what's up with NCL boards?

newmexicoNita

Good morning to all, "unplanned outage" - CC board's server/database sort of crashed in the early afternoon, finally backed up this morning. Its Facebook site stayed ON, however. Glad to see it restarted - time to head out this morning to do the sidewalk & driveway ...Mrs. M as essential employees has to get in & report for duty, regardless. Snowing outside since 1 AM, slippery for side/secondary street, no salt spreader or plowing except for primary/main roads. Drive slowly & carefully out there, and be safe - keep warm.

Rather be on a cruise or heading for the port, urgh !

Edited by mking8288

Good morning to all, "unplanned outage" - CC board's server/database sort of crashed in the early afternoon, finally backed up this morning. Its Facebook site stayed ON, however. Glad to see it restarted - time to head out this morning to do the sidewalk & driveway ...Mrs. M as essential employees has to get in & report for duty, regardless. Snowing outside since 1 AM, slippery for side/secondary street, no salt spreader or plowing except for primary/main roads. Drive slowly & carefully out there, and be safe - keep warm.

Rather be on a cruise or heading for the port, urgh !

Be careful!! It's NASTY out there. I'm staying in. Another 8" to 10" of snow and ice.

Stay warm and safe.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Yep:(. I had withdrawals.

Me too. LOL

Can't believe more snow...and NYC schools open. All non essential personnel should stay home...but CHILDREN should go out. Soo many teachers do not come in...so the children will sit in the auditorium to watch a movie, schools have turned into babysitters. Well, I'm semi essential so gonna try getting to work...hope MTA is on my side

Dreaming of a cruise

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had trouble with the CC boards since the weekend so yesterday wasn't really a surprise.

I do wish we could comment on CC's Facebook page though, or ask questions.

In any event, I love Cruise Critic and am glad it's back up (and still free!). :D

PS - I miss the search feature, too!

Edited by OceanDreaming2

People beating the dead horse lifeguard thread accidentally beat the servers also and took them down.

Either that or zombies, but zombies don't do well in this cold so I'm going with my first guess.

Yep...those people posting over there were a trip. Most acted like they were Judge, Jury, Executioner. Tried to stay out of it.

Kind of like your zombie theory too, however.:D

The "New Posts" option also disappeared.

That function/option is showing up for me / been restored, I think ... - probably was still in recovery mode, indexing/rebuilding the database - allowing newer thread would just complicated matter. Things look okay via Linux OS also. (as for that other thread about xxxx yyyyyyyy - :rolleyes: - tempted to troll but smacked myself again & again to stay out it)

Back inside now after a bit of cardiovascular workout (***) & driving a bit, there are fewer cars on the road - slushy, wet & slippery at spots but it's driveable, traffic on the highway is slow going & the Port Washington branch of the LIRR train suspended about an hour (train hit a car trying to cross the track, most likely stuck in deep snow, no other details - folks trying/advised to use mass transit aren't going to be happy & will be very LATE to whereever, shuttle buses being arranged but going to be messy.) It's now a mix of freezing rain & sleet, ABS & Traction Control in the AWD were kicking in - using D3 gears while driving around. (*** - clearing sidewalk/driveway & steps, etc.)

Not exactly blacktop conditions @ 9AM this morning as I stopped at the lights - roughtly 4" to 6" wind driven has fallen thus far - one of our area's primary & designated Snow Emergency Route, key feed to nearby hospital ER & trauma center.

IMG_20140213-Feb13-Storm%20%231.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Me too. LOL

Can't believe more snow...and NYC schools open. All non essential personnel should stay home...but CHILDREN should go out. Soo many teachers do not come in...so the children will sit in the auditorium to watch a movie, schools have turned into babysitters. Well, I'm semi essential so gonna try getting to work...hope MTA is on my side

Dreaming of a cruise

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have to laugh at the logic of people. I live in ne ohio. Lakewood police have started ticketed people walking in the street to school, but not citing the people who have not cleared the 6-8 inches of snow we got over the weekend. The school system stopped bussing because of budget cuts.

We apologize for the delay in Cruise Critic enjoyment. We feel your pain! While our boards were not functional, the other sections of our site were up and running. We do hope that you were able to get your cruise fix by looking at our news, member reviews, and other sections of our site.

We did have to roll back the forums just a bit so you may notice that some posts are not visible. We encourage you to re-post if you can.

Also, Just a note that search is still being worked on, so it is not functional at the moment.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to email.