Live update from the Summit, Jan 4th sailing

A Sixth?

Just a few quick points "live" from the hot and sunny Caribbean.

We boarded Saturday at 11:00!!! Yes, we were at the port early and amongst the first on when they opened the gate. There was no wait, just straight to check in an onto the ship!

Ship looks great, service is excellent, and the live pool band Xtasea is pretty good.

The muster drill was at 7:45 and lasted about 15 minutes

Escargot is available in the MDR. The roast beef on night one was excellent and wine service was top notch with our classic package.

The connections party was in Revelations at 5:00 as we sailed away from St Croix and was well attended.

There are no Elite coupons this sailing, Micheals Club is the happy hour location. It wasn't crowded when we went after the connections party

We're in a Sky Suite and ate one of the finest meals we ever had on a cruise ship the second night in Blu. They presented us with a chit to sign if we wanted to leave a tip (suggested $5.00 PP we did and some!)

Don

Edited by A Sixth?

The connections party was in Revelations at 5:00 as we sailed away from St Croix and was well attended.

There are no Elite coupons this sailing, Micheals Club is the happy hour location. It wasn't crowded when we went after the connections party

Don

Last time on Summit they held the morning Elite function in Normandie with the evening function in Revelations. Were both morning and evening events held in Michael's??

Don

This is good news. In an old review they held it during the day and then nobody attended. Hope ours is at the same time.

Looking forward to your continued reports. Particularly interested in the ports.

Edited by monicajay

Last time on Summit they held the morning Elite function in Normandie with the evening function in Revelations. Were both morning and evening events held in Michael's??

Micheals HH, Normandie Bfast

Edited by A Sixth?

We sail on her (again) in just over 2 months. I am wondering about your comment, "no Elite coupons this sailing." I LOVE the laundry coupons we have received in the past as well as the internet ones... will be sorry to not have them. Please let us know if they "surface" at some point. But, in the meantime, enjoy it all and thanks for stoking the anticipation with sharing your post!

Hi A Sixth. We were on the same Summit sailing years back. At some point, can you confirm if there is or isn't the guitar player playing at the Sunset aft bar. There are reports that this is gone. There were also reports that they added steel drums there but that this has now gone too. Sad.

Thanks.

Have a lovely cruise, Don.

If you have a chance, could you take a pic of the wine list showing wines by the glass or bar menu? No one seems to have the latest prices for drinks and it makes a difference for those trying to decide between classic and premium beverage packages or upgrading to premium from the free classic package of the 1-2-3 go promotion.

Thanks a bunch and happy sailing!!!

:)

Edited by Vol fan

Could you let us know whether there is still music at Sunset Bar? When I sailed last April they had a guitar player in early evening.

Also, how is the other entertainment? There was a good piano player when we sailed last year (same itinerary as you).

MaggieAtSea, I think they are referring to the elite drink vouchers, not the elite coupons at least that's what I assume. I'm sure they will confirm at some point!

Correct! Laundry etc as usual

Yes guitar player each night in Micheal's

Zuma started at 4:15 by pool (good place to meet women :-) )

Back soon

Thanks so much for the updates!

I noticed a few people have asked about music at the Sunset Bar in the evening. I, too, am curious about this. I believe it is on Deck 10, Aft. Some posters have said that there used to be steel drums playing there each night at Sail Away, and sometimes a guitar player.

Just wondering if you could find out if there is, in fact, music there in the evenings??

We will be on the Summit next month and booked an Aft cabin overlooking the Sunset bar. I would love to hear the steel drums from my balcony!!

Thanks again!

I don't ever recall any music at the Oceanview Bar, or any bar on a Celebrity ship during sailaway. They usually have a sailaway event up by the pool.

On our B2b on Constellation last Feb there was a guitar player that played out there every day around 5pm & sometime later in the evening.

I don't ever recall any music at the Oceanview Bar, or any bar on a Celebrity ship during sailaway. They usually have a sailaway event up by the pool.

Last Feb. sunset bar, he was there everyday.

Thanks for all of the updates A Sixth!

10609084505_b870d0f668_m.jpg.faf592b893118ba066eaa55a070ad327.jpg

Correct! Laundry etc as usual

Yes guitar player each night in Micheal's

Zuma started at 4:15 by pool (good place to meet women :-) )

Back soon

Good to hear about the Elite coupons. On our other Celebrity cruises we have always received an Elite coupon for 90 minutes free internet, I assume there is still a coupon for this?

It sounds amazing, thanks for sharing your stories! The sunset bar looks like an excellent place to enjoy sail away each day. Anxious to hear any more impressions or comments about your adventures on the Summit! Cheers

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Don

Hi Don,

... why no Elite coupons?

... was Michael's Club for all Elites?

Thanks Don for your posts. I have a son, his wife along with 4 other couples on this sailing. We're watching the grandkids and the last we talked to him was Saturday as they were sailing from Puerto Rico. He's been texting but can't get a real feel for the cruise thru those brief text messages. (Mostly wondering how the kids are doing). Fun to be able to read your posts and get the feeling it's a good cruise. They chose this cruise on our recommendation and we were hoping they wouldn't be disappointed. Doesn't sound like they will be! Hope the weather is cooperating. Another son was on the Summit Christmas cruise when Dominica had the mudslides. Looking forward to future posts.

We were on Summit 12/21. You still get the coupons in your stateroom for discounts. You get the free internet, dry cleaning and laundry, as well as a free scoop of gelato, which we never thought we would use but did and enjoyed it!

There was a steel drum player at the sunset bar on that sailing- he was part of the enrichment series.

Please tell the Ashley, the Captain's Club Hostess, that Lisa and Steve say hi!! She's wonderful!!

We were on Summit 12/21.

There was a steel drum player at the sunset bar on that sailing- he was part of the enrichment series.!!

What is the "enrichment series"? Any talk of how long this will continue for? We are sailing April 5 and would love a steel drum there or just even the old guitar player.

Thanks.

What is the "enrichment series"? Any talk of how long this will continue for? We are sailing April 5 and would love a steel drum there or just even the old guitar player.

Thanks.

I'm on the April 5th also. Won't be too long.

When we were on Constellation last year there was an enrichment series speaker who gave an hour talk about the Nassau. It was very interesting. Can't imagine that a steel drum band would be part of it that same kind of series - but who knows? :)