Ft. Lauderdale traffic

aeegee

We will be staying on SE 17th Causeway and would like to take a cab to port. My concern is traffic in the morning around 10 or so. Does anyone know if traffic is an issue or am I worrying over nothing? Would the cab use the road that has the bridge that opens? I'd hate to pay a ton of money for sitting in a cab for a 3 mile ride if traffic is an issue.

Thank you

Edited by aeegee
Added icon

We stayed at the Embassy suites took a cab, and also left at 10:00am.

It took us about 10 min.

The longest part was showing our pass ports or whatever ID at the entrance to port security before the cab drove in to the ship area.

Sea Ya

It took us about 10 min.

The longest part was showing our pass ports or whatever ID at the entrance to port security before the cab drove in to the ship area.

Sea Ya

Thank you

We have stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 for over 20 years and likely 40+ visits. The bridge is no big deal. When/if it goes up, I have never seen it up more than 15 minutes at the most. Often the scheduled opening doesn't take place if there are no boats that need to pass under. The bridge is of inconsequential planning for going from hotel to port to board the ship. We usually leave the hotel about 10: 45 or so and are on the ship by 11:30 roughly. (We do have priority boarding so that makes a few minutes difference.)

Edited by sail7seas

It took us about 10 min.

Sea Ya

We had the same experience. Traffic was a non-issue

It took us about 10 min.

Sea Ya

Embassy Suites is the other side of the bridge. You do not have to cross the bridge to go to Port Everglades from Embassy Suites. :)

We will be staying on SE 17th Causeway and would like to take a cab to port. My concern is traffic in the morning around 10 or so. Does anyone know if traffic is an issue or am I worrying over nothing? Would the cab use the road that has the bridge that opens? I'd hate to pay a ton of money for sitting in a cab for a 3 mile ride if traffic is an issue.

Thank you

Have you checked to see if your hotel has a free or low-cost shuttle to the port? I know Embassy Suites has one that runs every half hour or so. Not free, but probably a little less than a cab. :cool:

A taxi from Embassy Suites to Port Everglades will usually run in the range of about $11 approximately. Seeing they no longer offer free shuttle, it is likely the taxi fare might be around the same or even less than the shuttle if you have two or more people.

It is interesting that when you take a shuttle bus from the Budget Rent a car 17th street location you do not need to show any ID at all. You just get on the bus, tell them which ship you are going to, and they bring you there.

Weird.

A taxi from Embassy Suites to Port Everglades will usually run in the range of about $11 approximately. Seeing they no longer offer free shuttle, it is likely the taxi fare might be around the same or even less than the shuttle if you have two or more people.

Totallly agree -- usually, it's about six of one, half-dozen of another. ;)

Although, we often cruise with friends who bring even more luggage than we do. A small cab can't carry all four of us and our bags, so we usually opt for the ES port shuttle. :cool: