No Round Trip Hawaii Cruises?

Truffle

Why is Celebrity no longer doing the round trip Hawaii cruises out of San Diego? We loved that cruise due to the higher number of at sea days and not having the hassle of one-way air from Hawaii. We've done the one-way, stayed a few days in Hawaii at the end of the cruise, but much prefer having time on the ship on the way home!

Does anyone forsee Celebrity bringing back this itinerary?

The only rough seas we experienced were on the way TO Hawaii, both on the one-way and on the round trip. We never experienced rough seas on they way back, perhaps because they took a more southerly route to make the required stop in Ensenada. The rough seas lasted hours, not for the entire time on the Pacific Ocean, so I don't see this as being a possible reason to scrap the round trip itinerary. We have been on many other cruises where we encountered much rougher stretches!

I heard that they weren't popular because of rough waters in the Pacific

While we have been to Hawaii a number of times, we have done only one RT San Diego to Hawaii cruise. I have no idea how popular these cruises were in general, but our Century cruise was essentially sold out, and the crossing, both over and back, was incredibly smooth.

Given the "best kept secret" that Century seems be leaving the Celebrity fleet, I also hope that this itinerary is offered on another Celebrity ship.

Why is Celebrity no longer doing the round trip Hawaii cruises out of San Diego? We loved that cruise due to the higher number of at sea days and not having the hassle of one-way air from Hawaii. We've done the one-way, stayed a few days in Hawaii at the end of the cruise, but much prefer having time on the ship on the way home!

Does anyone forsee Celebrity bringing back this itinerary?

We were on the round-trip from San Diego last February. The seas were not rough but on the 5 days at sea each way the weather was too cool/windy to use the pool (except for maybe a few brave people on a couple of days). The Century did not have an indoor pool so we really missed out on that part of the cruise. If they put an M-class ship on that itinerary it would be perfect.

It looks like Princess is the only line doing the roundtrip now. We've done these a couple of times -- once LA RT and once SF RT -- both of which were in very rough seas there and back. They ended up lowering the price to fill the ships.

I do love those sea days, though....better than a 5 hour flight any day!

Maybe Celebrity will get the Infinity back over on this side and start up the roundtrips again!

What we disliked most about the round trip cruises was that they were essentially just long cruises out at sea.

They stopped at a few islands in the middle of the cruise before turning around and heading right back out to sea again.

While we enjoy sea days, when we go to Hawaii, we want to experience a real Hawaii vacation. We want at least 4 days just on Kauai.

It would be nice if we could tell the captain to keep the ship there and not start back until we are ready go back.

But unfortunately for us, that would require a private yacht.

So we, who are not in the Bill Gates or Oprah income category, have done the next best thing, booking one-way Hawaii cruises, but it looks like they are cutting back on those as well.

I see the Princess RT 15Ners for as low as $999, which means they are not selling.I never found anyone who wanted to go. So I am on 9/23/14 Solstice which has best(most), ports and one way air required

This is a good price if you want to sail with Princess. I have noticed that the price for one way Solstice to or from Honolulu is very high.