Zuiderdam Neptune Lounge

wyobean

We sail on June 28, 2014 from Vancouver. Was just told we have been upgraded to a Neptune suite. Sounds wonderful. It includes the Neptune lounge. Most of what I have found is older, so wondering if someone can give me the lowdown...thanks so much....

We had a lovely Neptune Suite on the ms Rotterdam this past December. We received a lovely note for the Hotel Manager outlining everything in our cabin (was also our first cruise) so we wouldn't miss out on the benefits. Not sure if you will receive that as well.

What I'd really loved about the Lounge:

- All types of coffees freely available in the Lounge (Espresso, normal coffee, Cappuccino etc.) from the machine

- All types of good tea freely available in the Lounge

- All types of snacks freely available in the Lounge between 7am-8pm. We had breakfast there most mornings, but I heard not all ships have a fully stocked snacks.

- Three types of other drinks (fresh OJ, Cranberry and Water I think, and sometimes other things)

- Concierge who can help you with all your questions and can reserve a table for you in the restaurants and MDR

What else I loved about the suite life:

- You can have a nice breakfast in the Pinnacle restaurant (different types of breakfast from different nationalities like waffles, miso soup etc.)

- You have fresh flowers *yay*

- Free laundry and dry cleaning (got home with a suitcase full of clean clothing!)

- Meeting the crew

There are many other little perks which were nice, that I'm probably forgetting, but I know you are in for a treat. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cruise_bunnies

The HAL site gives great description of all the benefits.

Among Our favorites are included laundry and dry cleaning, Concierge, breakfast in Pinnacle, priority boarding/tendering, Dining time of our choice and Suite Welcome Aboard Party. :)

Edited by sail7seas

We had a lovely Neptune Suite on the ms Rotterdam this past December. We received a lovely note for the Hotel Manager outlining everything in our cabin (was also our first cruise) so we wouldn't miss out on the benefits. Not sure if you will receive that as well.

What I'd really loved about the Lounge:

- All types of coffees freely available in the Lounge (Espresso, normal coffee, Cappuccino etc.) from the machine

- All types of good tea freely available in the Lounge

- All types of snacks freely available in the Lounge between 7am-8pm. We had breakfast there most mornings, but I heard not all ships have a fully stocked snacks.

- Three types of other drinks (fresh OJ, Cranberry and Water I think, and sometimes other things)

- Concierge who can help you with all your questions and can reserve a table for you in the restaurants and MDR

What else I loved about the suite life:

- You can have a nice breakfast in the Pinnacle restaurant (different types of breakfast from different nationalities like waffles, miso soup etc.)

- You have fresh flowers *yay*

- Free laundry and dry cleaning (got home with a suitcase full of clean clothing!)

- Meeting the crew

There are many other little perks which were nice, that I'm probably forgetting, but I know you are in for a treat. Enjoy your cruise!

The breakfast menu in Pinnacle is the same as MDR. What is so delightful is the outstanding service and the quiet comfort.

Oh, that's good to know. I really loved the french toast, so I guess I have to go to the MDR then on our summer cruise :)

You likely can order it from Room Service during MDR breakfast service times.

Breakfast in the Pinnacle is such a civilized way to start the day. I had the privilege of sailing in a Neptune Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam last December, and enjoyed every single one of my Pinnacle breakfasts.

Roz

Morning -- fresh squeezed orange juice, ice water and cranberry juice (although on one ship we had grape juice).

Afternoon and early evening -- iced tea, ice water and again a choice of either cranberry or grape juice.

The coffee machine is available all day -- regular coffee, decaf coffee, hot water for tea, cappuccino, espresso, lattes.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

Morning -- fresh squeezed orange juice, ice water and cranberry juice (although on one ship we had grape juice).

Afternoon and early evening -- iced tea, ice water and again a choice of either cranberry or grape juice.

The coffee machine is available all day -- regular coffee, decaf coffee, hot water for tea, cappuccino, espresso, lattes.

.... and Hot Chocolate. :)

No problem hijacking my thread.....and I am very worried about going back to a regular room. We went for a balcony on this cruise, well, because it was Alaska...got a bonanza upgrade....going to be tough going back to slumming it! LOL