Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Talked to our ta yesterday

She said its a done deal that Quantum is coming to Galveston spring or early summer 15

Put me in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp"...I don't want to get my hopes up. Did she mention when the summer 2015 itineraries would be released?

Then what goes to Bayonne? Liberty?

Did not discuss that

However if you check the website Quantum is currently not showing anything past april 15

This also jives with a post that someone at the port of Galveston said think big really big

Edited by Truckersar

Put me in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp"...I don't want to get my hopes up. Did she mention when the summer 2015 itineraries would be released?

Dining for Quantum and Anthem are suppose to "officially" be announced today so maybe they'll announce dates as well.

I highly doubt that.

Why?

Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana,and New Mexico are some of the most prosperous areas in the US now. With very high income and low cost of living and all within reasonable driving distance of Galveston or a nonstop plane ride to Houston of less than two hours with very reasonable fares.

Why?

Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana,and New Mexico are some of the most prosperous areas in the US now. With very high income and low cost of living and all within reasonable driving distance of Galveston or a nonstop plane ride to Houston of less than two hours with very reasonable fares.

Well for starters, read this...

http://www.******************.com/2014/02/18/royal-caribbean-releases-2015-caribbean-summer-itineraries

Galveston was already promised Liberty. Quantum already has a home port.

Well for starters, read this...

http://www.******************.com/2014/02/18/royal-caribbean-releases-2015-caribbean-summer-itineraries

Galveston was already promised Liberty. Quantum already has a home port.

i have seen nothing from RCI saying Liberty is going to Galveston only speculation on these boards if you want to take that as gosphal then you have a problem .

Ships home ports change almost as frequently as some people's underware so no help there.

The truth is what we are all doing is guessing.

Only RCI knows for sure and they are not telling at this time

Talked to our ta yesterday

She said its a done deal that Quantum is coming to Galveston spring or early summer 15

LOL. It's okay to keep dreaming, perfectly healthy. We dreamt many dreams ourselves up here in the Northeast about various larger and newer ships replacing Explorer over the years.

Keep in mind: while I am not one, there are many TAs who post on Cruise Critic. I'm not criticizing you for merely passing along what you were told by your TA, but you must admit that it's kind of silly in retrospect that your TA would have some special top secret information that none of the other TAs have...

Edited by Dave85

i have seen nothing from RCI saying Liberty is going to Galveston only speculation on these boards if you want to take that as gosphal then you have a problem .

Ships home ports change almost as frequently as some people's underware so no help there.

There have been many reports of Liberty coming to Galveston. Reports from people onboard the Navigator speaking to their crew members & even officers. Others have reported the same info coming from RCCL employees at the Galveston terminal. These are all seperate reports from different sailings.... All consistant.

I am not even sure Galveston NEEDS a ship larger than a Voyager class anyway. Seems Carnival's two ships sail at 100%, while the Navigator doesn't. Maybe once people see RCCL sailing from Galveston year round, more may sail on Royal.

Anyway... I fully believe ALL the reporst that Liberty will be sailing from Galveston spring of 2015....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

Its speculation, but its makes the most since with the verified information that is known right now.

Royal has Oasis 3 and Quantum 3 coming out in mid 2016. Its possible Galveston will get one of those classes in late 2016, it just depends on how well Navigator does this year and Liberty does next year. Its ALSO TBD if Royal will continue to do year round out of Galveston after 2015, as only the first two years of their five year agreement require year round sailings(2014 and 2015).

Edited by wreckem2013

There have been many reports of Liberty coming to Galveston. Reports from people onboard the Navigator speaking to their crew members & even officers. Others have reported the same info coming from RCCL employees at the Galveston terminal. These are all seperate reports from different sailings.... All consistant.

I am not even sure Galveston NEEDS a ship larger than a Voyager class anyway. Seems Carnival's two ships sail at 100%, while the Navigator doesn't. Maybe once people see RCCL sailing from Galveston year round, more may sail on Royal.

Anyway... I fully believe ALL the reporst that Liberty will be sailing from Galveston spring of 2015....

I am pretty sure Royal pushed for terminal upgrades to bring in a bigger ship in-case they end up going back to winter only seasons if the bigger ship doesn't do well all year. A bigger ship would have no problem selling out during the winter season. In any event Royal is feeling out the year round market this year and next. They have big decisions to make in 2016.

Edited by wreckem2013

Did not discuss that

However if you check the website Quantum is currently not showing anything past april 15

This also jives with a post that someone at the port of Galveston said think big really big

RCCL has stated that Quantum will be out of Bayonne and is in discussion with Bermuda authorities due to the scheduling of summer cruises and fall cruises to Bermuda that the explorer did and quantum is following Explorer schedule. Port has still not completed the requirements for the ship as of a few weeks ago.

i have seen nothing from RCI saying Liberty is going to Galveston only speculation on these boards if you want to take that as gosphal then you have a problem . Only RCI knows for sure and they are not telling at this time

100% correct. However, if you go back the entire thread from last year you'll definitely see that the many awesome sleuths and information gatherers here on CC accurately predicted Rhapsody's re-deployment to Europe and Jewel's re-deployment to the west coast before RCL's official announcement. It was fun trying to figure it out

Re: Asia, I just can't see Freedom/Oasis ship in Asia with so much focus on outside top deck activities... especially regarding the many "gambling" charter cruises. The Quantum Class are specifically being built for more inside activities and (maybe) colder weather cruising so I see a Quantum Class in Asia before any Oasis/Freedom goes there.

As recap of what I remember of the months past on this thread, correct me if I'm wrong:

Successful predicted:

Rhapsody, Jewel, Allure in Europe

Wrongly predicted:

Indy to Galveston

Currently waiting to see if our predictions are right:

Liberty to Galveston, Rhapsody to South America, Navigator to San Juan

Biggest ongoing debate seems to be:

Where the hell is Explorer really going???

Other questions asked in the past:

Where is Legend going? (PCanal & 10/11 Carib itineraries taken by Serenade)

Will Vision stay in Tampa? Maybe take over Majesty in 2016?

Have I missed any or is any of the above wrong from what's been discussed on this thread over the months?? Please add :D

I see that South America deployments are expected about the 7th of April. I've been trying to get a little info on what to expect from RCCL on SA sailings? It looks to me like they don't do the 14 day "around the Horn" sailings or am I reading wrong on past reviews? Can anyone help with what Royal has done or may do in SA?

RCCL will probably be doing the 7 days sailing that starts in Santos (close to Sao Paulo - Brazil) , goes to Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Punta del Leste and then back to Santos. They usually have 3 or 4 days sailings close to Santos (Buzios, Ilhabela,..) I don´t believe that they will have any sailings around the Horn. At least for now.

Liberty is going to Galveston. The only large ship that could possibly be going down under is either another Voyager ship (explore is heading to Asia) or Quantum 3 or Oasis 3.

Honk Kong just built / opened a new cruise terminal to handle mega ships like Oasis. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Oasis 3 or Oaisis/Allure end up in Asia / Australia.

RCI also signed an agreement for a 3 ship terminal in Malaysia. It sort of got lost in the media after the Malaysian Air incident.

They had bad luck with their Black Sea deployment as well with all the media centered on Crimea just a week later.

Have I missed any or is any of the above wrong from what's been discussed on this thread over the months?? Please add :D

With the Splendour of the Seas heading to Dubai for winter 2015/2016, the Rhapsody of the Seas is set to take her place on Royal Caribbean International’s seasonal one-ship South America program, according to a source familiar with the line’s deployment.

Both ships are Vision-class vessels, with the Rhapsody being slightly larger and some two years newer, launched in 1997.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10851-royal-caribbean-to-deploy-rhapsody-to-brazil.html

I like how they accredit it to a 'source' familiar with the line's deployment.

I wonder if they mean the CC thread?

Well, they do have a TA open for booking to Brazil from Barcelona, as well. November 19th.

RCI also signed an agreement for a 3 ship terminal in Malaysia. It sort of got lost in the media after the Malaysian Air incident.

They had bad luck with their Black Sea deployment as well with all the media centered on Crimea just a week later.

Really? Did not know that. Well when I was on the majesty last month. The LA did tell me that 3 voyager ships were going to be in Asia (voyager, mariner and explorer )

Still no new cruises for Europe available to book on the RCC website. What is going on?

As stated in a previous post, they might have issues with confirmation of a couple ports and do not want to open a sailing for booking until all port bookings are confirmed.

Explorer appears have been selected for deployment to replace Adventure, similar how Vision was selected to replace the originally planned Legend in Europe.

While there is a possibility that Adventure could remain deployed in Europe along with Explorer, I would doubt that.

With the Splendour of the Seas heading to Dubai for winter 2015/2016, the Rhapsody of the Seas is set to take her place on Royal Caribbean International’s seasonal one-ship South America program, according to a source familiar with the line’s deployment.

Both ships are Vision-class vessels, with the Rhapsody being slightly larger and some two years newer, launched in 1997.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10851-royal-caribbean-to-deploy-rhapsody-to-brazil.html

I like how they accredit it to a 'source' familiar with the line's deployment.

I wonder if they mean the CC thread?

Well, they do have a TA open for booking to Brazil from Barcelona, as well. November 19th.

And is it still understood that the Rhapsody WILL NOT be doing 14 day "Around the Horn" sailings as has been previously discussed?

Edited by clojacks

100% correct. However, if you go back the entire thread from last year you'll definitely see that the many awesome sleuths and information gatherers here on CC accurately predicted Rhapsody's re-deployment to Europe and Jewel's re-deployment to the west coast before RCL's official announcement. It was fun trying to figure it out

Re: Asia, I just can't see Freedom/Oasis ship in Asia with so much focus on outside top deck activities... especially regarding the many "gambling" charter cruises. The Quantum Class are specifically being built for more inside activities and (maybe) colder weather cruising so I see a Quantum Class in Asia before any Oasis/Freedom goes there.

As recap of what I remember of the months past on this thread, correct me if I'm wrong:

Successful predicted:

Rhapsody, Jewel, Allure in Europe

Wrongly predicted:

Indy to Galveston

Biggest ongoing debate seems to be:

Where the hell is Explorer really going???

Other questions asked in the past:

Where is Legend going? (PCanal & 10/11 Carib itineraries taken by Serenade)

Will Vision stay in Tampa? Maybe take over Majesty in 2016?

Rhapsody is going to South America Nov 2015.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?state=&packageCode=RH16T032&hasFireandPolice=&hasMilitary=&hasSenior=&date=201511&cruiseType=CO

No word yet on what she'll do after the trans-equator cruise