Anyone notice more movement (swaying) on Breeze?

billy10

been reading a lot of posts saying they notice a lot not movement on the Breeze. Anyone else notice it? Thanks for info I get sick pretty easy

I honestly noticed much more movement than usual on our trip last April....not sure why. I had read about it, but didn't believe it until I actually experienced it myself.

I can say without a doubt that the Magic moves around a lot more than the other ships I've been on. Being the same class it wouldn't surprise me. Not anything terrible but I definitely felt more random bumps when sailing on it vs the Conquest and Fantasy class ships.

We were on the Breeze last April, as well. I honestly can say the only time I felt it, was when I was lying in bed at night. Rocked me right to sleep....:D

I really didn't feel it walking around, or being out on the Lido during the day..

However, I do feel, for the most part, we had pretty calm seas....

We sailed on the Breeze on the last week of April and although it was our first cruise, we have spent a lot of time on large (ferries that carry cars/ thousands of people) ships. There was far more movement than I expected especially considering the seas were very calm. It was the only "negative" mentioned on cruise critic that proved to be true. We asked other people if the motion we were feeling was typical for a cruise ship and the overwhelming answer was no, one couple said they felt less in a storm on the new york-bahamas route than the typical amount we felt. two nights at dinner the mother and younger boy at the table net to us were sick/throwing up from the motion, BUT they refused to take any meds. I get very motion sick so I was prepared with 12 hour release dramamine and I never felt sick. We wondered if we were feeling more because we were so late leaving from ports due to stragglers so they were gunning the engines. The motion never bothered me and I would definitely get on the Breeze again, she is a fantastic ship! but pack some meds just in case!

Well...dunno about all this extra swaying of the Breeze..but...we were on Breeze 15 days for the TA back in November 2012...then an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise in May 2013....if it swayed or rocked more than "normal" or other ships...we sure as heck did not notice.

She's definitely got a different "ride" than other ships. We noticed a slow side to side roll on most of our sailing. Kind of relaxing to me. It was really noticeable if you sat in the Ocean Plaza inside and looked outside at the horizon going up and down and disappearing. In the past I've seen that type of thing with 10-12 foot seas so was surprised when the Captain reported only 3 foot swells our last couple days. We had fairly calm seas the whole cruise and I didn't think the motion was bad, but it was noticeable.

She's definitely got a different "ride" than other ships. We noticed a slow side to side roll on most of our sailing. Kind of relaxing to me. It was really noticeable if you sat in the Ocean Plaza inside and looked outside at the horizon going up and down and disappearing. In the past I've seen that type of thing with 10-12 foot seas so was surprised when the Captain reported only 3 foot swells our last couple days. We had fairly calm seas the whole cruise and I didn't think the motion was bad, but it was noticeable.

I actually found the Victory to be a little "cranky", even in calm seas. There was something about the movement/motion of that ship that just seemed "off" to me. FWIW, we were on the Breeze on the 12-15-13 sailing, located on Deck 7, and though there was no doubt we were moving, it didn't seem as "bad" as the motion we experienced on the Victory in December of 2012. Funny thing is, I've read elsewhere that people swear the fantasy and spirit-class ships have less movement than these new mega-liners. Anyone else care to chime in?

Edited by Chathamite

I didn't think so when I sailed the Breeze. The only current ships that I thought felt more motion than other ships I've been on was the Magic. There was just something that felt off about that ship in this regard. The Breeze seemed alright to me compared to other ships I've been on. But it all depends on the seas, the winds, and the direction of the current in relation to the direction of the ship. Plus, there are times when the seas around the Gulf & Caribbean can be stirred up more than others, which can continue for weeks at a time. So you can get some skewed reports from certain timeframes.

2 weeks ago was my 3rd time on the Dream. The 1st 2 trips could not have been smoother. She even handled a day of rough waves quite well. But 2 weeks ago, she seemed to move quite a bit on seas that weren't that rough. I think we were going against the waves & the current pretty hard, because on the way back, it was super smooth.

We really noticed the side to side movement on the Dream. We were told it's because of her size. She's like a big wind sail and if there's any wind at all, she catches it, making her move side to side. If that happens on the Dream, I'm sure it happens on the Magic and the Breeze too.

I haven't cruised on the Breeze yet. I've been on the Magic. I occasionally noticed movement, but usually only when someone pointed out they were feeling it. I was just on the Conquest in January. I noticed A LOT more movement on it than the other 3 ships I've been on. Luckily, I don't have a problem with motion sickness. My roommate wasn't so lucky. :(

We just got off the Breeze on Sunday, she does sway or rock more than I expected. I am still feeling it today!

I can not compare it to Carnival's other ships since this is the first time I have sailed with Carnival. Had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I actually found the Victory to be a little "cranky", even in calm seas.

There was something about the movement/motion of that ship that just seemed "off" to me.

FWIW, we were on the Breeze on the 12-15-13 sailing, located on Deck 7,

and though there was no doubt we were moving,

it didn't seem as "bad" as the motion we experienced on the Victory in December of 2012.

In December of 2012, Carnival Victory was plying Carnival's "Southern Caribbean" route.

VALOR is now doing that route.

Despite all the cute advertising stuff, the open-ocean seas around these islands can get kinda rough

especially coming on to Christmas, when the Trade Winds start in

and when our local fishermen get all excited because that also means that Flying Fish season is coming in.

Only time I've ever felt a little green around the gills

was Victory -cabin 6207- right up front over the bow -never again in that spot

on the leg where she passes between St.Lucia/St.Vincent, heading up to Barbados

into the swells, into the weather!

VALOR_route.jpg

This might explain your Victory experience?

We were just talking about this last night! We just got of the Breeze Sunday and we all agreed that we felt a lot more movement then usual! We had some high winds in the beginning of the week, but the ocean was pretty smooth the last couple days-same movement. It wasn't noticeable unless walking down a hallway or staring out into the horizon, but it took me awhile to get my land legs back once off. We like movement, find it soothing :)

We noticed the same on the Magic, but not on the Dream....odd I guess!

Been on her twice. May 2013 and Sept 2013 and felt like we wer on a piece of glass. Smoothest cruises we've ever been on in 17 cruises. BUT if you are on a ship, you should expect some kind of movement. DUH ! The ocean is a very powerful force.

We got off the Breeze on Sunday, Feb. 9th and yes, I think there was more motion. It was worse on the first 2 days. I thought I maybe noticed it more because our cabin was on the Lido deck but several people on the cruise also commented about it.

We were in a Cove balcony on deck 2 for the same sailing. We could even feel it down there along with hearing the waves crashing on the hull. I didn't think it was bad, but heard lots of folks talking about it. It was very windy those first couple days and we had salt crusted on our balcony each morning. Even the last two days I could feel motion and the seas were only 3 feet according to the Captain's announcement.

I'm one of those people who really enjoys the motion of a ship so it didn't bother me. I as just surprised at how much side to side roll she got even in calm seas.

Just returned Sunday Feb 9th and definitely felt more swaying than other ships I have been on which were smaller. Was really surprised and alot of other passengers remarked on the same thing. The seas were not rough, there is just something about that ship that makes you feel the motion. I did not hear of anyone getting seasick, but if you are very sensitive to motion maybe bring some medicine or choose other ship.