Labadee zipline

CaribbeanCrush

It takes awhile. We did it a couple of years ago. You get outfitted with a harness, then go do a short practice run, then bus up the hill. We were the last group to go so it took some time. They run 4 or 5 lines at a time (don't remember the number). I'm guessing it was a couple hours but may be wrong. I will say that it was a great experience. My wife, who is afraid of heights, loved it and wants to do it again. It's pretty pricey, but it is a really unique experience. If you do it, take a camera as the view from the tower is spectacular.

If the price doesn't scare you, I'd say do it. It's the longest overwater zip line in the world, and you never know when you'll get another chance.

It takes awhile. We did it a couple of years ago. You get outfitted with a harness, then go do a short practice run, then bus up the hill. We were the last group to go so it took some time. They run 4 or 5 lines at a time (don't remember the number). I'm guessing it was a couple hours but may be wrong. I will say that it was a great experience. My wife, who is afraid of heights, loved it and wants to do it again. It's pretty pricey, but it is a really unique experience. If you do it, take a camera as the view from the tower is spectacular.

If the price doesn't scare you, I'd say do it. It's the longest overwater zip line in the world, and you never know when you'll get another chance.

That sounds like about how much time it took my wife do it a couple of years ago.

Not worth the money in our opinion, but even more so not worth the time invested for a 45 second ride. Yes it was close to two hours........

You WAIT to check in, WAIT to get your harness, WAIT to go on the practice run, WAIT to ride up the hill, and WAIT to do the short run. Two hours spending most of it standing around. Yeah the ride itself was OK, but we wished we hadn't spent the money or that much time. :rolleyes: Others here will say they loved it but we didn't feel that way.

Edited by bouhunter

Thanks for the info. Just booked this for myself and DD for March. She just made the height requirement by 1/2 inch.

How much time should we alot for the zipline in Labadee. I'd like to try it, but I really enjoy the beach time there.

We were in the first group of the day and I think it took about between 1.5 and 2 hours. Once people started coming down it was probably at least 10-15 minutes coming down the slide. I was in the second group, so it may have been longer had I been in the last group to go down

There was still plenty of time to walk around Labadee afterward

I did the Zip Line last July. It cost 95.00 at the time. And, yes, the 1 1/2 to 2 hour time frame is correct. First, you sign up. Then, you wait for a small group to form before getting a safety briefing and harness wearing instructions. Then you go to the small zip line area where you go for a short "trial run" of maybe 100 feet. If you don't think you will like it, your money is refunded. Then you are transported by truck (horribly bumpy ride) to the top of the mountain to the zip line loading area. From there you form five lines and, in turn, you are attached to the line and sent on your way. I loved it, but I guess it's not for everyone. Hope this helps. By the way, where is there a better one in the Caribbean? I would love to go on it!!

OH MY

DO IT!

Althought pricey it was worth every cent.

Besides you do not go to Labadee every day:D

We also did it early in the morning, the first group.

We did not have to wait for anyone.

Although the anticipation built before we went down, it was great.

Since then I have been on 6 other zip line excursions, in the Carribean.

Love it Love it.

You will not regret it.

Sea Ya

I did the Zip Line last July. It cost 95.00 at the time. And, yes, the 1 1/2 to 2 hour time frame is correct. First, you sign up. Then, you wait for a small group to form before getting a safety briefing and harness wearing instructions. Then you go to the small zip line area where you go for a short "trial run" of maybe 100 feet. If you don't think you will like it, your money is refunded. Then you are transported by truck (horribly bumpy ride) to the top of the mountain to the zip line loading area. From there you form five lines and, in turn, you are attached to the line and sent on your way. I loved it, but I guess it's not for everyone. Hope this helps. By the way, where is there a better one in the Caribbean? I would love to go on it!!

There is a multi station zip line in Jamaica and Honduras that once you get up to the first platform your feet don't touch the ground until the end some 10 stations later.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Labadee zip line is a must do;bucket list kind of thing! We have done it twice dragging friends with us each time and we are all in agreement. While a bit pricey, IMO so worth it! We schedule the first time available and within two hours we are enjoying Labadoozies on the beach:)

I did the Zipline March 2010 and I liked it. Had my camera with me (had to tie it on my wrist) and made a movie.

I was in one of the first groups and it was not that much waiting. The practice jump and the truck ride up the hill are already fun. It took less then 2 hours and was a little bit expensive but the view up there is worth the money. (overall I did something "good" with my money as it was right after the earthquake in Haiti and RCI spended a percentage (if not everything; can't remember) of the money you spent in Labadee for the victims !)

I think you'll find several youtube videos with the jump. I would do it again.