S Class - Aqua Class - Heated Loungers

mickeysgal

Currently considering giving up my 1A balcony...Aqua class is currently $100 pp higher. If it comes down a bit in price, I may consider switching. The heated loungers sound wonderful, but for those that had Aqua class...are the loungers readily available or are they always being used? Seems like from what I've seen, there aren't that many to go around.

Currently considering giving up my 1A balcony...Aqua class is currently $100 pp higher. If it comes down a bit in price, I may consider switching. The heated loungers sound wonderful, but for those that had Aqua class...are the loungers readily available or are they always being used? Seems like from what I've seen, there aren't that many to go around.

We were always able to get one whenever we wanted on Solstice last year - I should say 2 -one for DH and one for myself. We went in the afternoon around 3pm - 4pm.

On the eclipse last march we weren't in aqua class but paid for access. Not once was I able to use a lounger. They were full every time we tried to go together. My girlfriend said she was able to use one once when I wasn't with her. I was extremely disappointed paying for it.

I'd guess like everything else it's varies by sailing.

I think lounger availability depends partially on your itinerary. They're more likely to be used on colder weather days, and on sea days. They will get full ... But GENERALLY people don't spend hours & hours on the loungers. If the loungers are full you can always have a steam or a sauna, and often a chair may open up in the interim.

There is also the relaxation lounge if you want quiet comfie chairs for reading. Both the relaxation room & Persian Gardens are intended to be Quiet Zones.

Of course there are other benefits for Aqua Class - for us the primary being access to Blu. The bottles of water are great too (especially if you don't have a beverage package).

To heck with the loungers. I would switch to AQ just to eat in Blu.

DW and I never had an issue getting a lounger. We have cruised in AQ four times and are booked once again in AQ. However, we usually went in the early afternoon so that could be the reason. As others have said for $100 pp it appears to be a no brainer.

Ok - yikes...you all are making me rethink to now possibly upgrading to Aqua class.

With the search function down...

- how bad is the noise from up above from the pool area. Do you hear a lot of pool music, vibrations, general noise?

- do the balconies have foot rests?

Ok - yikes...you all are making me rethink to now possibly upgrading to Aqua class.

With the search function down...

- how bad is the noise from up above from the pool area. Do you hear a lot of pool music, vibrations, general noise?

- do the balconies have foot rests?

Balconies DO have foot rests! :D

Depending on which ship (S-class vs. M-Class) - we were on the Silhouette in AQ2 and had cabins above and below us. Very quiet cabin with no noise heard from pool. Look for a cabin from the mid-aft elevator towards aft for one of the quieter cabins.

you can buy a pass for Persian Garden/single or double for week

don't have to be in AQ

I have gone to the spa people if the passengers are on them for more

than 20 min if others are waiting & particularly if they fall asleep & snore...

they are suppose to tell passengers 20 min limit/that works

Barb

There has never been a 20 minute rule to use the thermal loungers. Furthermore, if I'm paying extra to be in aqua class, you better believe I am not going to vacate after just 20 minutes. Maybe 45 minutes to an hour max, but not 20 minutes.

There is no signage in the thermal Spa stating a limit. There is just a sign to say quiet

Edited by 4cats4me

Just off the Reflection Aqua Class... We changed from a 1A and are so glad we did! Never waited for a lounger... Never waited for Blu. We loved everything about Blu. ImageUploadedByForums1392812582.933317.jpg.3276869b2ec86bcdb051458bf6aaef72.jpgIt was a fantastic experience! We rebooked while in the ship and guess what? Aqua class all the way! :-) only down side is that you may never want to do anything else.

Notice how empty the loungers are in my pic...this was fairly normal on our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1392812561.634630.jpg.f52f288a371115a9649c8d4d5c211ec0.jpg

Edited by bjarrett7

It depends on when you go, before or after an excursion, late at night, early in the morning. DW and I don't do much on excursions, so when everyone gets off the ship, we hit the Spa and afterwards we go ashore and do our thing. Mostly the Spa/Persian is empty when we went in them around those times. Good Luck.

Just to be clear, the Reflection PG does have twice as many of these loungers compared to all the other PG in Solstice class ship

I'm glad to hear this. We were on Eclipse in AQ and almost never had a problem getting 2 loungers, although not always side by side. But we'll be on Reflection in May, and I've been hearing that everything for AQ is more crowded because there are more AQ cabins and the new AQ suites. Is the set up the same, with the same lovely floor to ceiling windows, but the room is just longer? For the record, we also enjoyed the Relaxation Room on occasion and are also hoping that we won't be fighting for seats there.

We were on the Equinox T/A last fall and there were times you could not get a lounger. It got so bad that the Spa sent a letter advising everyone that reservations had to be made to use the loungers and a 20 minute limit. There were some early times of the day that you did not need reservations.

I'm glad to hear this. We were on Eclipse in AQ and almost never had a problem getting 2 loungers, although not always side by side. But we'll be on Reflection in May, and I've been hearing that everything for AQ is more crowded because there are more AQ cabins and the new AQ suites. Is the set up the same, with the same lovely floor to ceiling windows, but the room is just longer? For the record, we also enjoyed the Relaxation Room on occasion and are also hoping that we won't be fighting for seats there.

We used the relaxation room many times... Other than a few persons waiting for their appointments, we were the only ones in there... It's almost like people didn't know they could use it. We loved reading our books in there with the aromatherapy, spa music and tea... Totally felt pampered ...

you can buy a pass for Persian Garden/single or double for week

don't have to be in AQ

I have gone to the spa people if the passengers are on them for more

than 20 min if others are waiting & particularly if they fall asleep & snore...

they are suppose to tell passengers 20 min limit/that works

Barb

In this particular case getting the pass for a week will cost almost as much as the upgrade..For $100 you get Persian Gardens and Blu. As others have said it is a no brainer.

We have sailed many times in AQ. The only time that we had to wait to get a available pass into the Persain Gardwas was on the Reflectiom. While waing we went to the relaxation room for 30 minutes and then went back and there were still no passes available. The attendant let us in without one. There were many loungers not being used. Don't know where the people were.

It also is not necessary to get two next to each other because it is requested as a courtesy to others you should not be carrying on a conversation. There is a sign but some don't notice or just ignore it.

As other have wrote there is more to AQ than the Persian Gardens.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅🍸🍻