Bring wine

cruising ann

Am I correct in assuming that while you can bring two bottles on board at departure, additional bottles are not allowed to be brought on at the various cruise ports? That was RCI policy.

We use neoprene bottle carriers obtained at wineenthusiast.com, but you have to catch them on sale.

Mike

Am I correct in assuming that while you can bring two bottles on board at departure, additional bottles are not allowed to be brought on at the various cruise ports? That was RCI policy.

We use neoprene bottle carriers obtained at wineenthusiast.com, but you have to catch them on sale.

Mike

That is the policy, however we brought a bottle back from a stop in Italy, fully intending to have it taken and held till the last evening. It was in a tote bag. They let it right through. We paid the corkage and enjoyed it with dinner!

Perhaps it was OK because we only had one bottle, or perhaps because they figure folks want to try some local wine. In any case - we were very happy.

m

That is the policy, however we brought a bottle back from a stop in Italy, fully intending to have it taken and held till the last evening. It was in a tote bag. They let it right through. We paid the corkage and enjoyed it with dinner!

Perhaps it was OK because we only had one bottle, or perhaps because they figure folks want to try some local wine. In any case - we were very happy.

m

I definitely plan to put it to the test, even if they hold it. We'll have a couple of nights post-cruise to handle any excess inventory above and beyond what we will be able to carry back in checked bags.

I am planning on bringing my two bottles of wine onto the ship. Will Celebrity allow me to bring a glass of wine into the MDR? How would they know if I just bought it at the bar or if it is from my room?

I am not trying to rip them off. I usually only have one glass of wine at dinner and would prefer one of my choosing.

If I did buy a bottle of wine at dinner early in the cruise, will they store it for me for the rest of the trip and bring it to me at the dinner table?

I am planning on bringing my two bottles of wine onto the ship. Will Celebrity allow me to bring a glass of wine into the MDR? How would they know if I just bought it at the bar or if it is from my room?

I am not trying to rip them off. I usually only have one glass of wine at dinner and would prefer one of my choosing.

If I did buy a bottle of wine at dinner early in the cruise, will they store it for me for the rest of the trip and bring it to me at the dinner table?

If you don't have a wine pump, a nice bottle of wine will oxidize in 24 hours. With a wine pump, it may last 1-2 days. They don't use wine pumps on the ship when you give the remainder of your bottle to store for the next evening. I can't imagine using that bottle for 3-4 days, taking a glass at a time. :eek:

Yes Celebrity will allow you to bring a glass of wine to the MDR from your stateroom. Enjoy your wine and Cruise.