you sit down they will ask you if you wish to have something.

I have been reading all of princesses info and I can't find anything about bringing water or soda onboard. Is there a place to find it? I have been on carnival and its 12 20oz or less bottles per person in carry on only. If I could avoid a soda card because I only like soda once in awhile, it would be great.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

I have been reading all of princesses info and I can't find anything about bringing water or soda onboard. Is there a place to find it? I have been on carnival and its 12 20oz or less bottles per person in carry on only. If I could avoid a soda card because I only like soda once in awhile, it would be great.

Princess has no limit on soda or water.

We are going on the Regal Princess. I'm surprise and disappointed they are implementing or adding new packages to this ship as this is their new ship :(
Keep in mind that drink prices on Princess are generally less than on Celebrity or RCCL. For instance, you can get mixed drinks, Bloody Mary, Long Island Iced Tea, etc. for $5.50. Martini's are $7-8.

The package being tested on the Sapphire and Star are unlimited beverages valued at $10 or less. Cost is $49/pp/day plus 15% gratuity (for about $56/pp/day) and everyone booked in the cabin who are 21 or older must purchase, children booked in the cabin must purchase the Ultimate card. You can purchase a soda card (sticker) for unlimited sodas for $5.18/pp/day (including gratuity) or the Ultimate card (unlimited soda, mocktails, smoothies, non-breakfast juice, etc) for $8.05/pp/day. That means you would be spending $48/pp/day in coffee or alcoholic beverages. At Princess prices, that's an average of 6-7 drinks a day to break even. If you're in port, you'd have to drink more. Just saying.

Edited by Pam in CA

Keep in mind that drink prices on Princess are generally less than on Celebrity or RCCL. For instance, you can get mixed drinks, Bloody Mary, Long Island Iced Tea, etc. for $5.50. Martini's are $7-8.

The package being tested on the Sapphire and Star are unlimited beverages valued at $10 or less. Cost is $49/pp/day plus 15% gratuity (for about $56/pp/day) and everyone booked in the cabin who are 21 or older must purchase, children booked in the cabin must purchase the Ultimate card. You can purchase a soda card (sticker) for unlimited sodas for $5.18/pp/day (including gratuity) or the Ultimate card (unlimited soda, mocktails, smoothies, non-breakfast juice, etc) for $8.05/pp/day. That means you would be spending $48/pp/day in coffee or alcoholic beverages. At Princess prices, that's an average of 6-7 drinks a day to break even. If you're in port, you'd have to drink more. Just saying.

Why would you have to drink more if you are in port? Do they charge more for the package during port days?

.🍸🍻

Why would you have to drink more if you are in port? Do they charge more for the package during port days?

No, but if you are ashore on a port day, then there are less hours on the ship to consume the breakeven number of beverages that day.

No, but if you are ashore on a port day, then there are less hours on the ship to consume the breakeven number of beverages that day.

That still doesn't change the amount or number of drinks that you have to consume. If the pack is $40 and drinks average $8 then you still have to drink 5 drinks to break even. Doesn't matter have many hours there are.

.🎉🍸🍻

Princess doesn't specifically state bring all you want, but by it's absence from the passage contract, it is not disallowed.

That still doesn't change the amount or number of drinks that you have to consume. If the pack is $40 and drinks average $8 then you still have to drink 5 drinks to break even. Doesn't matter have many hours there are.
Technically, you are right. However, if you're off the ship from 7am until 6pm, that's a lot of drinking in a relatively short period of time. Not something most people would do. And keep in mind that drinks average a lot less than $8... probably closer to $6.50-7, depending.

Keep in mind that cruise lines offer packages to make money, not to be your new best friend. Most people won't even drink the full value so it's a win for Princess because they have your money and you've essentially paid a lot more for each drink than you would otherwise. If that's what you want to do, fine... it's your choice.