HELP!! Lost bag!! Family Heirloom Ring Inside!!

I know this is a very long shot but I'm posting this on the small chance that miracles can happen…we lost a bag on the trip (Royal Carribean Enchantment of the Seas January 3rd sailing out of Port Canaveral)…somehow my carry on got misplaced somewhere in the process through customs or in the parking area etc… It had my camera with all our pictures on it, all my jewelry including a diamond ring from my great grandmother, all my kids medications, orthodontic appliances, makeup…EVERYTHING essentially that's why I was carrying it… It is a large cream colored tote bag with a black logo that says Mineral Purchasing Cooperative and a picture of GA on it. Of course it has no ID on it b/c I was carrying it on… Maybe a good person found it and is looking for the owner so please help me share this in the hopes I can get it back. Thanks!

Emily StPeter emily_stpeter@yahoo.com

I guess traveling with three kids had us flustered getting off the ship so it was set down somewhere :( I am just sick over this. Please help!

I know this is a very long shot but I'm posting this on the small chance that miracles can happen…we lost a bag on the trip (Royal Carribean Enchantment of the Seas January 3rd sailing out of Port Canaveral)…somehow my carry on got misplaced somewhere in the process through customs or in the parking area etc… It had my camera with all our pictures on it, all my jewelry including a diamond ring from my great grandmother, all my kids medications, orthodontic appliances, makeup…EVERYTHING essentially that's why I was carrying it… It is a large cream colored tote bag with a black logo that says Mineral Purchasing Cooperative and a picture of GA on it. Of course it has no ID on it b/c I was carrying it on… Maybe a good person found it and is looking for the owner so please help me share this in the hopes I can get it back. Thanks!

I guess traveling with three kids had us flustered getting off the ship so it was set down somewhere :( I am just sick over this. Please help!

I hope that a miracle does happen. There are many honest people out there.

I would try calling Royal's Post Cruise Customer Service: (800) 256-6649. Maybe someone turned it in to them, or they can refer you to the Port Canaveral Lost & Found.

Edited by clarea

Just to relay my story, my husband left his suitcase outside of his car at the Port of Tampa. We called the port and they didn't have it and promised to call if it turned up. Just a bunch of dirty clothes and such, so no great loss. No call and I called back and they had it. Turns out all unattended bags have to go through security first and then it goes to lost baggage which caused the delay.

Good Luck

Edited by irishgal432

I tried to find the roll call but I can't it's Jan 3 Enchantment of the Seas

Emily, I am so sorry for the loss of your carry on bag. Your situation reminds us of the importance of having identification on/in a carry on item- whether it is a bag, camera case, etc. My DH left on a business trip and I stuck my busn. card in his eyeglass case, just in case... Well, he lost that case containing his prescription sunglasses, only to have me receive them in the mail from some anonymous very kind person!

Someone asked about a Roll Call for your sailing, but only one person responded: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1960404.

I saw that Port Everglades says to contact the cruiseline, not the port, in case of lost items. Port Canaveral doesn't have anything I could see regarding lost & found items. (website: portcanaveral.com). There are three cruiselines at Port Canaveral, and as setsail provided, I would contact all three that had ships in port that day:

Cruise Line Contact Numbers

To contact a cruise line for lost luggage or other information, please use these numbers:

Carnival Cruise Line 800-929-6400

Disney Cruise Line 407-566-3734

Royal Caribbean 800-327-6700

Also, from RCI's website to contact Lost Luggage/Lost & Found:

Customer Support

Contact Us (800) 256-6649 Lost Luggage and Lost and Found

Even though you didn't lose the bag on board, it's best to try all avenues to recover it. I hope you can come back with good news to tell us!

p,s, uksimonusa, I hope the prescription containers can be of help!

A good lesson for those that have a carryon to "always" have ID on it...Best of luck..and hope you get lucky with the return of your bag... :)

Lesson learned, Ashland. I will make it a point to do just that.

I must admit that when I first saw the title of this thread I rolled my eyes and said to myself "another dummy packing valuables in their baggage", then saw that it was a carry-on.

How awful. Got a little sick to my stomach just thinking about what you must be feeling right now. Hope that my faith in humanity can be restored and that you are reunited with your bag with all of its contents intact.

Please let us know.

If you havent already contact the local police department. Someone may have turned it in to them.

I pray that your case will find it's way home over the next few days There are honest, caring people in this world....let's pray that one of them found your bag....

Any of us who have a piece of jewelry from a family member know what you are going through...

ID should be your cell phone number and your business address! NEVER, EVER put your home address on your luggage!!! NEVER!

Why not? Someone will see your address on the tag and know you are not home? Southwest put my baggage through at MCO untagged and they said the only way it got back to me so quickly was because my name and address were on the bag. They were able to determine my destination airport based upon my address on passenger rosters, and sent my luggage over on the next flight. I suppose if I only had a cell they likely would have eventually called, this just worked out so seamlessly.

To the OP, I really hope you find your bag. I know what I went through when my bag was missing.

Why not? Someone will see your address on the tag and know you are not home? Southwest put my baggage through at MCO untagged and they said the only way it got back to me so quickly was because my name and address were on the bag. They were able to determine my destination airport based upon my address on passenger rosters, and sent my luggage over on the next flight. I suppose if I only had a cell they likely would have eventually called, this just worked out so seamlessly.

To the OP, I really hope you find your bag. I know what I went through when my bag was missing.

Just an additional thought and tip..I always put a luggage tag from my cruiseline on my carry-on too.

Just an additional thought and tip..I always put a luggage tag from my cruiseline on my carry-on too.

I make extra luggage tags and put them on everything I carry, even my purse. If I leave anything lay while waiting to board the ship, at least they know what cabin to deliver it to. I also have address tags on everything (I put return address labels on most of my things) like binoculars, tablet, cameras and anything that I would be upset over losing. This would help after the cruise.

Gwen :)