Recent Emerald Cruisers - Pillow Question

Javaholic

I've read quite a few comments about how terrible the pillows are. But reading the gals blog, she mentioned getting new pillows recently.

I have neck problems, but my pillow is too heavy to make bringing it feasible. I will buy new pillows at Costco or someplace in FL if need be. We are there for 2 days before the cruise, so I will have time. But, if I don't need to, that would be great.

We are on Caribe deck in 3wks. Anyone with recent experience that can comment? Thanks in advance.

There is usually a mixture of pillows, four to a queen bed. If you want different pillows, ask your steward. I pack a baby pillow that I use to supplement the pillows, as a lumbar pillow on loungers, etc.

Edited by Pam in CA

I've read quite a few comments about how terrible the pillows are. But reading the gals blog, she mentioned getting new pillows recently.

I have neck problems, but my pillow is too heavy to make bringing it feasible. I will buy new pillows at Costco or someplace in FL if need be. We are there for 2 days before the cruise, so I will have time. But, if I don't need to, that would be great.

We are on Caribe deck in 3wks. Anyone with recent experience that can comment? Thanks in advance.

There is absolutely no problem with Princess pillows. We recently sailed on the Emerald and we had the usual two soft pillows each, and I asked Stewart for another pillow, and he gave me a very nice large and heavy pillow. So you only have to ask.

Hi. I think you emailed me about this, but today is the first time I've been able to respond. :)

You should have the new pillows when you board, but they are very firm and quite big. DH is still using the old ones; I've replaced three old ones with one new one, and I'm still sleeping on the edge of it.

Whatever your pillow choice, they should probably be able to accommodate you as they have a mixture now.

I have neck issues and need to sleep on a fairly flat pillow. I use a chiropractic pillow at home and might bring it for my 25 day cruise this year.

On the Emerald in Oct., it was interesting that I had 4 levels of pillows so I was fine, just used the least stuffed! :) In the past, I just ask the steward they are glad to help.

Thanks everyone, this helps a lot. I like fairly firm, but soft enough it molds around my neck. Not picky about very much, except this. I hate headaches :).

PA - I did email, but figured you were busy, no worries. Love reading your blog.

JPL - enjoying your blog too.

Starting to pack, which is a fun way to spend a dreary, rainy day. We booked almost a yr ago, so hard to believe we are less than 3 wks away. I can hardly wait for sunshine.

On port side Aloha deck aft on the Jan. 8th cruise our pillows were old and worn out. Our steward kept pushing all of the stuffing that was left to one side to make them firmer, but then they were about 10 wide so that didn't work. I like a firm pillow, and even with the firm pillow I bought in Fort L. I had to use 2 of the Princess pillows. They needed to be replaced.

Pillows are so subjective that I always buy a new one before I sail so that I have just what I want. On our b2b next month we're driving so I can bring my own.