"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

Lisa: Look at you with another balcony! :D

Upgrades working in your favor! You will not ever give them up now. I think this is all good things pointing to a great cruise. :)

Whats next in your future, dinner with the captain???? :rolleyes:

Take pictures of the sail away, will be watching it on the webcam.

Thanks for the post, BalconyTexan :cool:

Upgrades working in your favor! You will not ever give them up now. I think this is all good things pointing to a great cruise. :)

Whats next in your future, dinner with the captain???? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post, BalconyTexan :cool:

Dinner with the Captain? Bwahahahaha. I don't know if the captain could handle all of the selfies I would do at the table with everyone. :eek:

I am really looking forward to this cruise since 5 of the 6 islands are new to us.

Lisa and her sidekick, Walt

We plan to watch Sailaway on the Webcam, too. Did you all reserve a "Webcam Wave" and, if so, will you have a banner and where will you be? In a previous post you mentioned Deck 10--forward, midship, aft?

I'm half-giddy for you, simply by reading your live posts. We'll be on Legend in March and have a balcony on 7, too, although on the aft. So, I'm half-giddy for me, also.

Have a great day in Ft Lauderdale and a wonderful Sail!

Does anyone know the planned sailaway time? I may cut out of work early and head over to the beach for some pictures if possible. It's been almost 2 whole months since I've had my FLL beach sailaway fix.

Website says 4:30pm.

We plan to watch Sailaway on the Webcam, too. Did you all reserve a "Webcam Wave" and, if so, will you have a banner and where will you be? In a previous post you mentioned Deck 10--forward, midship, aft?

I'm half-giddy for you, simply by reading your live posts. We'll be on Legend in March and have a balcony on 7, too, although on the aft. So, I'm half-giddy for me, also.

Have a great day in Ft Lauderdale and a wonderful Sail!

We will be on the same sailing in March. Yeah!!!!

I have also subscribed to this thread. I want to know what this ship is like. We were going to cancel after reading some of the negatives but decided to find out for ourselves if this ship has the WOW.

We requested a wave for Deck 10 forward. Basically above the forward pool bar area. I wanted easy access to a sail away beer. No banner was made unfortunately.

We are to set sail at 4:30, but I will update if we are delayed.

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the "Live" review, we are sailing in November, but, we are also concerned about all the negative reviews. We are hoping you will be able to shed some positive light on the ship. I am looking for reviews on dining, entertainment, and the overall vibe of the ship. Keep up the good work!;)

We requested a wave for Deck 10 forward. Basically above the forward pool bar area. I wanted easy access to a sail away beer. No banner was made unfortunately.

We are to set sail at 4:30, but I will update if we are delayed.

Lisa

On the plane in Atlanta. Be there around 5:00. See you at Bimini Boatyard around 6:30pm. See you there! H

Good Morning from beautiful, sunny, and, most importantly, warm Florida! On the topic of menus and activities, here is what I will do. I will take pictures of the menus and collect the the dailies(or whatever Royal calls them). When we get home I will scan everything and upload it. That way I will not forget to include anything after having one too many Foster's. :eek:

I have to say that we are really giddy this morning in anticipation of sailaway tomorrow!

Off to breakfast...

Lisa and Walt

Good luck getting any sleep tonight. :p

We will be on the same sailing in March. Yeah!!!!

I have also subscribed to this thread. I want to know what this ship is like. We were going to cancel after reading some of the negatives but decided to find out for ourselves if this ship has the WOW.

judyblu: We will get another look at Legend thru another's view. On page 4 of this review you will find a comment by PCWalton. He did a great review of the panama canal on the legend in November. It was a fair review and IMO a cruise can be anything you make it. Legend was the first ship we cruised on out of San Diego.

Lisa: We are all looking forward to your live review. Thanks for taking us along. Bon Voyage !!!!!! :D

We had a great day so far exploring Fort Lauderdale. If you have never done the water taxi, I highly recommend you give it a shot. At $22pp ($18pp 65+) it is a great deal. They narrate between stops and tell you about the homes and their owners.

P1120010_zpseea29882.jpg

P1120040_zpscde6fe89.jpg

We went downtown to Briny's Irish Pub for lunch and the food was quite tasty and not expensive. I had a great Mediterranean Salad with Blackened Red Snapper. The pub is next to the pink draw bridge, so we were entertained watching it go up and down.

Token Food Picture...

P1120031_zps5817a701.jpg

P1120030_zpsf7e80475.jpg

And for all of my friends over on the fashion board, here is today's outfit. That is the 50 cent macrame purse I bought at a church rummage sale and dyed blue a few months back.

P1120032_zps0fdb8d87.jpg

Time to watch Sunday's sail aways from our balcony...Walt is napping.

Lisa

judyblu: We will get another look at Legend thru another's view. On page 4 of this review you will find a comment by PCWalton. He did a great review of the panama canal on the legend in November. It was a fair review and IMO a cruise can be anything you make it. Legend was the first ship we cruised on out of San Diego.

Lisa: We are all looking forward to your live review. Thanks for taking us along. Bon Voyage !!!!!! :D

Thanks. I did watch the video. The reason we are booked on the March Legend is to see for ourselves the ship. We have this booked as our 30 day Panama Canal trip in late March 2015 from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego and back to Ft. Lauderdale.

Lisa: Can you tell us a little more about the water taxi in FLL - can you get on and just go for a ride to see everything from the water, does it go to specific places and you are expected to get off, or is like a hop on hop off water taxi, sounds interesting. Thanks. :D

Lisa: Can you tell us a little more about the water taxi in FLL - can you get on and just go for a ride to see everything from the water, does it go to specific places and you are expected to get off, or is like a hop on hop off water taxi, sounds interesting. Thanks. :D

The water taxi is hop on hop off or you can just stay on it. The $22 is all day and night. They run it until 11pm at night on the weekends. If we want, we could just hop back on it this evening. If you want to do a round trip it is 2 hours. You can also get off at the Hilton Marina and take the Hollywood water taxi down there for no additional charge. It is 45 minutes to Hollywood, so if you stay on it then it's 1.5 hours round trip.

Their website lists the schedule as well as the stops. http://www.watertaxi.com

Lisa

Thanks for taking us along! Your looking great and love the blonde hair. I'll be watching for pictures of all your lovely dresses!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Thanks! You know I will be posting the nightly dress pictures. I figure I will make the Royal peeps happy with my review and the fashionistas happy with pic's of the outfits. 11 nights and 11 dresses...plus a ton of luggage. :eek:

Lisa and her Sherpa

Always check Groupon or Living Social for Fort Lauderdale water taxi deals.

The fun part of the water taxi is while going up and down the intercostal the guide will tell you about who owns or owned the beautiful waterfront homes. Many were used in movies or owned by celebrities.

Thanks! You know I will be posting the nightly dress pictures. I figure I will make the Royal peeps happy with my review and the fashionistas happy with pic's of the outfits. 11 nights and 11 dresses...plus a ton of luggage. :eek:

Lisa and her Sherpa

Joyce and I are waiting for you. We got there at 6:15pm. Waitress said you left a little after 6:00pm. What time are you checking in tomorrow. Call me at . Harry.? P.S. we are still at the bar. $3.50 8 oz glasses of wine. Harry and

Edited by tallcva3344