Have Century Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

We have been in Suite 1200 before, which is the room right off of the public area/elevator where the ping pong table is located. Having the ping pong table there not only creates traffic and lots of noise, but also blocks access for those who are in wheelchairs since this elevator is used by the occupants of the wheelchair accessible Suite 1200 and its twin on the opposite side of the ship. It is extremely difficult to get to the other elevator on that deck in a wheelchair.

Thank you, Kathy! We complained to guest relations on 3 separate occasions about this problem. They said they would put up a sign not to use after 10:00 p.m. People obviously can't read! Sometimes the sign would be on the floor under the table in the a.m. Then they said they would remove the balls & paddles -there were tournaments being held & we could see people with their OWN paddles & ping pong balls in their pants walking on Deck 12 to practice!

Then they took the table away one day YEA! But they brought it back ---BOO!

So it is back now but I'm not & pretty soon someone else will be taking over Century & they can deal with it!

I hope the OP was kidding about wanting it outside his cabin to play beer pong!

He must love Carnival Cruise Lines a lot! Tee! Hee!:D

Faith

I noticed the comment about the future of Century. I have a reservation on Century from Singapore to Dubai on March 2015. I noticed that Century's sailings aren't shown beyond April, 2015. Now I know why.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the quality of the dining and buffet on your cruise.

Thanks.

Duane

Edited by Duane T

I noticed the comment about the future of Century. I have a reservation on Century from Singapore to Dubai on March 2015. I noticed that Century's sailings aren't shown beyond April, 2015. Now I know why.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the quality of the dining and buffet on your cruise.

Thanks.

Duane

Have you joined the Roll Call Duane, I don't see your name. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958273&page=7

We are onboard the 2nd leg of our Century b2b2b starting on Feb. 12th. I am also posting on Andy's Live thread and will answer a few questions here too.

I followed up with Elvis on cabin 1200 questions, and I can report some good news. He reported the leaking bathroom tile problem and the leak/tile problem is supposed to be fixed today! According to Elvis, there is a "wheelchair" ramp going from the cabin to the veranda and back into the cabin.

I asked a "pool" officer about the handicap lift and she said there is one lift for the pool and one for a hot tub and both are operational.

I didn't want to mention it on the 3-night cruise, but there was a number of out-of-control ping pong players, such as families with children or teens and young adults. It was annoying to get hit by flying balls and having to dodge wayward balls and children. The ping pong table is still being used although more orderly on the start of this 8-night cruise. Before lunch they had an organized Celebrity ping pong game. There is no "do not play after 10pm" sign in that area. I asked the Celebrity activity person at the ping pong session, and he said he has not seen it either. Maybe it is hidden behind the Galapagos animal statue with the "please do not Zumba on the outdoor track" sign. ;)

We are not buffet people except for ice cream and Indian food on some port days only. MDR food has been excellent except as noted on the Live thread for one breakfast.

The Captain's Club hostess is Elaine of the Philippines substituting for Jonette who is on vacation. She is very nice and always pleasant and smiling. We are continuing to get specialty tea in addition to expresso, cappuccino, and latte as an Elite Plus benefit. Cova Cafe servers no longer question it. We hope they serve specialty teas as an Elite+ benefit on the other ships too, as well as continuing it on the Century as some people prefer tea, like I do especially the Bombay Chai latte!

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
CC hostess

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing back to back, on Celebrity Century for 11 days, starting this Wednesday. If you have Century questions, please post them on this thread. As always, I will try my very best to obtain answers.

BTW, I only request 1 question *not* be asked <smile> - Please don't ask me to find out if Century is leaving Celebrity's fleet. While I do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling about her future with Celebrity, I have nothing further to confirm, and I highly doubt that anyone onboard knows the answer... or if they do, they aren't about to share it with me :) . FWIW, I suspect our answer might be known either this week, or probably next week, as the 2015 Alaska schedule is scheduled to be announced the week of February 17th. If she's not on the Alaska deployment schedule, then we probably have our answer.

As long as the internet cooperates, I also plan to offer a "Live From Century" thread, beginning this Wednesday. I will have addtional internet minutes, thanks to the new Captains Club benefit of 200 minutes for Elite Plus members... sooooo a big "Thank You" to Celebrity !

I'm not planning on posting every day, as I'm totally exhausted and hope to get some rest... but I will post when there's good information to share with our fantastic community. We have a huge roster of Cruise Critic friends on this sailing, so I'm sure they will lend a hand, when I'm sleeping on a lovely lounger by the pool - which, I hope will be frequently :)

I look forward to your questions !

Andy will be on Century this March for a 8 night cruise in a Sky suite. Can you find out if we are entitled to 2 complimentary dinners in specialty restaurant. It says this on Celebrity website but a lot of cruise critic folks says only applies to Solstice class. Hope you are having a wonderful time

Andy will be on Century this March for a 8 night cruise in a Sky suite. Can you find out if we are entitled to 2 complimentary dinners in specialty restaurant. It says this on Celebrity website but a lot of cruise critic folks says only applies to Solstice class. Hope you are having a wonderful time

Andy:

Apparently Celebrity rewrote the suite section of the web site to include the new benefits for next year. In doing so they created a conflict on the web site. See my post #8 in this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1991275

We are onboard the 2nd leg of our Century b2b2b starting on Feb. 12th. I am also posting on Andy's Live thread and will answer a few questions here too.

I followed up with Elvis on cabin 1200 questions, and I can report some good news. He reported the leaking bathroom tile problem and the leak/tile problem is supposed to be fixed today! According to Elvis, there is a "wheelchair" ramp going from the cabin to the veranda and back into the cabin.

I asked a "pool" officer about the handicap lift and she said there is one lift for the pool and one for a hot tub and both are operational.

I didn't want to mention it on the 3-night cruise, but there was a number of out-of-control ping pong players, such as families with children or teens and young adults. It was annoying to get hit by flying balls and having to dodge wayward balls and children. The ping pong table is still being used although more orderly on the start of this 8-night cruise. Before lunch they had an organized Celebrity ping pong game. There is no "do not play after 10pm" sign in that area. I asked the Celebrity activity person at the ping pong session, and he said he has not seen it either. Maybe it is hidden behind the Galapagos animal statue with the "please do not Zumba on the outdoor track" sign. ;)

We are not buffet people except for ice cream and Indian food on some port days only. MDR food has been excellent except as noted on the Live thread for one breakfast.

The Captain's Club hostess is Elaine of the Philippines substituting for Jonette who is on vacation. She is very nice and always pleasant and smiling. We are continuing to get specialty tea in addition to expresso, cappuccino, and latte as an Elite Plus benefit. Cova Cafe servers no longer question it. We hope they serve specialty teas as an Elite+ benefit on the other ships too, as well as continuing it on the Century as some people prefer tea, like I do especially the Bombay Chai latte!

Kathy

Thanks again, Kathy

We will see if that tile is ever fixed before Century leaves the fleet! The table is a lost issue too!

Faith

I will be on the three night Century sailing in March. My flight doesn't leave Ft. Lauderdale until 2:30pm on disembarkation day so wondering what is the latest time I can stay in my cabin? I am in concierge class if that makes any difference.

I'm usually rushing off to catch an early flight so looking forward to a more relaxed last day. ;)

I will be on the three night Century sailing in March. My flight doesn't leave Ft. Lauderdale until 2:30pm on disembarkation day so wondering what is the latest time I can stay in my cabin? I am in concierge class if that makes any difference.

I'm usually rushing off to catch an early flight so looking forward to a more relaxed last day. ;)

You'll still be expected to leave your cabin by 8:00 a.m. and you'll probably be called to leave the ship by 10:00. Also, most breakfast options will be closed fairly early in the morning. Even if we have a later flight, we get up, have breakfast then go sit in our assigned waiting area. Depending on how many cruises are returning that morning, security lines at FLL can be massive so you'll want to be there early.

You'll still be expected to leave your cabin by 8:00 a.m. and you'll probably be called to leave the ship by 10:00. Also, most breakfast options will be closed fairly early in the morning. Even if we have a later flight, we get up, have breakfast then go sit in our assigned waiting area. Depending on how many cruises are returning that morning, security lines at FLL can be massive so you'll want to be there early.

...was hoping to sleep in a little later but c'est la vie!:p

On the 3 night sailing, they had all current guests off the ship by 9:30 am, so I think it's a little earlier than the last post mentioned.

I hope this is helpful !

For Montgomeryfamily,

I asked about the pool lifts today, and were told they both were operational. I hope that everything works out great on your Century sailing.

I think this question was asked here or on Andy's Live thread. I asked the Future Cruise person about the Sky Suite specialty restaurant benefit. She said technically you get two, but since Century only has one specialty restaurant, you only get one specialty restaurant.

Kathy

I saw a video of a beautiful looking brunch on Celebrity Century. I believe it was held on the last sea day. My friends cruise does not have any sea days.

My question is, do they still have the brunch on the port intensive seven day California coastal?

Thank you so much for your help. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
AutoCorrect strikes again

I saw a video of a beautiful looking brunch on Celebrity Century. I believe it was held on the last sea day. My friends cruise does not have any sea days.

My question is, do they still have the brunch on the port intensive seven day California coastal?

Hi mssocalcruiser,

I believe it should be offered, but will ask for you. Stay tuned !

My guess is that it will be offered on one of the days we get to port later in the day. It is an amazing experience if you've never enjoyed it. :-)

I think this question was asked here or on Andy's Live thread. I asked the Future Cruise person about the Sky Suite specialty restaurant benefit. She said technically you get two, but since Century only has one specialty restaurant, you only get one specialty restaurant.

Kathy

I just had a look at celebrity website for sky suite perks on century. It does not mention any dining perks like it offers on there larger ships sky suites

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Andy and Kathy

Thanks so much for offering to answer questions. We have booked our first cruise ever on the Century in October. We would love to know if/or how the soft furnishings have changed in the cabins and suites. Also, my husband would like to know if the flat screen in the Sky Suites are being replaced with larger screens :rolleyes:

Also, as we are taking my Dad (who has a concierge balcony cabin), we would love to know any details (photos?) of the Century Suites as I may give him a surprise upgrade.

Thanks again

Hi Andy and Kathy

Thanks so much for offering to answer questions. We have booked our first cruise ever on the Century in October. We would love to know if/or how the soft furnishings have changed in the cabins and suites. Also, my husband would like to know if the flat screen in the Sky Suites are being replaced with larger screens :rolleyes:

Also, as we are taking my Dad (who has a concierge balcony cabin), we would love to know any details (photos?) of the Century Suites as I may give him a surprise upgrade.

Thanks again

We had a Sky Suite on the 3 night a week ago and it was the same size TV as in the concierge cabins (Maybe 32 inches). Also it was right above the sofa - not the best location.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Hi Andy and Kathy

Thanks again

As far as we could tell they did not update anything on the interior of the ship.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

We will be in a Concierge Class cabin for our 3rd leg of the b2b2b starting in an hour or two. I doubt we will see upgrades. My experience and observations for the 3-night and 8-night cruises are the same as Tommy, Andy, and others have noted on this thread and the Live thread that it doesn't appear any carpet or upholstery upgrades were made. Maybe if a tv was broken, it was replaced; otherwise, it is likely the "old" tv that was in the cabin before dry dock. I'm hoping they will repair the deck 12 track so I can gain more speed in my walking without worrying about tripping on the ruts.

Update on accessible suite 1200: Elvis, the butler, confirmed the tile and leak were repaired (likely not a complete bathroom tile replacement though but just area needing it). Deck 12 pong table was still heavily used but by more skilled players and less flying balls on the 8-night versus the 3-night cruise. Flying balls still got under foot, however.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Update on 1200 suite