20/20 tonight on ABC

swom

Looks like 20/20 on ABC is about to do a special on cruise ships and people going overboard...

It just came on here. I'm in EST.

I'm sure it will be very one sided, but might be interesting.

Thanks for the heads-up - I will try to watch.

Blue Bloods is on CBS. Think I'll watch that.

The lady who went overboard from the Carnival ship is lucky to be alive, to be walking and talking. I saw the tape three times. That was more than enough for me. :eek:

My husband and I were talking about it...she had to be sitting on the rail to fall overboard... The rails are just too high and she did admit to drinking........a lot!!! Yet she is suing Carnival for "allowing" her to drink too much. REALLY???

When are people going to take accountability for their own actions. Makes me sick when people think everything is somebody else's fault. If the woman can win the law suit for hot coffee at McDonalds no doubt this one will win too.

And was there a lawsuit?? ;):rolleyes:

No, there was no lawsuit.

It was a very sad circumstance of a soldier returned from deployment who did not receive the mental health care he needed.

No lawsuit. Perhaps in this instance there should be but I won't go there.

I watched the programme, and was appalled that she is claiming the bar staff made her over-indulge. At what point do we take responsibility for ourselves? And of course, there was the lawyer, egging her on.

You have to be careful about those bartenders that hold a gun to your head and tell you "drink this". :eek:

I recently watched a very interesting news story about the infamous McDonald's coffee case that really changed my perspective. It is very much worth watching to get a more complete perspective on the case which in some way become the symbol of an era of abusive litigation. I highly recommend taking 12 minutes to watch it, it is thought provoking.

As for the Carnival drinking woman case , absurd. I am tired of drunk people not taking responsibilty for their actions.

My husband and I were talking about it...she had to be sitting on the rail to fall overboard... The rails are just too high and she did admit to drinking........a lot!!! Yet she is suing Carnival for "allowing" her to drink too much. REALLY???

I guess she is taking the same approach as suing a bar for serving you too much alcohol. The ultimate goal, of course, is to settle out of court. And it most likely well.