Opinions about New Suite Benefits

FIRELT5

As I thought when I received the survey, Sky Suites will be excluded. I wonder if the existing benefits for Sky Suites will stay in place?

Looks like X is following RCI's current system (no surprise since Bayley came from RCI) where the Junior Suite is not considered a true suite and most of the suite perks do not apply other than priority boarding and double cruise points. Guess we will know when X adds this information to their website. Good timing on their part since they are getting ready to release next years itineraries and prices.

Edited by cruisingator2

I might be wrong, but I think the only thing that changed is that suite guests get some more free drinks, and free access to specialty restaurants ( which was long over due, as many other lines give more out to their suite guests), and have their own restaurant. The restaurant does have to be big as the amount of suite passengers is small anyway( but it still might be a challenge on the m-class. And as for the Michael's club, they basically already have this available for celebrity suites and above ( and it seems like they are going to keep it that way). But honestly suite guests can pretty much anything they want now in their cabin, so having Michael's club maybe won't appeal as much. It will be interesting to see if sky suites get access to the "suite" restaurant. But it's easier to focus on a smaller amount of passengers so I think sky suites will probably not be included in most of these new benefits.

Here's the official press release from Celebrity's site

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/tabLanding.do?pagename=footer_pages_about_celebrity#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/aboutceleb/pressRoomDetails.do%3Fevent_date=2014-02-12&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A&pageNumber=

It's unclear to me whether or not Blu access will remain for suite guests. I kinda hope not since a new restaurant will be created.

Just like high end gated community's at home! The Oprah and Donald wanna be's won't have to associate with the minions :D

Opp's, unless they want to sit by the pool:rolleyes:

Now if only we could get the roped off area at the pool like RCL has. Richard

here is the X release:

Celebrity Cruises unveils new exceptional 'Suite Class' experience beginning April 2015

Email

FEBRUARY 12, 2014

Discerning guests who desire the very best in modern luxury vacations will soon be able to indulge in Celebrity Cruises' new 'Suite Class' experience. This will be fully introduced on Celebrity's state-of-the-art ships during April 2015. With exclusive new benefits including a suites-only restaurant, VIP lounge, complimentary premium beverages, plus more, the newly launched Suite Class is designed to create the ultimate luxurious experience. Guests will enjoy incredible service from the moment they arrive with their personal butler taking care of every detail. This is the only way to travel.

From the one-of-a-kind Reflection Suite, with its jaw-dropping ocean views and unique cantilevered shower, to the stylish Sky Suites, Celebrity's exceptional Suite Class experience is designed to set the standard in modern luxury vacations around the world.

The new Suite Class will include:

Private dining - A dedicated private restaurant reserved exclusively for all Suite Class guests will be available morning, noon and night. Each meal will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else onboard. Guests can truly immerse themselves in the local culture with specially crafted menus inspired by the local destination, and enjoy the world's best ingredients. Memorable and inspiring dishes will be served, from locally caught seafood, to the freshest pasta. The Suite Class chef can provide a tailor-made experience to suite guests and prepare a dish to their liking, and the Cellar Master - Celebrity's head sommelier - will select from more than 450 wines to provide the perfect pairing.

Premium 'all in' benefits - Premium beverages, dining across all specialty restaurants, unlimited internet access and a private bar with water, sodas and beers will all be complimentary for guests staying in Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites.

VIP lounge - A private VIP lounge, Michael's Club, will be available to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites. A dedicated Concierge service and unique food and beverage experiences by Celebrity's James Beard-featured chef will be provided to guests.

"Our guests are accustomed to exceptional quality and service, and for those wishing to further indulge in the very best while on vacation we have launched 'Suite Class', specially designed to appeal to the most discerning vacationer,” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "We know that suite guests value privacy, personalized service, exclusive access and flexibility, and providing them with their own unique benefits, such as a dedicated restaurant with a dining experience like no other, is just another way that we are significantly elevating the guest's vacation with us."

Suite guests will also continue to enjoy a large number of benefits including:

The Celebrity 'Suite Class' welcome - Guests will receive priority check-in and embarkation

Legendary butler service - From unpacking guests' luggage to booking the best destination experiences on land, the Suite Class butler will be on hand 24 hours a day to ensure seamless, dedicated and personalized service.

The Suite Class experience will also include a daily high-end afternoon tea service served in the guest's spacious and beautifully-designed suite.

Luxurious stateroom amenities and benefits – As well as enjoying spacious suites with verandas that showcase sweeping ocean views, guests can indulge in a variety of luxury amenities including deluxe Bulgari bathroom amenities, plush robes, premium bedding and an indulgent pillow menu. A host of other extras will also be provided during the guest's vacation including reserved theater seating for all Suite Class guests.

Edited by dodger1964

Also posted on facebook...a reply from X...a poster said that bistro on 5 being closed for this....X replied that NO...they were going to use a "section of the MDR" for the suite dining!!

That doesn't exactly sound like private dining to me. Whatever. I'll still to my peon class staterooms lol

Also posted on facebook...a reply from X...a poster said that bistro on 5 being closed for this....X replied that NO...they were going to use a "section of the MDR" for the suite dining!!

Saw that as well.

So by carving out a separate section -- complete with walls, and presumably more spacious surroundings, etc -- what will the impact be on the already-increasingly crowded MDR?

Hard to tell what the impact will be on the serfs like me. It sounds like this will involve carve-outs of space for a new restaurant and/or other exclusive spaces. Unless the X ships involved get an extensive retrofit to add more space it will mean removing space and venues from everyone else.

On NCL's new ships the Haven areas were included in the original design and didn't involve any take-always. I guess we need to see if X ends up like Cunard where the best accommodations get the best food and the serfs get beans and weenies.

Blu was carved out of the upper level of the MDR on the M-class ships. This new restaurant may take the rest of the upper level. That would seem to leave too little room for everybody else.

On S-class, they haven't yet carved up the MDR so maybe it won't have as much impact.

The suites are better located (IMHO) than the AQ cabins, so a Sky Suite becomes a good alternative for those looking for the higher level of food that Celebrity used to be known for.

See Laura's sticky for link to Celebrity's new concept

Curious about other opinions

I'm a veteran of 20 sailings mostly on Celebrity but also on other lines who is not happy. Celebrity is or maybe "was" my favorite cruiseline -- just off a wonderful Constellation sailing and booked another (Silhouette) onboard.

Where exactly will this Suite Restaurant be put? Am I going to lose Bistro on 5 -- a favorite eating spot? What other public space will we lose (making other public areas more crowded)? Reflections on Constellation was cut -- not such a nice room anymore. And Michaels Club for Suite guests. What a shame, that gone too. Theater seats in a special reserved section for Suite guests.

Beginning to feel like a second class passenger -- alcoves blocking the view up on deck, we were kicked out of the sky lounge when relaxing on Solstice class b4 for an Elite gathering (I'm only "Select") in a not-nice way by Captains Club hostess. Downgrading of Captains Club cocktail party. Actually, the number of Captains Club members was announced as very high but it didn't seem like Celebrity is happy about the loyal guests just that we were a lot to handle. I remember going up to the top lounge on a RCCL ship to catch the view & have a drink and instead of the sea I got to watch the derriere's of the rock climbing wall participants instead.

I guess I'm not Elite enough or Suite (sweet?) enough for Celebrity.

On the other hand, I can certainly understand suite guests being given all the other perks such as butlers, more space & nicer amenities in the suite, liquor, etc. that don't affect the quality of other guests experience.

I just wish Celebrity would think about what they are taking away from the rest of us when they cater to the "exclusive" (that is their word in the press release) guests.