Trying to beat the snow tomorrow in Baltimore

I dunno. AA cty has already closed the schools and Ft Meade has issued it's standard warning and we duly expect to be told to stay home. The height of the storm is supposed to be in the middle of debarking and turnover. It may delay everything by hours. Showing up early may result in being stuck altogether

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

What is AA cty?

It would be nice if RCCL would provide some guidance!

Edited by Mystaken

Sitting in the Palladium Theatre right now waiting to disembark. Wish they would let us out of here so we can get on the road.

But in answer to the OP- 10 days ago we arrived at the port at 10:30 and walked right onto the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sitting in the Palladium Theatre right now waiting to disembark. Wish they would let us out of here so we can get on the road.

But in answer to the OP- 10 days ago we arrived at the port at 10:30 and walked right onto the ship.

Safe travels home! Thanks everyne for your advice...we will be leaving here at 9:00, arrive at port at 9:30:D

That's shut the roads down, sorry bout that

You have 20 minutes to edit any post errors. Simply click on the edit button that appears beside the quote button when you post is first added. That button disappears after that 20 minutes edit time period has elapsed.

They are now calling for 8-10 inches in Baltimore starting today and ending tomorrow before day break. I cruised out of Baltimore (& live North of Baltimore) last April. We arrived to the ship around 10:30am. We drove right around to get our luggage tags (problem printing them at home), drop off our luggage, and got dropped off at the security entrance with very little stopping (thanks mom for driving us!). Security had a small line but we moved through quickly. Counter check in had a small line also, a little bit longer wait, but no complaints! Then they lined us up seated in chairs to wait to board the ship. Waited approx 15-20 minutes there. We were on the ship by about 12 noon. Rooms were opened by 1:00. It was awesome to get there early and I would HIGHLY advise it! People arriving after us had lines out the doors. Have an awesome cruise, you are leaving at a perfect time. We are going on the Freedom in April this year and leaving from Port Canaveral....with 12 inches of snow heading toward us our cruise can't come soon enough!

Drive carefully. It is snowing like he!! up here right now.

image-7.jpg

very Pretty, Carol. However please keep it up there...

it just started coming down here about 20 minutes ago assuming everyone got off on time they should be boarding as I type. anyone who is parking I hope they stashed a small shovel in the trunk.....

Drive carefully. It is snowing like he!! up here right now.

I'm so glad that we can share the beauty of the snow with our dear friends on the East Coast!:D

The snow is going to miss us this time as it's coming up the Ohio Valley and heading east. Unfortunately, the winds from the north are sending us some very cold air so we are in the teens with wind chills below zero.

I'm so glad that we can share the beauty of the snow with our dear friends on the East Coast!:D

The snow is going to miss us this time as it's coming up the Ohio Valley and heading east. Unfortunately, the winds from the north are sending us some very cold air so we are in the teens with wind chills below zero.

Sitting here in northern nj and watching the snow just pile up! Lol

I sure hope someone posts pictures of the pool deck with a few inches of snow on it! :eek::D

With the freezing cold temperatures, they have to hope that none of the pallets freeze to the dock. That happen when we sailed on Enchantment on December 27, 2010 when the same type of storm system hit Baltimore.

Pallets of wine for wine packages could not be loaded because they were frozen to the dock and couldn't be moved. Needless to say, there were many unhappy people on board.

With the freezing cold temperatures, they have to hope that none of the pallets freeze to the dock. That happen when we sailed on Enchantment on December 27, 2010 when the same type of storm system hit Baltimore.

Pallets of wine for wine packages could not be loaded because they were frozen to the dock and couldn't be moved. Needless to say, there were many unhappy people on board.

Fortunately it was above freezing over most of the area east of the mountains this morning. Freezing will be an issue later.

It looks like they left ontime. Grandeur is currently past the Key Bridge. They'll probably have a rocky ride later tonight since the low is forming off of the coast and moving out to sea.

Friends of mine are on today's Grandeur sailing. She called me from the ship and told me that the deck hands were outside shoveling the Promenade deck for the mustering:eek: I would have put money on the muster drills being held indoor, but she was told it would be outside. She also said she has icicles on her balcony:cool: The good news is that in a couple of days it will be warm and sunny!