Sneaking alcohol on board cruise ships!

I did not notice any poster on this thread saying that they never broke any traffic rules - which were the type of rules to which you referred in trying to deflect attention from the topic -- which was, and remains - cruise lines' rules concerning smuggling booze.

Such transparent attempt at relativity is only slightly less immature than the claims of those who state that they only smuggle because the only brand/blend they can tolerate is not carried by their line of choice. (As if such a delicate palate would be satisfied with the effect the plastic of their rum runner would have on the bouquet of their cherished Old Whatever .)

Again, it was addressed to those on here that say they don't break rules. So, I just gave a couple of example of rules commonly broken. If one is going to cast judgement on the behavior of others in regards to following rules, then I think it's fair to ask about other common mundane rules. Because if they don't abide by those all of the time, why then should they expect others to follow these rules.

It is not an immature question it just broadens the scope a bit to ascertain the validity of one's position. If I were one of those smuggling, I would find it absurd to have someone chastising me over breaking rules on the ship when they themselves don't necessarily follow all of the rules in other areas.

Don't expect that when you throw civility out the window, that you don't get challenged (not necessarily speaking of you specifically). If these boards were civil, then the response to the OP's question could have been "I don't smuggle alcohol. The cruise lines have their policy and I abide by it.". End of story, leading by example. Instead, the thread denigrates into a litany of name calling: "cheapskates, lazy, immature, idiots, etc.".

Regardless of which side you fall with regard to this argument, imagine this same discussion was held in person and these same things said. Tell me that the lack of civility and respect don't violate the rules of civilized behavior.

From this thread I gather that those opposed to smuggling think smugglers and "those who show up first and are too sh!tfaced to attend the muster drill" are one and the same.

that comment was brought up after someone mentioned that smugglers brought lots of cheap booze to stay buzzed.

hey if you want to be a goodie two shoes. as I said above no one is making you smuggle booze those of you who are seem to like beating down the folks that do. just enjoy your cruise and mind your business.

-out in the open on the freeway I always drive a min 8mph over the speed limit

-I always smuggle a bottle of coke into the movie theater, not paying more for a fountain drink then the movie ticket. wife always take 99cent jr mints instead of paying $5 for the exact same box in the movie.

-I even shop for the best deal on cruise fares and don't think I'm screwing the cruise lines when I buy at a good price and then ask for a credit if I catch the price lower.

Well, you are obviously some sort of derelict with a lust for anarchy and the destruction of our society!! How dare you?!?:D:D:D

that comment was brought up after someone mentioned that smugglers brought lots of cheap booze to stay buzzed.

hey if you want to be a goodie two shoes. as I said above no one is making you smuggle booze those of you who are seem to like beating down the folks that do. just enjoy your cruise and mind your business.

Goodie two shoes because I follow the rules? Lol Royal needs to get harsher penalties for the smugglers

Goodie two shoes because I follow the rules? Lol Royal needs to get harsher penalties for the smugglers

I assume you would stand behind the cruise line denying boarding to anyone found to possess an item of contraband as defined by the cruise line and not by the law.

Yup!!

A travel steamer is prohibited. By your measure, should that person be caught them or their entire reservation should be put ashore and made to forfeit all money. Or if someone brings martial arts gear. Freedom of the Seas has a boxing rink. If someone brought their own protective gear, likely to be better quality than loaner gear on board, is that considered martial arts gear? By your measure they would be denied boarding for having protective pads.

If any cruise line denied boarding to anyone who had an item of contraband (note: I am not talking about things against the law such as illegal drugs) they would be sacrificing onboard revenue, and that,over time, will make the price of your cruise go up significantly more than the amount of alcohol making it onboard now.

I don't even believe that all people are cheap/lazy "smugglers". I am sure people are used to going on various types of vacations and throw a bottle of their favorite spirit in a bag and have never given it a second thought and may not realize they are doing something against policy. Sure, it's in the cruise contract; have you read every single page every time booking a cruise? I won't fault someone for doing something fairly reasonable that they have never had an issue doing on any other type of vacation they may have taken. Ignorance itself does not give someone the right to do what they want, but it does explain some peoples behaviors.

I don't use any of those products but I think the entrepreneurs/creative minds behinds them are geniuses. One person came up with an empty bottle of shampoo. It's $12 I think. Could someone not buy a bottle of shampoo for $1-$4 and, you know, use the shampoo and then have the same empty bottle? Isn't a rum runner just your generic old $1 camping canteen? Many a camping trip I've had extra toiletries in that sort of gear; never dreaming I could mark it up 10X plus to sell to people trying to conceal liquor. They are making a fortune. I admire the business acumen of some people who know where to make a buck.

While I may understand the rule, and abide by it as Royal now provides me gratis evening cocktails, I don't for a second think they would or should eject guests who break rules of bringing something that is totally legal, but would ultimately serve to undercut RCI profits. Call it crazy, but I'm sure at some point in history over the last nearly 45 years, down some maze like corridor, some crazy old lady made bartender like tips ironing peoples clothes for a fraction of the cruise line price. I could certainly picture it at least.

I'll be completely and 100% honest... On our last cruise we snuck it on. We're all in college, and the chance to save $100-200 on alcohol alone? Of course we went for it. Was it worth it? Absolutely. Did I still spend money on the ship on alcohol? Of course I did! You can't beat a mixed/frozen drink or an ice cold beer in paradise. I probably spent $100 on the ship in alcohol purchases.

Now in about 5-10 years and you were to ask me the same question, hopefully I will have been employed and have the money to not have to worry about sneaking on the alcohol.

Judge me all you want, just stating my opinion.

;)

Hopefully, your college will offer Ethics classes. Not judging -- just sayin'.

A travel steamer is prohibited. By your measure, should that person be caught them or their entire reservation should be put ashore and made to forfeit all money. Or if someone brings martial arts gear. Freedom of the Seas has a boxing rink. If someone brought their own protective gear, likely to be better quality than loaner gear on board, is that considered martial arts gear? By your measure they would be denied boarding for having protective pads.

If any cruise line denied boarding to anyone who had an item of contraband (note: I am not talking about things against the law such as illegal drugs) they would be sacrificing onboard revenue, and that,over time, will make the price of your cruise go up significantly more than the amount of alcohol making it onboard now.

I don't even believe that all people are cheap/lazy "smugglers". I am sure people are used to going on various types of vacations and throw a bottle of their favorite spirit in a bag and have never given it a second thought and may not realize they are doing something against policy. Sure, it's in the cruise contract; have you read every single page every time booking a cruise? I won't fault someone for doing something fairly reasonable that they have never had an issue doing on any other type of vacation they may have taken. Ignorance itself does not give someone the right to do what they want, but it does explain some peoples behaviors.

I don't use any of those products but I think the entrepreneurs/creative minds behinds them are geniuses. One person came up with an empty bottle of shampoo. It's $12 I think. Could someone not buy a bottle of shampoo for $1-$4 and, you know, use the shampoo and then have the same empty bottle? Isn't a rum runner just your generic old $1 camping canteen? Many a camping trip I've had extra toiletries in that sort of gear; never dreaming I could mark it up 10X plus to sell to people trying to conceal liquor. They are making a fortune. I admire the business acumen of some people who know where to make a buck.

While I may understand the rule, and abide by it as Royal now provides me gratis evening cocktails, I don't for a second think they would or should eject guests who break rules of bringing something that is totally legal, but would ultimately serve to undercut RCI profits. Call it crazy, but I'm sure at some point in history over the last nearly 45 years, down some maze like corridor, some crazy old lady made bartender like tips ironing peoples clothes for a fraction of the cruise line price. I could certainly picture it at least.

I don't break rules or read novels on CC! I say kick them all off

I don't have it but it takes money from bartenders

*** are you talkin about? so you go from, smuggling is bad it makes prices rise for everyone to, smuggling is bad cause you were raised the right way by your parents to, smuggling is bad cause it takes money away from bartenders.

youre grasping at straws buddy, keep it up, its hysterical. whats your next excuse?

im cheap, i spend money on things i like, not over priced weak drinks. game over, i win.

No sense trying to have a discussion with someone so illogical as yourself. You've made your opinion on the matter quite clear. Enjoy your next cruise.

this makes me laugh, i wanted to keep it going until he proves anything he assumes.

if we stop bringing our own drinks, will prices drop for everyone? i want proof. :D

*** are you talkin about? so you go from, smuggling is bad it makes prices rise for everyone to, smuggling is bad cause you were raised the right way by your parents to, smuggling is bad cause it takes money away from bartenders.

youre grasping at straws buddy, keep it up, its hysterical. whats your next excuse?

im cheap, i spend money on things i like, not over priced weak drinks. game over, i win.

Grasping like I bring alcohol because I like to drink on the balcony or I being alcohol on because I like to have a drink during my cruise! Lol that's grasping buddy

No sense trying to have a discussion with someone so illogical as yourself. You've made your opinion on the matter quite clear. Enjoy your next cruise.

I sure will enjoy it and I work so ill buy a premium package to freely enjoy on the cruise without sneaking around. Good luck getting ice I'm sure you'll need it.

Grasping like I bring alcohol because I like to drink on the balcony or I being alcohol on because I like to have a drink during my cruise! Lol that's grasping buddy

i couldnt care less why people smuggle.

if u wanna drink on your balcony and need to go to the bar and it is a pain in the azz so i can understand it. not one of them are making claims that what theyre doing are changing prices for everyone.

please back up your claim or stop posting ridiculous claims.