Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

There will probably just be one ship since Rhapsody won;t be making the Alaska/Australia runs and more and her replacement for the Alaska season (Jewel) is heading down the west coast after Alaska instead of to Australia. Seems like Radiance will be the only one making the Hawaii runs and her itineraries for the Hawaii leg have been short and sad lately. :(

I noticed that too ... The 9 day for May 2015 wasn't super appealing.

Ideally they will have a 10-12 day cruise. The Sept 2014 hits all 5 ports, so it would be great if they repeated that - or extended it one more day to have an overnight in Maui! Hopefully the schedule gods are listening, haha. :)

It seems that the Radiance is a well liked ship, from what I've been reading in these boards, so that's a plus. It's fun researching a new cruise line!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jenng1976

Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Oranjestad, Aruba; Kralendijk, Bonaire; St. George's, Grenada; Castries, St Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; St. John's, Antigua; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; Basseterre, St Kitts; Roseau, Dominica; St. John's, Antigua; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Both options for Serenade. Might be 10 or 11 nighters

b2b would be best

Yep! That's exactly what we're looking at! Just not sure which to start with... The 11 day or the 10 day! Decisions, decisions.... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was waiting on the San Juan sailings to come out, but when the Serenade sailings went up last night, I couldn't resist. Booked the 11 nighter in Jan 2016. At least this way I don't have to fly.

I use an online cruise site to book my cruises. I wonder if I can just call the agent that I worked with there (she gave me her cell phone number) and ask her to be on the lookout for the itinerary I'm interested in. Is that what those of you who use TAs are doing? Would she be able to book an aft balcony for me or are those only available to book through RCI?

I use an online cruise site to book my cruises. I wonder if I can just call the agent that I worked with there (she gave me her cell phone number) and ask her to be on the lookout for the itinerary I'm interested in. Is that what those of you who use TAs are doing? Would she be able to book an aft balcony for me or are those only available to book through RCI?

you can book an aft balcony on any outlet as long as they're available.

Ideally they will have a 10-12 day cruise. The Sept 2014 hits all 5 ports, so it would be great if they repeated that - or extended it one more day to have an overnight in Maui! Hopefully the schedule gods are listening, haha. :)

It seems that the Radiance is a well liked ship, from what I've been reading in these boards, so that's a plus. It's fun researching a new cruise line!

I did an 11 night Hawaii cruise on Radiance this past May and we loved it. She's a lovely ship. Not the biggest or newest with all the bells and whistles, but we had excellent entertainment and service. Good food and the Hawaiian islands. Couldn't have asked for more. :)

I would like to see the longer cruises also. Hopefully, for the 2016 season RCI will be back to two cruises to Hawaii on the way to Australia. I've booked the Vancouver to LA for 2015 but would like Hawaii again.

Just pulled the trigger on our RETIREMENT B2B cruises in 2016 on the Serenade (11 & 10 days)... Got a corner aft - same cabin for both cruises!! Woo hoo!! So happy!!

Edited by SRV FAN

Just pulled the trigger on our RETIREMENT B2B cruises in 2016 on the Serenade (11 & 10 days)... Got a corner aft - same cabin for both cruises!! Woo hoo!! So happy!!

That's great. What a way to start retirement. They look really good itinerary's.

We night have done that if we hadn't booked Jewel on the West Coast.

We were originally booked on Radiance for September but the port visits are so short (5pm departure in Lahaina :eek:) that we switched to Rhapsody instead. We have been on Splendour and Legend over the past few years and are happy with moving to a Vision class ship if we get more time in port.

I am so jealous on so many levels. Congratulations, and enjoy your cruises!

I did an 11 night Hawaii cruise on Radiance this past May and we loved it. She's a lovely ship. Not the biggest or newest with all the bells and whistles, but we had excellent entertainment and service. Good food and the Hawaiian islands. Couldn't have asked for more. :)

Good to hear! What was your favourite port? What category cabin did you have? I'm leaning towards an Aft Balcony on the 8th deck.

We were originally booked on Radiance for September but the port visits are so short (5pm departure in Lahaina :eek:) that we switched to Rhapsody instead. We have been on Splendour and Legend over the past few years and are happy with moving to a Vision class ship if we get more time in port.

I think it's going to be a tough decision picking the best Hawaiian cruise for us. It seems as if there will be only one option/cruiseline to choose from - and they all have pros & cons in terms of Ports / Time in Port / Price and # days.

But, at the end of the day if choosing a Hawaiian cruise is the worst problem we'll have this month, I'll take it! :)

Jenn

Not sure if this is new, but the Grand Cayman Port calendar now has a ship called "CVTBN" in Nov 2015 and when you click the link it says it is a RCCL ship with a capacity of 4,000 (Pax and crew). It is there on odd days which no true consistency. Guessing that is a Voyager class ship since the Capacity count is in line.

Lynn, which sailing are you on? I'm on the 1/25/16 sailing. I too also got an aft corner balcony

I booked the Jan 4, 2016 sailing on Serenade 11 nighters. We got 9256 again! In 2013, we did the Vision 11 night. It is basically the same cruise, just in reverse, and instead of St. Vincent, we have Grenada.

I am excited!

I booked the Jan 4, 2016 sailing on Serenade 11 nighters. We got 9256 again! In 2013, we did the Vision 11 night. It is basically the same cruise, just in reverse, and instead of St. Vincent, we have Grenada.

I am excited!

Dan, that's the exact same cabin I got but I'm on the 1/25/16 sailing

I am so jealous on so many levels. Congratulations, and enjoy your cruises!

Oh, I am sorry. Don't want to make anyone jealous. Never my intention. Thank you for the well wishes!! We are so excited!! But, it's still a long time off.... A lot can happen between now & then. At least we have a plan.