menus when i board the ship?

CruisingTheWaves

hey all, sailing equinox in march and i haven't successfully found menus for the 10 night cruise. this is our first longer than 7 nights so i am interested to see what else they will have.

also, it's going to dictate what night i choose to have specialty restaurant dinners. does anyone know if celebrity would supply me with the menus from each night when i board the ship so it can help me make a decision? this last cruise i think we went to specialty restaurants on some "good" menu nights, or rather nights where there was more on there i liked, and i want to make sure i don't make that mistake again.

anyone know? TIA :)

Yes, they will show you the menus. In fact, if you are nice, they will let you in to the kitchen where they have pictures and menus posted on a wall. But you have to be nice...:)

We usually dine in Blu. There is one night where we have not found much to like for us. So we use the same tactic and eat in a Specialty Restaurant that night.

Yes, they will show you the menus. In fact, if you are nice, they will let you in to the kitchen where they have pictures and menus posted on a wall. But you have to be nice...:)

We usually dine in Blu. There is one night where we have not found much to like for us. So we use the same tactic and eat in a Specialty Restaurant that night.

great, thanks. so if i go to the MDR on the first day to check on my table (always one of the first things i do) they will let me see the menus? i plan to take a quick pic of each so that i can be on my way to do some other things on board and make my decision from the pictures within the first day.

Are you being serious? Who is "they"? I would love to be able to see all the menus for the week, so I can plan my specialty dining days. It would certainly be easy e nought for Celebrity to post them on the TV. I always thought that they had some flexibility as to what is offered on what day.

Reviewing most or all of the menus upon or soon after boarding sounds great in theory and would be helpful for dinner planning. In practice, I pity the poor MDR staff, as the number of requests for this information could number in not dozens but hundreds. The MDR staff already has a lot on their plates (pun semi intended). Agreed that onboard TV or some other electronic availability would do the trick but don't think X would see that as a priority.

while the menus are fixed, the order of the menus is not so the night 2 menu on one cruise may be the night 3 menu on another.

I've never asked to see all the menus at the start of a cruise...but in the interest of spreading out specialty restaurant bookings, I'd be surprised if they actually showed them to you. They are posted each morning in front of the restaurants (MDR/BLU) and you can ask the night before as well since that's the way they handle special diet needs.

i'm pretty sure i asked for this information in the past and it was shown to me, but it was so long ago i can't say for sure. this last cruise i felt pretty unprepared as far was which nights i wanted to do what. i kind of just went along as the cruise went on, except for our beach selections, etc. i'm a planner so it felt unnatural and annoying to me. i am pretty sure the menu order is decided at the beginning of the cruise. i'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

For any recent Equinox cruisers that have had Blu as their dining room--is there escargot available in Blu on the menu. Just trying not to get my hopes up! Or I guess we will have to dine in the MDR one night.

i just came off the silhouette and it was available in the MDR. can't speak for BLU.

For any recent Equinox cruisers that have had Blu as their dining room--is there escargot available in Blu on the menu. Just trying not to get my hopes up! Or I guess we will have to dine in the MDR one night.

I believe you can order it...but I did not see it on the menu.

We were on the Equinox in the spring and booked the first Tuesday and the night before the last formal night. I believe we picked the right nights to skip the two dinners in Blu.

Edited by 20pluscruises

On a tour, we were told that all 7 day cruises have the same menus across the entire fleet. Same for 10 day cruises. In the galley, there are photos of all the meals that will be served by day. We enjoyed the tour.

We tend to enjoy walking down to the dining room each afternoon to see what is in store for us that evening. Gives us something to look forward to.

On a tour, we were told that all 7 day cruises have the same menus across the entire fleet. Same for 10 day cruises. In the galley, there are photos of all the meals that will be served by day. We enjoyed the tour.

We tend to enjoy walking down to the dining room each afternoon to see what is in store for us that evening. Gives us something to look forward to.

The menus are the same but the order can and does change.

If you let your Blu server know what you want from another restaurant they will do their best to get it for you. For example, I once craved eggs benedict and they don't serve heavy sauces like that in Blu. The next morning, the server showed up with my eggs benedict! Ask and you shall receive! (within reason of course!) :rolleyes:

If you let your Blu server know what you want from another restaurant they will do their best to get it for you. For example, I once craved eggs benedict and they don't serve heavy sauces like that in Blu. The next morning, the server showed up with my eggs benedict! Ask and you shall receive! (within reason of course!) :rolleyes:

this has been my general experience on celebrity but this last cruise the bar server at our table just did NOT like me after i asked her to fix a white chocolate mocha for me when she mistakenly brought me a chocolate mocha. she gave me the COLD SHOULDER after that and refused to bring a martini from the martini bar (to the MDR) after she had done it once before earlier in the cruise. i did not like her attitude towards me and her name went straight onto the comment card and mailed to the corporate office. in 10 celebrity cruises, the only time i ever had a server be rude to me and refuse to bring something.

We just returned from Equinox and ate in Blu 2 nights. There was no escargot on the menu those days.

Mary Lou