Specialty with a 2 year old!! Oasis

the being charged full price also discourages people from bringing very young children who are not socially mature enough to handle these kinds of experiences.

Unfortunately this doesn't discourage some adults who are not socially mature enough to handle these kinds of experiences from showing up!:rolleyes:

if you do not get charged, or get charged less consider it some unexpected luck.

Here is the NCL policy. It would be nice and family friendly if RCI did the same or similar. This is a very reasonably policy in my opinion.

"Children 3 years old and younger always eat free, and children 4 - 12 can choose from a complimentary kids menu or can enjoy the full specialty menu for 50% off."

Here is the NCL policy. It would be nice and family friendly if RCI did the same or similar. This is a very reasonably policy in my opinion.

"Children 3 years old and younger always eat free, and children 4 - 12 can choose from a complimentary kids menu or can enjoy the full specialty menu for 50% off."

That is a great policy although if a child is ordering a full entree then I still would have no problems paying the full price.

Actually, no. They do not have children's menus in these specialty restaurants for a reason. While they will now permit them to dine without time restrictions, they really don't want to encourage them either. Thus, there is no special pricing.

The rule is very clear and makes sense to me. Do you really want my little darling ruining your dinner? I don't think so. So, you will never see my children in the specialty restaurants. You can thank me later.

I'm sorry that you can't control your children enough and have to hide them from the world. The rule is clear indeed, children are allowed and welcomed.

every restaruarnt every where does not need to bend over backwards and be 'family friendly'. a few people do actually want to enjoy a romantic evening without any children nearby, well behaved or otherwise.

I'm sorry that you can't control your children enough and have to hide them from the world. The rule is clear indeed, children are allowed and welcomed.

The rule is very clear and makes sense to me. Do you really want my little darling ruining your dinner? I don't think so. So, you will never see my children in the specialty restaurants. You can thank me later.

Some kids can handle it, some cannot. The OP obviously feels comfortable with his child's ability to sit quietly for an extended period and eat late. Each to their own! As a family we still eat between 6:30 and 7, which why choices and options are great. (And my kids are 27, 29, 31, 32, 34!)

I love to see well behaved kids enjoying family time. There is nothing so special. My DH and I always had an exit strategy in case someone had a meltdown, so our kids, being kids and not always socially appropriate, did not bother other people.

I do remember someone posting about a limited numbers of high chairs or booster seats in the specialty restaurants. I am not sure if this is a real problem or just a problem for that one poster.

That was an "interesting" response to a previous poster. Having taught school for 38 years I know that even the most well behaved child can be "fretful" when in new surroundings or they're tired after a busy day or they just get tired of sitting through a long multi-course meal.

It's my guess that the poster does take his children out into the world and out to eat but not necessarily to fine dining establishments until they're a bit older.

Just my thoughts .... :rolleyes:

No judgment either way but .... I think the target demographic may be different for NCL and RCCL.

I think kids are "welcome" on both lines but NCL is known for its "freestyle cruising" which lends itself very well to families and market mainly to a younger group while RCCL seems to be more traditional features available.

Did not mean to start a war here!!! I was actually so surprised at how warm the crew and other passengers were towards my one year old!! He was rather nuts at the time!!! We ate in all specialty except for Murano and spent the other nights in Blu. We do not feel comfortable ruining other diners meals. We know enough that if he is a bit crazy its time to go!! I really want to try 150, We will attempt at an early time!! With regards to being charged, obviously it will be something we have to deal with. I would agree to the previous posts about taking up a chair, however he is in a high chair. I could not see them charging if he wasn't eating. Maybe we will bring in some chicken nuggets from the boardwalk for him!! Thanks for all the responses!!

What does 150 and the chef's table have against little children . They should be allowed to enjoy dining anywhere we are willing to pay . They should not be discriminated against for any reason .

No, they should not. There is no problem with having some family-friendly venues (in this case the majority) but reserving some for an adult experience! I'm totally in agreement with spookwife (and with RCI, which is even more important! ;) )

every restaruarnt every where does not need to bend over backwards and be 'family friendly'. a few people do actually want to enjoy a romantic evening without any children nearby, well behaved or otherwise.

One great parent!

I'm sure the parents posting here are great about seeing their kids are good in restaurants but the stigma to little ones comes from children like in the family that was seated near us on our Valentine's Day steakhouse outing.

Mom, Dad and a 2-3 year old. It was 8:20pm when they were seated. Soon afterwards the child began crying and yelling. The parents ignored him and smiled while they told the waitress that if they ignored him, he'd quit. It went on and on even while the parents went ahead and ordered their dinner. No one in our area of the restaurant could carry on a conversation - it was miserable. Next thing you saw was customers ordering "to go boxes" and getting the heck out of there.

It leaves a bad impression at the idea of late evening dining with little ones.