Guarantee Suite?

Lightngsvt

I called today for some last minute info in deciding between Reflection 3/22 or Silhouette 3/23 and for $120 PP we can get guarantee suite. Seeing that the cheapest AQ or Sky is $1999 it seems like a good deal. However im not sure about leaving cabin location up to fate. Have you done this and was it a good experience? Would you do it again?

I called today for some last minute info in deciding between Reflection 3/22 or Silhouette 3/23 and for $120 PP we can get guarantee suite. Seeing that the cheapest AQ or Sky is $1999 it seems like a good deal. However im not sure about leaving cabin location up to fate. Have you done this and was it a good experience? Would you do it again?

Yes, we did a Suite Gty once on the Reflection for around $100 extra pp total. We were assigned an S2 cabin. Some were lucky and were assigned S1s and ASs. It was well worth it to me. You are likely to get an S2 and many of them are under Oceanview Cafe. We had 2129 and we were happy with our decision.

Good luck.

We did a suite gty on the equinox 14 day transatlantic and were immediately assigned a sky suite. 4 days later it was changed to a celebrity suite. We did a happy dance like you can't believe!

Edited by terigo

So how did you get upgraded 4 days into your cruise? So its most likely to be a S2 Sky suite? Where are most of those cabins located? So for the few cabins left we are looking at:

C1 - $1249 PP

A1 - $1279 pp

GTY Suite - $1499 pp

I just dont want to have an aft cabin, mid ship is my choice.

So how did you get upgraded 4 days into your cruise? So its most likely to be a S2 Sky suite? Where are most of those cabins located? So for the few cabins left we are looking at:

C1 - $1249 PP

A1 - $1279 pp

GTY Suite - $1499 pp

I took their post as they booked a SG and were assigned a Sky suite and then four days later their cabin category was moved up to a CS. Not while they were on their cruise but before the sail date.

C1 - $1249 PP

A1 - $1279 pp

GTY Suite - $1499 pp

Although you can switch to another cabin in the same category one has to be available. As I recall most of the S2 cabins Are in the back 1/3 of the ship and some are facing aft. The best S1s are on the aft corners. If you will be really disappointed if you are Aft I

recommend you not take the risk.

You can check the deck plan for details.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Yeah, I wasn't very specific...We booked a suite guarantee and got the sky suite. 4 days after booking the gty, we got upgraded to the celebrity suite. Lots more perks with the CS than the SS, unless you are elite, in which case you will get the same perks.

I must be asleep, as I've never noticed an offer for a suite guaranty. I'd hate to give up a choice Aqua for an SS, but it would be tempting for the chance of getting a real suite. I doubt DW would buy into it, so it's really academic.

I must be asleep, as I've never noticed an offer for a suite guaranty. I'd hate to give up a choice Aqua for an SS, but it would be tempting for the chance of getting a real suite. I doubt DW would buy into it, so it's really academic.

X has added a SG for our upcoming sailing on the 3/15 Reflection sailing. Suites are moving slow.

The only thing I will caution about is the location of the SS. If they put you on deck12, I can guarantee you won't get a decent nights sleep because those SS are located directly below the galley for the buffet, and it's at night when they do all cleaning, repair work and major dish washing. All night long we heard nothing but pounding, and the sound of metal racks being rolled in and out of the washers. It sounded like a freight train all night long. Even the onboard booking agent admitted it was a huge design failure.

We too changed our booking to a Suite Guarantee last Fall.

We had originally booked a S1, but at the time of the Guarantee offer, there were no Sky Suites left, so we felt that we had nothing to lose by taking our booking out of the original status, and decided to see what we would ultimately get. We were given a Royal Suite. Needless to say, we were very pleased.

My only bit of advice is...be prepared to be pleased with whatever Celebrity decides to book. It's a crap shoot...but sometimes you win.

I booked a guarantee inside cabin last year on the Summit in the Caribbean. There was no upgrade at all. That was OK, as I'm not picky about location, but I have to say I have had better luck on another cruise lines, and was a little disappointed when I got, well, a guarantee on the cabin category I booked!

The only thing I will caution about is the location of the SS. If they put you on deck12, I can guarantee you won't get a decent nights sleep because those SS are located directly below the galley for the buffet, and it's at night when they do all cleaning, repair work and major dish washing. All night long we heard nothing but pounding, and the sound of metal racks being rolled in and out of the washers. It sounded like a freight train all night long. Even the onboard booking agent admitted it was a huge design failure.

Thinking about doing a Suite Guarantee, please tell me what cabin and ship you were on? Would love the extra room but after reading this I am very concerned about not being able to sleep all night long.

We took a Suite GTY on Reflection for a 11-night European cruise, right before the TA. We were assigned an S1 back aft (1688). Besides being back aft with the wrap-around balcony, the view was obstructed completely to the starboard side with some huge contraption (window washing machine). Besides that and the long walk back & forth, there was less closet and drawer space than the S2 GTY we were in a year earlier.

We took a Suite GTY on Reflection for a 11-night European cruise, right before the TA. We were assigned an S1 back aft (1688). Besides being back aft with the wrap-around balcony, the view was obstructed completely to the starboard side with some huge contraption (window washing machine). Besides that and the long walk back & forth, there was less closet and drawer space than the S2 GTY we were in a year earlier.

Did the same thing on the same cruise, but got deck 8 and LOVED this S1!! No obstructions and as we spent our 3 weeks out of one carry on for each, space was not an issue. Guess you never know....

We did a GTY suite on our TA last November on the Reflection, we were assigned an Aqua Class Suite which is probably the best of both worlds.

I understand that if you get a GTY you can call your agent and see if any other cabins in the same class are available if so you can swap. I would take the GTY for 240 in a heartbeat to tell the truth and not even look back.

Thinking about doing a Suite Guarantee, please tell me what cabin and ship you were on? Would love the extra room but after reading this I am very concerned about not being able to sleep all night long.

Although I heard some noise in cabin 2129 on the Reflection. it was not an issue for us. The Ocean View cafe was above us, but I cannot even imagine how the Gallery could be above any of the suites or outside cabins. Perhaps she was in an inside cabin? Or perhaps it was one of the drink stations? I do not believe that they have a dishwasher in the drink station.