Mark Conroy

Pepc

I noticed the following posting on the Regent website a little while ago:

Mark Conroy

Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience some of Europe's best kept secrets while sailing on Seven Seas Voyager® with your fellow world travelers. Join Mark Conroy, your host on this special Regent Reunion Cruise, for memorable events including hosted dinners, a festive sail away party and a signature Sunday Caviar Brunch. Plus, delight in special surprises including a keepsake item to commemorate this extraordinary voyage, honoring the 22nd anniversary of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. The 10-day North Sea Splendor cruise departs Stockholm on August 5, 2014 for Tallinn, with an overnight stay in St. Petersburg and stops in Helsinki, Riga and Copenhagen, before arriving in London (Southampton).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately, we get off of the Voyager the same day he gets on.

TC,

????? Have you cancelled the March Beijing to Bangkok cruise and substituted the late July Baltic cruise on the Voyager? :confused:

TC,

????? Have you cancelled the March Beijing to Bangkok cruise and substituted the late July Baltic cruise on the Voyager? :confused:

It is in limbo at this moment. Received an offer from Regent -- accepted it and learned that they booked us on the wrong cruise. Waiting to hear back from Regent. If this gets corrected, we will be on a 28 night cruise from Stockholm to Copenhagen. They cancelled the March cruise when I accepted the offer...... so, I am as confused as you are. The answer to your question is "probably" :confused: This is the second Beijing cruise to disappear -- this time I had the visa for China. In this case, it is probably better as the last cruise was too close to the March one and I needed some down time.

Edited by Travelcat2

....but will forego that one in favor of "Legendary Harbors" next March-June in celebration of our early retirement.

Not sure what "Legendary Harbors" means....... what are the embarkation and disembarkation ports?

Congratulations in advance for your early retirement. I took early retirement as well and have enjoyed every minute of it:)

Not sure what "Legendary Harbors" means....... what are the embarkation and disembarkation ports?

Congratulations in advance for your early retirement. I took early retirement as well and have enjoyed every minute of it:)

"Legendary Harbors" is the name given to the 87-night Grand Voyage that begins in Tokyo (Yokohama) in March and ends in Southampton in June. SO looking forward to this!

"Legendary Harbors" is the name given to the 87-night Grand Voyage that begins in Tokyo (Yokohama) in March and ends in Southampton in June. SO looking forward to this!

Thanks for explaining -- I usually see "names" used on the Oceania board -- they are lovely names but do not tell us much about the cruise :o. Wow -- 87 nights -- quite amazing. I can see why you are looking forward to it!

Waiting to hear back from Regent. If this gets corrected, we will be on a 28 night cruise from Stockholm to Copenhagen. They cancelled the March cruise when I accepted the offer...... so, I am as confused as you are.

Forgive me but I am curious to know how you are taking 28 nights from Stockholm to Copenhagen? Obviously I am missing something.

Waiting to hear back from Regent. If this gets corrected, we will be on a 28 night cruise from Stockholm to Copenhagen. They cancelled the March cruise when I accepted the offer...... so, I am as confused as you are.

Forgive me but I am curious to know how you are taking 28 nights from Stockholm to Copenhagen? Obviously I am missing something.

Either they'll be paddling the boat or

JUN 28 SAT STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN 5:00 PM

JUN 29 SUN TALLINN, ESTONIA 9:30 AM 6:00 PM

JUN 30 MON ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA 9:00 AM

JUL 1 TUE ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA

JUL 2 WED ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA 6:00 PM

JUL 3 THU HELSINKI, FINLAND 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

JUL 4 FRI MARIEHAMN, FINLAND 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

JUL 5 SAT KLAIPEDA (MEMEL), LITHUANIA 12:00 PM 8:00 PM

JUL 6 SUN KARLSKRONA, SWEDEN 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

JUL 7 MON COPENHAGEN, DENMARK 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

JUL 8 TUE KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY 9:30 AM 6:00 PM

JUL 9 WED OSLO, NORWAY 9:30 AM

JUL 10 THU OSLO, NORWAY 4:00 PM

JUL 11 FRI KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

JUL 12 SAT BERGEN, NORWAY 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

JUL 13 SUN CRUISE THE COAST OF NORWAY

JUL 14 MON HONNINGSVÅG, NORWAY 7:00 PM

JUL 15 TUE HONNINGSVÅG, NORWAY 3:00 PM

JUL 16 WED MURMANSK, RUSSIA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

JUL 17 THU HAMMERFEST, NORWAY 12:00 PM 6:00 PM

JUL 18 FRI CRUISE THE NORWEGIAN SEA

JUL 19 SAT SPITSBERGEN (LONGYEARBYEN), NORWAY 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

JUL 20 SUN CRUISE THE MAGDALENEN FJORD

JUL 21 MON CRUISE THE NORWEGIAN SEA

JUL 22 TUE HARSTAD, NORWAY 10:00 AM 5:00 PM

JUL 23 WED CRUISE THE COAST OF NORWAY

JUL 24 THU HELLESYLT, NORWAYAnchor Port 7:00 AM 10:30 AM

JUL 24 THU GEIRANGER, NORWAYAnchor Port 12:00 PM 4:00 PM

JUL 25 FRI CRUISE THE SKAGERRAK

JUL 26 SAT COPENHAGEN, DENMARK 7:00 AM

Sorry, sometimes I write in shorthand:-) Not sure if you are curious how it takes 28 nights to get from Stockholm to Copenhagen or how we received the transfer. We were booked on a cruise from Beijing to Bangkok (departing next month). When Regent has a full ship, they sometimes make offers to passengers to switch to another cruise. We opted to switch.

In terms of the itinerary, here is a link http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY140628A/summary/default.aspx . It makes quite a few stops in Norway -- a destination that we are interested in seeing. Finland is another place that we have not visited. Although we have done the three days in St. Petersburg with a private tour guide, we plan on doing a couple of shorter excursions to see places we missed.

While I'm sure the Beijing itinerary is wonderful, this itinerary seemed just a bit "more wonderful" (if there is such a thing) :)

Thank you for the explanation! It was how you could take 28 days from Stockholm to Copenhagan that puzzled me. Now I have looked up the itinerary I can see it is a rather special cruise in the Baltic, and it is now clear that it is in fact a B2B cruise. Have a great time.

Edited by Jay23
correction

The interesting part of the announcement was that it is Mark Conroy. After so much speculation on this board that he was gone from PCH never to be seen again, here he is! He is still listed as an advisor at PCH, and I recently saw a reference to his participation in some matter...it might have been about the new ship. Could it be that he genuinely wanted to step back, and was not "forced out" as was implied here?

• 2 weeks later...

We also received the announcement about Mark Conroy. While we would love to cruise with him, we have done that itinerary plus we have other cruises planned this year. We did the Beijing to Bangock cruise March 2013. It was outstanding. The ports were great, the service, food, excursions were remarkable. We did the three day prior to cruise Beijing tour and it was very good. We also met some nice people in Beijing so it was fun cruising with them. I highly recommend this cruise. We have friends who are taking this cruise March 2014 and if we were not going on a safari, I would love to do it again. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the Copenhagen to Stockholm cruise with three days in St. Petersburg a lot. Whatever you do TC, I'm sure it'll be wonderful. Enjoy. Our friends also received the option to opt out of the cruise but they turned it down. After going through all the forms for China Visa and being excited about cruise, they didn't want to cancel.

We also received the announcement about Mark Conroy. While we would love to cruise with him, we have done that itinerary plus we have other cruises planned this year. We did the Beijing to Bangock cruise March 2013. It was outstanding. The ports were great, the service, food, excursions were remarkable. We did the three day prior to cruise Beijing tour and it was very good. We also met some nice people in Beijing so it was fun cruising with them. I highly recommend this cruise. We have friends who are taking this cruise March 2014 and if we were not going on a safari, I would love to do it again. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the Copenhagen to Stockholm cruise with three days in St. Petersburg a lot. Whatever you do TC, I'm sure it'll be wonderful. Enjoy. Our friends also received the option to opt out of the cruise but they turned it down. After going through all the forms for China Visa and being excited about cruise, they didn't want to cancel.

You really make the cruise from Beijing to Bangkok sound wonderful. The offer wasn't for money or even an upgrade..... but, the Stockholm to Copenhagen cruise is 28 nights and the cost for a penthouse suite would have been prohibitive (we have been on the 7 night cruise -- reverse itinerary so have seen St. Petersburg and Tallin). The cruise is probably not selling well because of the cost. We are looking forward to the multiple stops in Norway and in Finland.

Well, we have booked two cruises out of Beijing and both were full so we took offers. This time we did get a China visa. Maybe the next time will be the charm:)