Can you spot the difference?

From a quick glimpse they appear to be almost identical but there are quite a few differences, particularly in the superstructure. There also appear to be differences in the cabin layout although it's hard to see as the top photo is a bit dark. To me it looks like the second ship has a slightly stepped out section, amidships, over several decks.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes , They are P&O Arcadia and Costa Deliziosa.

Both Vista Class Design ships, but both with modifications to set them apart. Arcadia has an interesting history.....

P & O's Arcadia was contracted for in 2000 by Holland America. But in 2003 she was allocated to Cunard to become the Queen Elizabeth further unifying the Carnival brands with the Vista class hull. Prior to launching the ship she was transferred to P & O and named Arcadia. She still sports the Cunard style funnel.

QE will be in Auckland tomorrow

P & O Arcadia also uses the Azipod propulsion system and is the only ship in P & O's fleet to have such.

Today she is an adults only cruise ship. There is a 2 story main dining room serving traditional British cruise fare together with 3 specialty restaurants. Together with a 3 tier theatre, numerous bars and lounges, and a movie theatre featuring a 30 foot screen.

Arcadia Facts:

Year built: 2005

Shipyard:

Fincantieri, Italy

Registry: British

GRT: 83,000 tons

Length: 935 feet

Beam: 106 feet

Public Decks: 11

Passengers: 1,952

Crew:

Space Ratio: 42.5

Costa Deliziosa Facts:

Year built: 2010

Shipyard: Fincantieri Shipyards Marghera, Italy

Registery: Italy

GRT: 92,700 tons

Length: 964.5 feet

Public Decks: 11

Passengers: 2826

Crew: 1050

Space Ratio: 33

Vista class ships were made in Fincantieri Shipyards Marghera, Italy.

They are the noisiest ships we have ever been on - (after experiencing Arcadia, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth). They creak and groan something unbelievable. I believe it has something to do with their internal wall panels.

I know that all ships creak and groan -- but nothing like these.

Barry

The Costa Deliziosa is a mix of the best of the VISTA class and

SPIRIT class into one, and I did the world cruise on the Costa Deliziosa last year and the experience was fantastic, food was to my liking and activities were very low key.We had a oceanview cabin and I did not experience any untoward noises or creaks on it except when we encountered some rough seas after San Francisco, it did moan and groan a bit then as barry said.

Regards Frank.