"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

I have not met Lisa in person, but I can tell she is full of fun and adventure. She is even doing me a favor, as I am on the 1/13/14 cruise with her doing a B2B on the Legend. Lisa went out and got one of my favorite wines (Chateau Ste Michelle Cab), and even with all the exercise things she is hauling, she is bringing me three bottles. We are having drinks and a little food with Lisa and Walt on Sunday night and of course I will be buying them a beer. When flying to FLL it is almost impossible to bring three bottles on the plane.

I am also happy 8 of us are getting together to eat at Chops the first night. That is all we have planned with Lisa and Walt, but I am sure we will see them around the ship often. I think Lisa got me more excited about the cruise. H

I am on board with your live review - we will be on Legend doing the panama canal in November and want to hear all about the ship, the food and available activities. I am thinking 15 days on a small ship that we may not enjoy it as much unless they have quite a few activities on sea days. Hoping you have a great time - also interested in the islands you visit we are doing S. carib in March on a different ship (Jewel). :D

Looking forward to following along - we'll be on a TA on Legend in April!! Can't wait.

Really looking forward to what you have to say about the gym!

Also, I would love to know if Cafe-Latitudes as Tazo Chai Tea Lattes! (Silly I know, but I love these)!

Thanks and have a great trip!

Edited by wowprincess

I am on board with your live review - we will be on Legend doing the panama canal in November and want to hear all about the ship, the food and available activities.(Jewel). :D

Britty: we are on the Legend with Lisa but since you are doing Panama Canal I highly recommend that you check out this review (Url in a momrent). The guy (Rich) did the Canal in November and his wife joined him in FLL for the So Carib. He put together a great 46 minute Youtube with great soundtrack. Really gave me the feeling. I ended up contacing him (we seem to have similar interests) and give me a good feeling for the ship. Here is link to his November review with the URL for the You Tube.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=247614

Okay, all packed - 48.6 pounds (that the suitcase, not me :D) Will make dinner soon then off to bed and to Airport at 6am

Steve

Walt and I arrived at the Bahia Mar by Double Tree at 2:30 this afternoon. We were able to check in early and are on the 2nd floor of the squatty building. We have an awesome marina view and a balcony. We are happy with our room since we used point for it. Here is our room...

P1110002_zps0cbec945.jpg

P1110001_zps1d3c0abc.jpgP1110004_zpsdd3d4b5e.jpg

After my workout, yes I hit the hotel gym, we went to the Sangria Cafe on the A1A for a couple of beers and a shrimp cocktail

012014Legend_zpse1952aab.jpg

Then it was off to dinner at Coconut, which was recommended by Jared at the front desk. Coconut was awesome and we highly recommend the Jambalaya and Fish Tacos. The Scoobies were a great appetizer too.

The plan for tomorrow is the water taxi, watch sail away, and then dinner with our absolutely fantastic roll call group.

Lisa and the Wonderful Walt

Britty: we are on the Legend with Lisa but since you are doing Panama Canal I highly recommend that you check out this review (Url in a momrent). The guy (Rich) did the Canal in November and his wife joined him in FLL for the So Carib. He put together a great 46 minute Youtube with great soundtrack. Really gave me the feeling. I ended up contacing him (we seem to have similar interests) and give me a good feeling for the ship. Here is link to his November review with the URL for the You Tube.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=247614

Okay, all packed - 48.6 pounds (that the suitcase, not me :D) Will make dinner soon then off to bed and to Airport at 6am

Steve

Thanks Steve, I was reading this review as it was happening, great review of the Canal. I ask about the Legend, our friends just recently got off the Xmas/New Year cruise and was very disappointed. Said they just didn't have it altogether, food not good, her DH got sick three times. It wasn't noro because it went away quickly and then again it happened, after dinner ????

Disappointed in the decorations and activities - said they would not cruise on Legend again. Said they never saw the Captain, he didn't bother to come to any of the activities, nor did he do any announcements. Entertainment not up to par. All in all not a good cruise for them. We on the other hand are expecting to have a great canal cruise. :D

Thanks Steve, I was reading this review as it was happening, great review of the Canal. I ask about the Legend, our friends just recently got off the Xmas/New Year cruise and was very disappointed. Said they just didn't have it altogether, food not good, her DH got sick three times. :D

Sorry to go a bit off topic but this is the last task at the PC before I shut down for 2 week. Britty: I thionk there has been a consensus about the Legend (and i heard similar about the same size Vision last year) These are small. ships and should provide the basics. I'm rollingh with the punches. If food not as great there are other dining options. With 1800 passengers they won't spend a lot on entertainers. I think Rich had the right attitude and recommend that folks watch his video. Some surprises there.

Ironically I was looking for a couple who were on our Empress Cruise in 2007 - since Keith the Legend's CD was our CD then. I looked for her most recent post and found out she is on the Legend 2/14 sailing - both legs! Is this a small world or what.:eek: We just sent private emails to each other and will hook up in Philly (they live 30 minutes away) after THEIR cruise.

Well I gett get to bed - 5am wake up for flight. Lisa see you Monday I'll have my Beads on!

Steve

Well the way I see it, it is Lisa's LIVE review, and I am sure she will point out a problem, but knowing her she would not dwell on it. Half full or half empty. All I know, hold onto your hats. I will not get to see it until 2/4/14 when I get back. It should be fun. H

Edited by tallcva3344

Lisa, I would like to know the menu order on this cruise. I would like to decide what nights to eat in a specialty restaurant. Do they repeat any of the night menus on the 11 night cruise or are they all different? I would also like to know if there is a electrical outlet behind the bed. Thanks for doing the live thread.

Wendy

Lisa, I would like to know the menu order on this cruise. I would like to decide what nights to eat in a specialty restaurant. Do they repeat any of the night menus on the 11 night cruise or are they all different? I would also like to know if there is a electrical outlet behind the bed. Thanks for doing the live thread.

Wendy

No electrical outlet behind or near the bed. Only near the desk.

Walt and I arrived at the Bahia Mar by Double Tree at 2:30 this afternoon. We were able to check in early and are on the 2nd floor of the squatty building. We have an awesome marina view and a balcony. We are happy with our room since we used point for it. Here is our room...

Then it was off to dinner at Coconut, which was recommended by Jared at the front desk. Coconut was awesome and we highly recommend the Jambalaya and Fish Tacos. The Scoobies were a great appetizer too.

The plan for tomorrow is the water taxi, watch sail away, and then dinner with our absolutely fantastic roll call group.

Lisa and the Wonderful Walt

Lisa, a friend and I stayed at the Bahia Mar precruise and we were in the squatty building on the third floor facing the marina. We could actually see our ship in the far distance. My friend is a scuba diver and there's a dive shop on the premises that she goes out with so we got a good room rate. Too bad you couldn't have met up with Marie since she is just up the road from you.

Are you taking the water taxi as sort of a tour? We went at night and it was beautiful seeing all the houses lit up, plus it was Christmas which made it even more beautiful. There was a young man on board who offered a running commentary about the houses and other interesting facts all along the way.

We ate outdoors at the Bahia Cabanna Waterfront Restaurant. It's right near where you get the water taxi. Supposedly, it was a hangout of Nick Nolte's, not that it means anything. Food was good.

Edited by iheartbda

Thank you so very much for your Live Enjoyable, Interesting, Informative, Humorous, and Entertaining Photo review. Don't forget to update your cruise thread links. Looking forward to more... :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Hey Lisa and Walt. You guys look fabulous.Love the blonde hair and that beard is hot! ;) We'll be watching from the wings as you cruise the SoCaribe on the beautiful Legend. Bon Voyage......smooth seas......sunny skies.

Kevin and Walt

Nice to see your room at the Bahia Mar as we will be there 3 weeks from today. Any other info would be great. Thanks for doing this.

We have stayed here once before and were in the tower through a free upgrade. This time we were upgraded to a balcony room in the shorter building. If you are staying in the shorter building, then you want the marina view. The garden view is essentially of the parking lot. In the tower you can see the marina and a partial view or the ocean from the north and south sides. The south side you can see the ships sailing away if you are on a higher floor.

Lisa

Hey Lisa and Walt. You guys look fabulous.Love the blonde hair and that beard is hot! ;) We'll be watching from the wings as you cruise the SoCaribe on the beautiful Legend. Bon Voyage......smooth seas......sunny skies.

Kevin and Walt

Awe, thanks Kevin and Walt. I will be waving at y'all from Deck 10. :D

Lisa

Good Morning from beautiful, sunny, and, most importantly, warm Florida! On the topic of menus and activities, here is what I will do. I will take pictures of the menus and collect the the dailies(or whatever Royal calls them). When we get home I will scan everything and upload it. That way I will not forget to include anything after having one too many Foster's. :eek:

I have to say that we are really giddy this morning in anticipation of sailaway tomorrow!

Off to breakfast...

Lisa and Walt