Summit Aqua Class cabins info

phoenix_dream

I'm sure if the search function was working, I could find info on this, but without it not so much. This question refers to Aqua Class cabins.

What has been people's experience when sailing on deck 9 as respects noise in particular?

Other AQ cabins are on deck 11 aft. Any pros or cons? We cannot get the ones all the way in the back for the sailing we are on, so info on the side view cabins please.

Thank you!!

Our last two cruises (2013) on Summit were deck 9. We had no issue with noise at all at any time. Loved the covered balcony. Nice and shaded, but did not feel closed in. The balconys on deck 11 are open to the sun, so not an option for us. However, these cabins are new so the interiors would be fresher than deck 9.

Same thoughts as Lady Arwen. We were in 9131 - near mid-ship elevators, but aft a little. We loved the covered balcony - always shade in the afternoon. The cabin was very quiet - no noise at all from above or anywhere. I thought the cabin was very clean and well-maintained and no issues at all other than the shower leaked a bit - you had to be careful how you closed it - but that is a design flaw I think with all those AQ cabins on 9. I'd pick a leaky door over a curtain though any day.

We've been in 1116 and it was wonderful....would opt for it over Deck 9 rooms everytime. They are brand new, have bigger balconies and the views of the night sky are great since there is only a small overhang on these. The deck is VERY private, so no noise factor at all. We've already booked same room on Infinity....:)

We were in AQ on Infinity, 9060. The cabin was right below a small building on the pool deck, which meant not someone banging around up there above our cabin. Deck nine M class are fine, but DW didn't like the overhang.

From what others tell me, Deck 11 AQ is great, but is costs more.

I'm sure if the search function was working, I could find info on this, but without it not so much. This question refers to Aqua Class cabins.

What has been people's experience when sailing on deck 9 as respects noise in particular?

Other AQ cabins are on deck 11 aft. Any pros or cons? We cannot get the ones all the way in the back for the sailing we are on, so info on the side view cabins please.

Thank you!!

Just off the Summit yesterday cabin 1130 (aqua class)…loved the cabin, the sunset bar below was not loud or annoying ever. The balcony is 10 x 10…great size. chairs recline with foot rests and a large table. And about 10 X 6 of it is covered from above so very private. We bragged about the cabin and balcony over and over all week. We would book it again in a heartbeat.

Same thoughts as Lady Arwen. We were in 9131 - near mid-ship elevators, but aft a little. We loved the covered balcony - always shade in the afternoon. The cabin was very quiet - no noise at all from above or anywhere. I thought the cabin was very clean and well-maintained and no issues at all other than the shower leaked a bit - you had to be careful how you closed it - but that is a design flaw I think with all those AQ cabins on 9. I'd pick a leaky door over a curtain though any day.

I have the same cabin on Constellation in about 2 weeks, was a little concerned about noise. Glad to hear it was quiet from above. I think it is the same layout as the Connie.

Thanks for all the good information. One clarification please, do all deck 11 AQ have larger balconies compared to 9 or just the ones facing aft?

The cabins on the side do NOT have the big balconies that the Aft Deck 11 do. The ones on the side are slightly larger than the Deck 9 balconies, they are a bit deeper. In 1116 we had 2 chairs, 2 tables and a foot stool and that didn't feel crowded.

Thanks again for the info. I am struggling with choosing a cabin mid-ship, which is my preference due to motion sensitivity (the 9th floor options) and potentially putting up with a small amount of overhead noise, or a cabin quite far aft (the 11th floor options) with a somewhat larger balcony which is probably a bit more quiet. Since the very aft cabins with the very big balconies are taken, I am leaning towards the mid-ship cabins. Decisions decisions. My son would call this first world problems - nice to have:D:D

Ok, was going back and browsing the boards (darn the lack of the search function:() and there was talk about the AQ cabins on 11 having some problems with the air conditioning. That would be a definite deal breaker for me, being from the north. After all the days of below zero weather this winter even 80 is going to seem like a sauna to me. Has anyone experienced that kind of problem with the deck 11 cabins?

also off the ship yesterday. 36 cruises so far for me. cabin 9088.....did not like it...noise started at 7am every morning(sliding chairs,heavy walkers), luckily i travel with earplugs and could still sleep.i personally didn't like the overhang...we like to sit out on the balcony at night and star gaze.....couldn't see the sky.....if you like to sit on balcony during the day and be shaded, this is a perfect cabin for you. so it all depends on what you like to do.

over all loved the summit. blu was the best dinning that i've experienced on a ship.

didn't like the 123 package...bar tenders seemed less attentive...even with tipping extra often.

We had 9112 on Summit last summer. Very quiet and good location. Didn't care much for the large overhang particularly as it got in the way of my "panoramic" photos. Only real problem was the shower that leaked all over the bathroom floor if we were not very, very careful. (probably fixed by now).

OP,

Would you consider a wait list for an aft on 11. They really are great cabins.

The issues with the leaking shower have occurred on all the M class redo's. Your cabin steward is well aware of the leaking. Just ask for an additional bath mat or additional towels. The shower is great just wish it didn't leak. I thought it was my fault and there was nothing that either my DH or I could do to stop the leaks.

Whichever cabin you choose you will enjoy AQ.

Ok, was going back and browsing the boards (darn the lack of the search function:() and there was talk about the AQ cabins on 11 having some problems with the air conditioning. That would be a definite deal breaker for me, being from the north. After all the days of below zero weather this winter even 80 is going to seem like a sauna to me. Has anyone experienced that kind of problem with the deck 11 cabins?

When we were in 1116 both my husband & I remarked about how the Air conditioning was BETTER than on any other ship we had been on. Not only was it cold but it actually had a fan control from low to high, which I have not seen on other ships. We were sailing in the Caribbean so if it wasn't working right I would have known it. Don't know if this was an issue that you read about that has since been fixed but it sure worked great for us in Dec 2013.

Edited by Gracie115

@gracie115. We are booked in 1116 to Bermuda in July. I was contemplating moving to a suite but the more I think about it I think I am better off staying put.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Unless you were planning on moving to a CS or better I would stay put....I don't think the SS are worth the extra expense and you have no guarantee of eating in Blu, which is our favorite perk of sailing in Aqua class!!!

Thanks again for all your input. Will be calling the TA this morning and making it happen. Changing my mind again (a woman's prerogative, right?) and decided to go for the deck 11 cabins. There is only one sea day and the Southern Caribbean is usually calm so I decided to take a chance on the motion issue and choose the newer and maybe more quiet cabins. With our Captains Club one category upgrade we should be able to get the A1 for the price of the A2 which sweetens the deal. Thanks again for all your help!

We had AQ cabin 1112 on our Summit to Bermuda cruise in August. It was very quiet, well-appointed, and entirely satisfactory except for one thing: whenever it rained, the balcony became a wading pool. Water could not properly drain and it just sat there, making it difficult to use the balcony unless you like sloshing about like a duck.

Crew are well acquainted with the problem but there is no easy fix. As long as it doesn't rain there is no problem. We are contemplating a Canada/NE on the Summit this fall so I am also interested in info about the other AQ cabins.

Am I the only one who finds it a bit frustrating that the AQ cabins on M class ships tend to have worse locations than the CC cabins? (maybe S class also - not an expert on these yet). They are either under the pool, the buffet, or way in the back high up. As they are generally considered a step up from CC I would have thought they would have given them better locations. I personally just never got the pricing model where the higher the floor, the more prestigious and higher priced cabins got (with exceptions made for suites as they have to fit the larger rooms where it makes sense in the ship's layout). When pricing they don't seem to consider that what is above you, and even below you, can make or break a cabin experience as well. Oh well, once again, first world problems:)

Am I the only one who finds it a bit frustrating that the AQ cabins on M class ships tend to have worse locations than the CC cabins? (maybe S class also - not an expert on these yet). They are either under the pool, the buffet, or way in the back high up. As they are generally considered a step up from CC I would have thought they would have given them better locations. I personally just never got the pricing model where the higher the floor, the more prestigious and higher priced cabins got (with exceptions made for suites as they have to fit the larger rooms where it makes sense in the ship's layout). When pricing they don't seem to consider that what is above you, and even below you, can make or break a cabin experience as well. Oh well, once again, first world problems:)

I don't agree about ALL AQ cabins not being in great locations. On the S class nearly half of them are under other staterooms, some are on the hump so the balconies are better, we were in 1610 on Silhouette and it was WONDERFUL location. On the "M" class I agree about the 9th floor rooms but we LOVED the location of the 11th floor rooms. SO private, wonderful views, never had an issue with motion, we didn't experience the flooding on the balcony but the only rain we encountered was a brief shower, so not sure if that's an issue or not. I feel like there are choices for everyone in AQ, have only cruised CC once and just didn't feel it was worth the extra $$ so can't speak to their locations... I'd book an 11th floor AQ everytime on the "M" class, even if there is a bit of an issue with rain....

Edited by Gracie115

We had 9112 on Summit last summer. Very quiet and good location. Didn't care much for the large overhang particularly as it got in the way of my "panoramic" photos. Only real problem was the shower that leaked all over the bathroom floor if we were not very, very careful. (probably fixed by now).
We are are week from sailing on Connie in cabin 9116, 2 down from 9112 and 9131.

Assuming being 2 down will give us the same experience, I am glad to hear that this is a good location.

We will try to keep the bathroom floor dry. ;)

I don't agree about ALL AQ cabins not being in great locations. On the S class nearly half of them are under other staterooms, some are on the hump so the balconies are better, we were in 1610 on Silhouette and it was WONDERFUL location. On the "M" class I agree about the 9th floor rooms but we LOVED the location of the 11th floor rooms. SO private, wonderful views, never had an issue with motion, we didn't experience the flooding on the balcony but the only rain we encountered was a brief shower, so not sure if that's an issue or not. I feel like there are choices for everyone in AQ, have only cruised CC once and just didn't feel it was worth the extra $$ so can't speak to their locations... I'd book an 11th floor AQ everytime on the "M" class, even if there is a bit of an issue with rain....

Good to hear S class has more options for future reference. One persons great location can be another persons last choice. I just always get concerned about being way aft due to motion, and the only other choices are under loud areas. In my 30+ cruises I have sailed a number of times far aft (sometimes at the very end of the ship) in order to get otherwise very nice rooms and being sensitive to motion I have had more than one very unpleasant day when the seas were rough. But with this cruise having only one sea day and sailing in a usually calm area, I do think taking a chance on the 11th floor rooms make sense. Now if that darn TA would only call me back so I can get this finalized!!:)