Sneaking alcohol on board cruise ships!

So, you're "much to[sic] smart to follow every rule society has placed" on you. Oh please, you're not Rosa Parks lol! It's not a societal rule, it's a contract that you agreed to, at least on RCI. You just evidently see no value in keeping your word or living up to a contract. But, if it makes you feel better to think it's because you're too smart, well.....

You are right about that. Last time I checked Rosa Parks was not a cheapskate. The sorry ass excuse about having a drink on my balcony. I drink on my balcony too. Takes 5 minutes to find a bar and get 2 drinks. But then I'm no cheapskate.

the reality is that one never runs into these holier-than-thou folks from CC on a cruise.. I suspect they stay in their rooms way up top and have their butlers go out among the normal people.

well said last I knew of wine is alcohol yet they let you bring that along

well said last I knew of wine is alcohol yet they let you bring that along

Most ships that allow you to bring along wine allow one bottle per person or two per cabin. Two bottles is the equivalent alcohol content of five airplane minis. They charge a $20 per bottle corkage. How many people would be willing to pay $40 to bring on five airplane bottles of spirits? Not many is my guess.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Perry Mason you're not. From the RCI Guest Conduct Policy:

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of

embarkation day when guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2)

bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per stateroom."

Perry Mason I am not, which I pretty much fully admitted. And I was referring to the snippet you originally posted, which was apparently not the rule but the punishment. What you have just posted is the rule and better supports your argument.

This thread's topic deals with sneaking alcohol aboard ship. I think your question might be more logically asked on a thread dealing with traffic violations.

My question is addressed to those who say they don't break any rules, which was brought up on this thread and deals with the topic of this thread. It wasn't just a random question with no ultimate purpose.

You are right about that. Last time I checked Rosa Parks was not a cheapskate. The sorry ass excuse about having a drink on my balcony. I drink on my balcony too. Takes 5 minutes to find a bar and get 2 drinks. But then I'm no cheapskate.

So your argument has nothing to do with the policy, but rather the frugalness of the people who bring their own. This means you have a problem with anyone who brings their own soda, water or snacks. What about the people who by a drink package because it will be cheaper for them than buying as you go?

Using this line of argument, you should be posting on every thread here about getting good cruise deals and saving money and telling them they are cheap. But since you're no cheapskate, you've probably never visited those threads. You probably find them appalling ;).

Sad thing is, I hardly drink, I don't smuggle alcohol and I don't really care that much either way on the topic. I'm just wanting to help fuel the fire. It can be quite entertaining.

So your argument has nothing to do with the policy, but rather the frugalness of the people who bring their own. This means you have a problem with anyone who brings their own soda, water or snacks. What about the people who by a drink package because it will be cheaper for them than buying as you go?

Using this line of argument, you should be posting on every thread here about getting good cruise deals and saving money and telling them they are cheap. But since you're no cheapskate, you've probably never visited those threads. You probably find them appalling ;).

Sad thing is, I hardly drink, I don't smuggle alcohol and I don't really care that much either way on the topic. I'm just wanting to help fuel the fire. It can be quite entertaining.

Good god! With all the free food onboard and bring your own snacks? If you are smuggling water and soda then yes I would have a problem with it. Last time I checked shopping for a good deal isnt against any rules of the cruise line. And if you dont think you end up paying for the cheap idiots then think again. Stealing a towel? Why not, its only one.

no one is making anyone smuggle booze.. so I'm hard pressed to understand why the folks that don't, give a rat's butt about what someone else does?

I would much rather be rooming next to a guy that brought a couple of 8oz rum runners vs the idiot guys who show up first and are too sh!tfaced to attend the muster drill.

Good god! With all the free food onboard and bring your own snacks? If you are smuggling water and soda then yes I would have a problem with it. Last time I checked shopping for a good deal isnt against any rules of the cruise line. And if you dont think you end up paying for the cheap idiots then think again. Stealing a towel? Why not, its only one.

who the hell would want to steal a towel? if your towels at home are worse then the towels on RCI you have a bigger problem.

You are allowed to bring soda and water on I thought. But now you are switching your argument to it being against the rules and just using the cheapskate route to belittle. But you are okay with being cheap, as long as it doesn't break rules.

Guess what, when you get a good deal on a cruise, someone else is paying for it. That cruise line is going to do everything they can to meet their revenue goals, so, if you buy a lower fare, that just means they have to make that up somewhere else. If you don't book excursions through the cruise, they loose some revenue. They take that into account and jack up prices elsewhere to make up for that. So, if you've done either of those, count yourself as one of "the cheap idiots". Welcome aboard!

You are allowed to bring soda and water on I thought. But now you are switching your argument to it being against the rules and just using the cheapskate route to belittle. But you are okay with being cheap, as long as it doesn't break rules.

Guess what, when you get a good deal on a cruise, someone else is paying for it. That cruise line is going to do everything they can to meet their revenue goals, so, if you buy a lower fare, that just means they have to make that up somewhere else. If you don't book excursions through the cruise, they loose some revenue. They take that into account and jack up prices elsewhere to make up for that. So, if you've done either of those, count yourself as one of "the cheap idiots". Welcome aboard!

You lack of knowledge is impressive. Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

So NONE of it is allowed under the rules. Sorry but buying a cruise at any advertised price is NOT against ANY rules. Smuggling booze, soda, or any beverages other then the stated 2 bottles of wine per cabin is against the rules. Justify it however you want but it boils down to being a cheapskate because you dont want to buy RCI booze.

You lack of knowledge is impressive. Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

So NONE of it is allowed under the rules. Sorry but buying a cruise at any advertised price is NOT against ANY rules. Smuggling booze, soda, or any beverages other then the stated 2 bottles of wine per cabin is against the rules. Justify it however you want but it boils down to being a cheapskate because you dont want to buy RCI booze.

Way to focus on one sentence, and one in which if you read it as a reasonable adult would realize that I understood I could have been wrong on that one point. That's why I ended that sentence with "I thought" which would imply that I'm not positive on that. But it's great that you focus on that one thing and ignoring the rest. Well done.

It is also apparent that you cannot engage in a civilized discussion and your support for your argument is name calling and degradation. Again, well done. You argument was that smugglers are cheap and when someone challenges that idea, you switch to smugglers are breaking the rules. When challenged on that, you switch back to them being cheap.

Based on the rules that have been posted in this thread, the penalty from the cruise lines for bringing on alcohol is that it might be taken away from them. If the cruise lines themselves considered this a major problem, then the penalty for this offense would be a bit more severe. Instead, they just take it from you and then return it at the end. No big deal.

Edited by lilricky67

Based on the rules that have been posted in this thread, the penalty from the cruise lines for bringing on alcohol is that it might be taken away from them. If the cruise lines themselves considered this a major problem, then the penalty for this offense would be a bit more severe. Instead, they just take it from you and then return it at the end. No big deal.

The penalty can be much more severe. There are provisions that would deny you boarding or you could find yourself being put off in the next port. No refunds. Read the contract you signed and the guest conduct policy (RCI).

Haven't heard of any of the harsher penalties being used but really, the penalty isn't the point. Either you honor a contract, your word, or you don't.

What are your thoughts on sneaking alcohol on board cruises? I've never done it and never would but there are some that do it and get away with it. There are people that even have YouTube videos that show you how to do it. I think that's hilarious yet sad at the same time. Whatever your opinion is, I'd like to hear it.

For me it would be a waste of time and a waste of space in my luggage.

The penalty can be much more severe. There are provisions that would deny you boarding or you could find yourself being put off in the next port. No refunds. Read the contract you signed and the guest conduct policy (RCI).

Haven't heard of any of the harsher penalties being used but really, the penalty isn't the point. Either you honor a contract, your word, or you don't.

I still think we are making a bigger deal of it on this board than the cruise lines themselves make of it. In general, if people want to smuggle it, I have no control over it and am not going to bother worrying about it. They are aware that it's against the policies, hence they smuggle it. That being said, they should not be surprised or complain if they suffer the penalties.

I personally don't smuggle, one because I don't drink that much, but secondly because I don't want to have to worry about it. Not worth it to me. I like to be above board (pardon the pun) with things like that and just enjoy my cruise. If others want to risk it, that's up to them and I won't begrudge or belittle them for it.

no one is making anyone smuggle booze.. so I'm hard pressed to understand why the folks that don't, give a rat's butt about what someone else does?

I would much rather be rooming next to a guy that brought a couple of 8oz rum runners vs the idiot guys who show up first and are too sh!tfaced to attend the muster drill.

That's a biased statement. I bought the premium package but I wasn't drunker then anybody else on the ship. Who's to say the people who bring rum runners aren't drunker than others who don't? My issue is money is being taken away from the bartenders. People come up with lame excuses like I want to drink on my balcony, I don't wanna walk etc but it's just being cheap and lazy. If Royal kicked people off the ship that smuggled I would love it!!

Mmm...you can bring wine water or soft drinks on Carnival but the amounts are set. Different cruise lines have different rules.

My question is addressed to those who say they don't break any rules, which was brought up on this thread and deals with the topic of this thread. It wasn't just a random question with no ultimate purpose.

I did not notice any poster on this thread saying that they never broke any traffic rules - which were the type of rules to which you referred in trying to deflect attention from the topic -- which was, and remains - cruise lines' rules concerning smuggling booze.

Such transparent attempt at relativity is only slightly less immature than the claims of those who state that they only smuggle because the only brand/blend they can tolerate is not carried by their line of choice. (As if such a delicate palate would be satisfied with the effect the plastic of their rum runner would have on the bouquet of their cherished Old Whatever .)

That's a biased statement. I bought the premium package but I wasn't drunker then anybody else on the ship. Who's to say the people who bring rum runners aren't drunker than others who don't? My issue is money is being taken away from the bartenders. People come up with lame excuses like I want to drink on my balcony, I don't wanna walk etc but it's just being cheap and lazy. If Royal kicked people off the ship that smuggled I would love it!!

unless they are taking the rum rummers on in a wheel barrel most people could drink the same amount of booze in less then one day with one of the packages.

RCI isn't going to kick anyone off the ship.. they know for a fact that folks who bring rum runners still spend money all over the ship including the bars. RCI won't kick 'money' off the ship. I rarely drink on the balcony it's kind of boring I usually head up and smoke and drink my Bookers with the guys around the pool. The bartenders are getting their extra tips from the big tippers looking for the long pours. Is tipping heavy at the beginning of the cruise so your preferred bartender is always pouring you a double stealing from the honest bartenders and RCI?

I wasn't calling you out I was referring to the 'muster drill' thread where a group of guy say the are so hammered before the cruise leaves port they can't make it to the drill. I'll venture to guess the guy posting in the thread drank more before the cruise left the port then what any one person hauled on in rum runners.

Edited by Sherlock43031

I did not notice any poster on this thread saying that they never broke any traffic rules - which were the type of rules to which you referred in trying to deflect attention from the topic -- which was, and remains - cruise lines' rules concerning smuggling booze.

Such transparent attempt at relativity is only slightly less immature than the claims of those who state that they only smuggle because the only brand/blend they can tolerate is not carried by their line of choice. (As if such a delicate palate would be satisfied with the effect the plastic of their rum runner would have on the bouquet of their cherished Old Whatever .)

You may be more comfortable if you remove that carrot.;)

From this thread I gather that those opposed to smuggling think smugglers and "those who show up first and are too sh!tfaced to attend the muster drill" are one and the same.

-out in the open on the freeway I always drive a min 8mph over the speed limit

-I always smuggle a bottle of coke into the movie theater, not paying more for a fountain drink then the movie ticket. wife always take 99cent jr mints instead of paying $5 for the exact same box in the movie.

-I even shop for the best deal on cruise fares and don't think I'm screwing the cruise lines when I buy at a good price and then ask for a credit if I catch the price lower.