Upsides to Majesty?

Hi all,

We are hoping to do a quick 3 night bahamas cruise on 3/14 either on Majesty or Enchantment. I know that Enchantment is generally higher rated, but the price is a bit high and Majesty tends to be lower. Most posts I have seen about choosing one of these tend to lean towards Enchantment. That said, are there any upsides to choosing Majesty over Enchantment? Thanks for any advice.

Hi all,

We are hoping to do a quick 3 night bahamas cruise on 3/14 either on Majesty or Enchantment. I know that Enchantment is generally higher rated, but the price is a bit high and Majesty tends to be lower. Most posts I have seen about choosing one of these tend to lean towards Enchantment. That said, are there any upsides to choosing Majesty over Enchantment? Thanks for any advice.

I'm going to say the current OBC offer for $50 for Cruise Miami Month?

It also has a Johnny Rockets which Enchantment does not.

Hi all,

Majesty has Compass Deli and Johnny Rockets, neither of which are on Enchantment.

Hi all,

DH and I have been on both ships. Majesty is a smaller ship, and her cabins are a little smaller; what she may lack, her crew makes up for in 'delivering' a great experience for the cruiser. Even when we have had to have an unplanned for 'at sea' day, due to the weather and our inability to get to CocoCay, the crew made sure to pack the day with activities to keep everyone having a GOOD time.

We have cruised on Majesty 10 times, and each time, we have had wonderful fun. Majesty has a Compass Deli, which is a delightful place to have lunch away from the crowds of WJ or the formality of the MDR. We enjoy it a lot.

Johnny Rockets, has no interest to me. I am not a fan of its food (that's just me personally).

You cannot go wrong on either ship. Yes, they are both considered smaller ships, at least by today's standards, but they will both deliver a wonderful, relaxing, perhaps more traditional cruising experience. I'd be happy on either of them--wait, I have been!:D

Also, another consideration, would you be happier cruising out of Miami or Port Canaveral? That could ultimately be your deciding factor.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is music. IF you like Latin music, I think it's a lot better on the Majesty than Enchantment. We met the Dj on the Enchantment a few times, and he does a good job.

But the party in Boleros on the Majesty is a blast. Way more people, way more people dancing.

Again, that is IF you like Latin music a lot, and specifically prefer it live.

• 2 weeks later...
Checking out and comparing the itineraries, I noticed Majesty get's more daylight hours in Nassau, that's an upside for us as we are hoping to do a day at Sandals. . .

We have been on Her Majesty 10 times and Enchantment once.....both wonderful cruises. Love the Compass Deli on Majesty.....they both offer short cruise get aways to the Bahamas (so not much different)....if you have to fly to get on the ship, perhaps the decision will be made by which city have better flight times, Miami or Port Canaveral.

We don't even get off the ship in Nassau....been there, and seen it. The ship is great for the 'get-away' weekend it provides....we love it!

My only potential positive for Majesty is leaving from Miami is gorgeous. We love Miami.

Otherwise, I can't imagine going on Majesty with Enchantment being an option. The rooms and tiny on Majesty and the Enchantment is a far superior ship!

My only potential positive for Majesty is leaving from Miami is gorgeous. We love Miami.

Otherwise, I can't imagine going on Majesty with Enchantment being an option. The rooms and tiny on Majesty and the Enchantment is a far superior ship!

I totally get where you are coming from here. Enchantment does seem to be bigger and offer more. However, right now the price difference would be over $100 per person more. That is a lot on a 3 night cruise.

• 2 months later...

I've been on the Enchantment once and coming up to 6 times on the Majesty . . . plus all the other classes. To me, the only real advantage on the Enchantment is the "stretched" pool area which is very nice. Aside from that, getting from Orlando (MCO) or Sanford to Port Canaveral is a pain. We couldn't get flights into Sanford early enough to make it to the ship in time so had to rent a car and stay one night in Cocoa Beach and park close to the port for the return trip to the airport. We would never do the Enchantment again because of that.

Majesty does have smaller cabins but for 3 or 4 nights it is fine for us. We only take carry-ons so space is not an issue. We LOVE the Compass Deli for their crepes, paninis and a light lunch. The Boleros lounge is huge compared to other ships. It is always hopping and a lot of fun. The crew, as others have said, are wonderful.

• 1 month later...

Overall, I think we liked Majesty a good bit more than Enchantment. However, since the Solarium and Park Cafe were two of our favorite venues on Enchantment, we would miss that on Majesty. On the other hand, Majesty has Johnny Rockets and the nice two-story Windjammer, neither of which Enchantment has.

So if I was trying to decide between the two, I'd consider the price of the cruise and the cost and ease of getting to the ship (quick and easy from MIA, longer and more expensive from MCO). But once you're onboard, you'll have a great time regardless.