The Happy Wanderer (reprise)

RuthC

I expected a Town Car to pick me up at 10:00 this morning. What a surprise when I glanced out the window---10 minutes early!---to see a limo backing into the driveway. Looks like this cruise is off to a good start.

We whisked off to Black Falcon Terminal, arriving at 11:10; I was given #10 and called to check-in at 11:40. It couldn't have taken more than three minutes to have my ticket of admission, passport, and credit card checked! I was handed my sign and sail card, dinner assignment---snd off I went to lunch. NYC could take lessons.

It's getting late aboard the Maasdam and we're about to lose an hour's sleep, so I'll say "good-night" to those of you who are following this thread with a

Welcome Aboard!

I expected a Town Car to pick me up at 10:00 this morning. What a surprise when I glanced out the window---10 minutes early!---to see a limo backing into the driveway. Looks like this cruise is off to a good start.

We whisked off to Black Falcon Terminal, arriving at 11:10; I was given #10 and called to check-in at 11:40. It couldn't have taken more than three minutes to have my ticket of admission, passport, and credit card checked! I was handed my sign and sail card, dinner assignment---snd off I went to lunch. NYC could take lessons.

It's getting late aboard the Maasdam and we're about to lose an hour's sleep, so I'll say "good-night" to those of you who are following this thread with a

Welcome Aboard!

Ruth, glad you are on the ship and arrived safely! How exciting, you are about to find your first pillow chocolate :)

Also my parents GroverKids will be at the meeting on Sunday :)

Thanks for sharing with us!

RuthC-

Great to hear you are aboard safe and sound!:D (And that you travelled to the Ship in luxury too!;) ) Looking forward to your reprise of the Happy Wanderer, though I may have to catch up on a couple of Chapters while we cruise on the Prinsendam!

Calm seas, blue skies and your favorite chocolate tulip at least once during the cruise!;)

Maybe if I pretend I'm on the ship, I can make it thru the next 35 days of heat, humidity and moving (across the street). It's a lot more fun thinking I'm on the ship! Enjoy yourself and say hello to the Lido staff who worked around me when I fell asleep reading; I think they might remember me.

And Ruth, just think ... there was a lovely chocolate on your pillow when you got back to your cabin on the first night! Not only that, but there will be 34 more of those ahead of you!!!! :)

Me? Yes, I'm pea-green with envy.

But ... I'm CERTAIN you will have a VERY blessed cruise!

Ruth, my friend glad to hear you made it safely aboard the Maasdam. Was thinking of you all day and wishing I was there with you again. Oh well, we still have Hawaii!!!!! Hope you had a nice table and that you can enjoy your nightly visits to the Piano Bar. It will be hard without me, but try!!...lol Sweet dreams tonight after getting your pillow chocolate. Adele

"my knapsack on my back" as I'm sitting here in front of my computer. I, too, was thinking of you all day yesterday, saying to myself "Ruth must be boarding now", it's 5pm , they're getting ready to sail.... I almost had tears in my eyes wishing I was with you.

Now I'm on the receiving end of your posts, will follow them faithfully.

Please say hello to Myra and paul for me, and Renaldo, if you meet him.

I do so remember the first 8 1-hour time changes. You'll make the up westbound. It's just starting. Savor very minute, and if you think of it , raise a glass to me and Adele once in in while.

Appologies to Roy Rogers, but, "Happy Sails to you"

GN

So happy to hear you are safely aboard and arrived with such style.

Hope you are satisifed that Lisa, TomC, Grannynurse and I took good care of Maasdam in order for all to be perfect for your arrival.

I agree that Boston does a wonderful job with embarkation. We found them equally good for disembark. (But who wants to think about that now :) when you have over a full month aboard to savor.)

Enjoy. Blue skies and calm seas.

Ruth

You were on my mind yesterday, also. Kept looking at the clock and wondering what was happening. I am very interested in your posts as we are doing the same cruise next July. Selfish of me, I know, but I also enjoy reading what all of you have to say on cruises I'm not on!!!!!

I wish you good weather and many chocolates!!!

Esther

Ruth, so wonderful to see this thread this morning!!! I want you to know that I personally arranged for the chocolates on your pillow every night;) . I'm thinking of you out there on the high seas and I can only imagine how happy you must be. You've been looking forward to this for so long.

Be sure to say "hi" to Jennie, Liz, Ziggy's parents and any other CC'ers joining you on this cruise. Looking forward to your tales!

The violinist on the Champagne Strings doesn't look very nice, but he really is. I made eye contact with him now and again, smiled, and he smiled back. Perhaps he will remember me as, maybe, the only person that interacted with him.

To any crew member you speak with, I always had my HAL bag with me, day and night, whether I was dressed down daytimes or in a suit at night. That might jog their memories. The Lido staff will remember me for being in there so often, drinking tea and reading ... when I didn't fall asleep at the table. The CD staff knows me from dropping by the office.

But, I'm sure, they forget the pax quickly, so I don't expect much.

How wonderful to read your post! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures over the next 35 days! I so enjoyed your last Travelogue, and can't wait to follow this one.

Smooth sailing and lots of delicious chocolates! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived