I don't "get" wristlets. Please enlighten me!

magandab

WOW...I know I started the other thread about going from a crossbody

to a wristlet but I didn't realize so many of you hated them:eek:

I think bags of all types inspire devotees. Some people just "have to have" a huge bag, while others are more comfortable with something smaller.

I have several Coach wristlets I really like. More often than not, I carry them as small clutch bag but now and then, I might slip the strap over my wrist. I've (thankfully) never knocked over a tray full wine glasses. :eek: :D

If all I want to carry is cruise card, lipstick, a tissue, a few dollars and my reading glasses, a wristlet is perfect.

If it can fit in a wristlet, it can fit in my husband's jacket pocket. Bwahahaha!!! :D:D:D

Not all of us have a husband.

And even when I did have one, he was more likely to want to put things into my purse than to let me stash my stuff in his pocket.

Edited by cruisemom42

I agree with those that have said it's a lot like a clutch, just with a strap for added security. I don't find them that useful on a cruise ship since I rarely carry more than my ship card since it's easy enough to go back to the cabin. But if I'm going out somewhere at home where a full purse would be a hassle to keep track of (weddings come to mind), then they are great since I don't have a car. If you live somewhere that you drive everywhere and have a significant other to hold the keys in his pocket, then yeah you probably don't need one.

I need to get a purser hanger...that would make life easier. :)

Have a great time on your cruise!

Lisa

One thing to remember when buying one of those purse hangers is the type of bag you carry. I prefer shoulder strap purses and the long strap usually means my purse is going to hang down and touch the floor. Yuck! I really hate that.

I also don't have a husband and find a wristlet convenient when I want to carry my phone (for pictures) along with my card, lipstick, some cash, etc.

And honestly, after a few drinks it's much easier to have my things around my wrist so I don't set it down and forget it :p

I love my wristlet. I carry it the same way people carry a clutch, only there's a strap for extra security/convenience. On a cruise I use it for my room key, lip gloss and small camera. As soon as I sit down at my table I place it on the table or on my lap the same way one would with a clutch. I rarely leave it dangling from my wrist so no worries of it crashing into wine glasses!

I have a wristles that is slightly larger than a credit card. I use it very rarely, only when I won't have pockets, don't want to take a pocketbook, but need someplace other than my bra cup to store cash and ID. I'm participating in Cupid's Undie Run today (Google it) and there isn't really anyplace to store my ID, cash, and car key in my underwear, so I'll use the wristlet during the run.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I have a wristles that is slightly larger than a credit card. I use it very rarely, only when I won't have pockets, don't want to take a pocketbook, but need someplace other than my bra cup to store cash and ID. I'm participating in Cupid's Undie Run today (Google it) and there isn't really anyplace to store my ID, cash, and car key in my underwear, so I'll use the wristlet during the run. .
Watch out for cellulite.

I just started using a wristlet and I love it! I went shopping today and my hands were free as it hung from my wrist. I had my cellphone, credit cards, a lip gloss, money, and a pen inside of it. I didn't have keys because I went with friends and they drove. I have a big leather shoulder bag and I just put my wristlet in it. Whenever I go into a store to shop, I leave my purse in the car so I don't have to lug it around. I love it!:D

Watch out for cellulite.

Just an FYI, the runners used good judgement and common sense. Those with great bodies wore skimpy panties and bras (mostly the 20-something's), those with good bodies wore boxers or high rise panties and bras. Those with not so great bodies wore anything from pj's to tank tops and tutus, covering up their problem areas. And we got some great exercise and raised $40,000 for a great cause. What did you do yesterday?

Just an FYI, the runners used good judgement and common sense. Those with great bodies wore skimpy panties and bras (mostly the 20-something's), those with good bodies wore boxers or high rise panties and bras. Those with not so great bodies wore anything from pj's to tank tops and tutus, covering up their problem areas. And we got some great exercise and raised $40,000 for a great cause. What did you do yesterday?

I'm not sure appearing in public in "skimpy panties and bras" shows good judgment, charity event or no, but call me old-fashioned. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure appearing in public in "skimpy panties and bras" shows good judgment, charity event or no, but call me old-fashioned. :rolleyes:

No thongs, and no skimpier than you might see on a beach. Nothing in poor taste by any means. Really, what's the difference between a bra and panties and a bathing suit from Macy's? Nothing except the department you buy them in.

No thongs, and no skimpier than you might see on a beach. Nothing in poor taste by any means. Really, what's the difference between a bra and panties and a bathing suit from Macy's? Nothing except the department you buy them in.

That's one way of looking at it. The other way is that it's called "underwear" for a reason.

I also wouldn't expect to see someone in a bathing suit wandering around the mall or going into a movie theater, just like I wouldn't expect to see someone in a sweatshirt and jeans swimming in the ocean. It's about the appropriateness of certain clothing choices for certain occasions. (I am sure you'll come back and say what's more appropriate than panties for a panty run, but I am addressing your statement about the difference between underwear and a bathing suit.)

On topic, I like wristlets. I have a couple of Coach ones and a couple of Vera Bradleys, which are larger.

That's one way of looking at it. The other way is that it's called "underwear" for a reason.

I also wouldn't expect to see someone in a bathing suit wandering around the mall or going into a movie theater, just like I wouldn't expect to see someone in a sweatshirt and jeans swimming in the ocean. It's about the appropriateness of certain clothing choices for certain occasions. (I am sure you'll come back and say what's more appropriate than panties for a panty run, but I am addressing your statement about the difference between underwear and a bathing suit.)

On topic, I like wristlets. I have a couple of Coach ones and a couple of Vera Bradleys, which are larger.

Obviously you don't understand the point of the run. I used it to my advantage while fundraising, at each increment I removed more clothing. It worked well, I raised a considerable amount. Now I need to email the photos to my contributors. :)

Say what you want, I did a good thing for a good cause, which is far more important than the opinion of some prude on the Internet. (By the way, I was in underwear that actually showed less than my bikini, as my sports bra definitely covers more and the bottoms could be swapped with each other. )

Huh. I would think if you're running for charity, that would be "good judgement" in itself, and "good judgement" is irrelevant as to whether your outfit covers up your "problem areas" during a fun run where dressing up or down is part of the fun.

And FTR, yesterday I took my two certified therapy dogs to a winter carnival an hour away, where one of them pulled kids in a cart and the other one played with children waiting in line. Tomorrow I'll be taking them to an assisted living facility where they will spend time bringing smiles to the faces of severely developmentally-disabled people, as they do every other week. Later in the week the smaller dog and I will make our weekly hospice visit.

I don't use wristlets because I don't like the way the bag part keeps hitting my wrist. I have small credit-card size pouches with longer straps, that I can wear around my neck and tuck into my shirt.

Edited by BeagleOne

Huh. I would think if you're running for charity, that would be "good judgement" in itself, and "good judgement" is irrelevant as to whether your outfit covers up your "problem areas" during a fun run where dressing up or down is part of the fun.

And FTR, yesterday I took my two certified therapy dogs to a winter carnival an hour away, where one of them pulled kids in a cart and the other one played with children waiting in line. Tomorrow I'll be taking them to an assisted living facility where they will spend time bringing smiles to the faces of severely developmentally-disabled people, as they do every other week. Later in the week the smaller dog and I will make our weekly hospice visit.

I don't use wristlets because I don't like the way the bag part keeps hitting my wrist. I have small credit-card size pouches with longer straps, that I can wear around my neck and tuck into my shirt.

Just because it's for charity it doesn't mean that one shouldn't use a little common sense and a mirror.

My dogs are rescues. One is a senior and doesn't want to do much more than sleep these days. One is a "yellow ribbon" dog with special needs. One is a great breed ambassador, but he flunked his canine good companion test because he doesn't get the whole "stay" thing, so no therapy certification for him--even though he'd be great at it. :( I do take him out to meet and greets with the rescue group--he loves strangers. :)

There's a common denominator when this happens.:);)

Back to wristlets. I use them and I find, for me, they work quite well. When I took clutches I never knew where to put them, too big to put on the table, so would have to put it on the floor.:eek: A wristlet is easily tucked under my thigh on the chair and no, I don't keep it on while eating.:D I never carry much more than my seapass, a very small camera and lipstick. The ones I use are about 4" x6". Personal choice and what works for one may not work for another.:)

There's a common denominator when this happens.:);)

Back to wristlets. I use them and I find, for me, they work quite well. When I took clutches I never knew where to put them, too big to put on the table, so would have to put it on the floor.:eek: A wristlet is easily tucked under my thigh on the chair and no, I don't keep it on while eating.:D I never carry much more than my seapass, a very small camera and lipstick. The ones I use are about 4" x6". Personal choice and what works for one may not work for another.:)

Well maybe that's what you carry in yours, but my wristlet is better, my camera is fancier, my lipstick is way prettier, and my dog has rescued more people than yours. I can't tuck mine under my thigh because my thighs are WAY too small for that. :D

Seriously, I've been shopping on ebay this evening for Dooney & Bourke and Coach wristlets and finding lots of super cheap deals. I think I have about 25 on my wishlist. Ha! D&B has some really neat patterns. I already own a couple of theirs, but I want more. Ugh! This is addictive.

Edited by LrgPizza

Seriously, I've been shopping on ebay this evening for Dooney & Bourke and Coach wristlets and finding lots of super cheap deals. I think I have about 25 on my wishlist. Ha! D&B has some really neat patterns. I already own a couple of theirs, but I want more. Ugh! This is addictive.

Oh no, you just gave me the idea to bid for wristlets on eBay. Curse you LrgPizza!!!!! :D:D:D Walt may need to get a second job with all of my shopping.

Lisa

Beer is responsible for all gramatical errors and misspellings ;)