stressed about flight time

dmband1701

Hi there! My husband and I are cruising in October out of Miami. We booked same dAY flights (I know, I know). The more I think about it the more stressed I get. Of course they are non refundable/no change tickets. We arrive at 12:45 and the cruise is departing at 4. Does anyone have any stories to make me feel better about this? Happened to you and you made the cruise ok. Thanks in advance!

Hi there! My husband and I are cruising in October out of Miami. We booked same dAY flights (I know, I know). The more I think about it the more stressed I get. Of course they are non refundable/no change tickets. We arrive at 12:45 and the cruise is departing at 4. Does anyone have any stories to make me feel better about this? Happened to you and you made the cruise ok. Thanks in advance!

Doesn't Homeland Security require you to board no later than 2 or 2:30PM?

I think you need to call the airline and beg and plead.

October is still our summer and we get tons of thunderstorms.

If your plane lands on time you'll still be cutting it close.

You will have to be on board by 230pm, customs requirement. As for some confidence that you will make the cruise, you will as long as you do not encounter any minor delays along tthe way. If you land at exactly 1245pm, and factor the time it takes to get off the plane, claim your luggage, and find your ride to the port, you will most likely get to the port around 145pm. This leaves you very little wiggle room, good luck, have a great cruise.

You will have to be on board by 230pm, customs requirement. As for some confidence that you will make the cruise, you will as long as you do not encounter any minor delays along tthe way. If you land at exactly 1245pm, and factor the time it takes to get off the plane, claim your luggage, and find your ride to the port, you will most likely get to the port around 145pm. This leaves you very little wiggle room, good luck, have a great cruise.

This and don't even think about trying to check luggage.

Hi, I see this is your first post. Welcome to Cruise Critic:)

Your first problem too:eek:.....not sure where you are flying from but

if there is any kind of flight delay?...weather, mechanical, anything?

That is going to put you behind before you even get started........

Then there is everything else the other folks mentioned.....getting

luggage, taxi and getting to the ship....even if the flight is on time?

If you have to arrive "the day of" at least see if there is a morning

arrival......

The time you arrive now? I can see why there is stress.....not a good

way to start your vacation:(

Thank you everyone! We called the airline this morning and asked to switch to the day before. They were going to charge us $200 each to switch the tickets but we asked for the fee to be waived. She talked to her supervisor and they waived the fee! I feel so much better and am so excited to cruise :D

Thank you everyone! We called the airline this morning and asked to switch to the day before. They were going to charge us $200 each to switch the tickets but we asked for the fee to be waived. She talked to her supervisor and they waived the fee! I feel so much better and am so excited to cruise :D

GREAT NEWS:D:):D...nice of the airline to waive that fee too!

Outstanding! Like I always say, it doesn't cost anything to ask! I was just thinking before you posted this update, that if you were already stressed 7 months out, can you imagine how stressed you would be a week or even a day out?

WOW that's great - this would not happen for us in Canada.

Always book a day before you leave...and even a $200 cancellation fee is little in terms of missing the ship (or having to pay hotel and new flight to catch the ship at its next port).

That is such great news! I would have been sweating bullets on that original flight, now you can breath easier. The weather we have here is so screwed up. Yesterday we were at 47, this morning we got up to ice everywhere.

It's absolutely crazy!!:eek:

Have a great cruise dmband1701! :p

Thank you everyone! I actually have been feeling sick to my stomach over it. We used to live with in driving distance of a Long Beach in California so we didn't book flights for our last cruise and were thinking more about having to take an extra day off of work. I feel so much better about coming in the evening before. Now I can just get in have a nice dinner grab some last minute stuff then all I have to worry about day of is getting on the ship!

We are doing reflection next month, get in at noon and ship leaves at 5. That's about 2 hours more cushion than you had on original flights. Hope it works for us. Would be much nicer to fly in earlier and stay later, but we don't have that flexibility.

We are doing reflection next month, get in at noon and ship leaves at 5. That's about 2 hours more cushion than you had on original flights. Hope it works for us. Would be much nicer to fly in earlier and stay later, but we don't have that flexibility.

That is cutting it close as as well:eek:......good luck.

That's cutting it REALLY close. I'd be on the phone with the airline also.

That is cutting it close as as well:eek:......good luck.

I know some bad mouth it, but we did book through choice air. I figure if they book the flight it must meet their time requirements.

I hope to never have to experience the "they will get you to ship on alternate flights, or at first port", but I'm sure it would be quite a story.

We also fly delta.

I know some bad mouth it, but we did book through choice air. I figure if they book the flight it must meet their time requirements.

I hope to never have to experience the "they will get you to ship on alternate flights, or at first port", but I'm sure it would be quite a story.

We also fly delta.

There is a long thread by a gentleman who booked and missed his entire 35th anniversary cruise. Don't assume they will get you there.

Bad mouthing is the wrong term. We are telling you it is a recipe for disaster.

We also fly delta.

I am giving my opinion......not bad mouthing anything and I have to

agree with Blue Heron,......because it is choice air does not guaranty

anything.:eek: