Barcelona Hotel Suggestions.

weiluncruise

My wife and i will be staying in Barcelona for one night (pre-cruise Regal Princess departing July 25, 2014). We will be looking for a reasonably priced but nice Hotel close to the Cruise Terminal, but, in a good area. Any Suggestions? Many Thanks.

My wife and i will be staying in Barcelona for one night (pre-cruise Regal Princess departing July 25, 2014). We will be looking for a reasonably priced but nice Hotel close to the Cruise Terminal, but, in a good area. Any Suggestions? Many Thanks.

Hard to go wrong with MarinaView B&B; three blocks from where the port bus picks you up.

We recently stayed in the Hotel Pulitzer for a weekend in Barcelona. It is located about 50m from the Plaza Catalunya, so couldn't be more central. We took the Aerobus from the airport which costs 10.80 Euros return and stops just across the square from the hotel. The return ticket is valid for a month if I remember correctly.

Hotel has a nice bar/lounge area and comfortable restaurant for breakfast. Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Décor possibly a little 'tired', but that didn't bother us. We paid about 100 Euros prpn for BB.

I am staying at the H10 Plaza Catalunya http://www.hotelh10catalunyaplaza.com/en/index.html for my pre-cruise hotel.

Price is similar to the Hotel Jazz but in a slightly better location (imo).

So you have stayed at either of these hotels before? What did you like specifically about the H10 Plaza Catalunya in case we might be interested in the future?

So you have stayed at either of these hotels before? What did you like specifically about the H10 Plaza Catalunya in case we might be interested in the future?

I have not stayed at this hotel yet and I actually learned of it from searching this board.

I saw the recommendations for both the Hotel Jazz and for the H10 and with the reviews and amenities being similar I went with the H10. There are 3 people in my party and comparing the Jazz Corner Junior Suite to the H10 Triple Room with Terrace the H10 wins hands down.

The H10 room is 8 euro cheaper and has an outdoor terrace. The location of the hotel is on the square itself. I have also have had some interaction with the staff in changing my reservation and they have been excellent to this point.

The hard part for me in choosing a hotel on this trip is that most pictures and reviews are for 2 person rooms whereas I need 3 person rooms.

I will give a first hand account once I have stayed and hopefully I am not disappointed with my choice.

We booked-in at the Hotel Medium Monegal, very clean and serviceable, but most importantly perfectly situated on Placa Catalunya, which is the very center of the city. Our stay was just one pre-cruise night, but we managed to fit in lots of sightseeing - Parc Guell, Casa Batllo, the magic fountains, a walking tour of the Gothic quarter, and the Sagrada Familiar. Though our flight did arrive at lunchtime the day before our cruise, and we were just about the last ones getting on the boat ;)

We stayed for 3 nights at Hotel 1898 on Las Ramblas a couple of years ago before our cruise to Lisbon. Great hotel, close to everything, and a short cab drive to the port. We did not eat there because there were restaurants all around us as well as a Starbucks almost next door. We walked and walked all over Barcelona from this location and took the HOHO bus to get to the areas farther away. Las Ramblas is just a fabulous street to wander down and people watch! This hotel is very close to the wonderful market which is not to be missed (closed on Sunday). We've been to markets all over the world and this is by far the BEST! Three days was not long enough. I would love to go back again and I would stay at the same hotel!

I booked the Amister Arts Hotel on Avenguida De Roma 93-95 for $88+$55 in taxes/fees on Hotwire last August for our upcoming stay in May after our Splendour Cruise from Brazil.

Here is their website for more information

http://hotelamister.com/en/

It's located in the L'Example district in Barcelona and its much quieter than staying on Las Ramblas. Its about a 10-15 minute walk to Las Ramblas. 10 minutes to the AeroBus located by the Urgell Metro Station, 15 minute walk to Sants Train Staiton. They have bike rentals for 10 euros per bike per day .

The breakfast is expensive but if you go on Valencia street nearby there are Cafe's that won't break your budget.

It has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

We spent several days at the Hotel Universal Barcelona following a cruise last May, and were very pleased. Loved the large room, location and staff. Our rate included breakfast, and were very pleased with the breakfast (which included a large selection of both hot and cold items). Highly recommend this hotel.

Hard to go wrong with MarinaView B&B; three blocks from where the port bus picks you up.

Hi Scottbee. Thanks for your recommendation of Marina View B & B. Was the Accommodation decent (nice) and how did you get to the Cruise Terminal from Marina View? Could you walk? Was there a bus? Or, is it necessary to catch a Taxi?

I think people get the wrong idea about being "close to the cruise terminal". Barcelona is a big city, with lots of great hotels, all within a 20-30 euro cab ride of the cruise terminal. You don't have to be down by the port.

I so agree with you.

We were very happy with the Hotel Tryp Apolo on Avinguda Paral-lel.

It is about four blocks from the statue of Christopher Columbus at the port.

We thought the location was excellent.

We walked to the Columbus statue to catch the HOHO bus and toured Barcelona that way.

We were also able to walk to Montjuic by taking Paral-lel in the other direction.

From our balcony, we could see the Columbus Statue and the sea.

I don't remember the price, but we felt it was reasonable.

We stayed at the Hotel Colon last October and will probably stay there again. Or at her sister hotel, Regencia Colon. Wonderful location in Barri Gothic

We 2nd the recommendation of the Colon. It is always our home away from home while in Barcelona and we love their Cathedral view rooms (but they do cost extra). Perfect European Style hotel, perfect location in the Gothic Quarter, and reasonable prices. For those want a modern Hilton-Marriott type hotel this is not the place. But for those of us who enjoy the older European style hotels it cannot be beat.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend Hotel Jazz, we had two of the corner suites last November and stayed for four nights, the space was great. We got an advance price from the website but didn't have to pay a deposit and when the price went down before we travelled we just cancelled and rebooked at the new rate.

We are going again in October before and after our cruise. It's a great location and has a lovely pool on the roof with terrace.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just returned from Splendour cruise which started in Barcelona. We stayed at Hotel Moderno. Very small, but was great for just a place to lay our heads down at night. Fair pricing for Barcelona but very small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It will be our third trip to Barcelona. Although not a budget hotel, we love the Casa Camper--great service and location, all rooms have a bedroom and a separate sitting room, they have an amazing breakfast and snacks available 24 hrs a day included in the price. And consistently great reviews on trip advisor.