Yikes is there any hope?

stavy

Just talked to our friends that we're traveling with...Was on the the phone with our TA to change cabins. Got to talking with her and she asked him if he was in the military. He said yes. She said ok..let's see if I can get you a military discount... So here's some other info...when we booked our cruise over a year ago they had the 123 pkg. they chose the classic drink package with the intention of upgrading to premium. So back to the TA. She said I can get you a military discount of $1300 . He said great! He asked if she could send him something that showed what transpired. He got his confirmation and got to looking at it...The discount was there but the bevvie pkg was gone. He called and got someone else and they said they couldn't do anything because the beverage pkg is no longer offered on this cruise. Is there anything they can do to get everything back to the way it was originally? Final payment has been made..It's a 19 day cruise...Help please...

The agent should have told you that you'd lose the beverage package, but given that they didn't and given that the beverage package is worth more than the $1300, I'd suggest you call and get the original person you spoke with.

Explain that you were not informed that you'd lose the package and ask if your reservation can be reverted back to the original booking. Be nice, but be direct and persistent.

Unfortunately it is between you and the TA. Celebrity won't talk to you about your basic booking, pricing and promos if you are booked through a TA. So you're going to have to haggle it out with the TA. I'd think the TA would be negligent in not mentioning that the promo rate wouldn't include the perks you had.

Also, the current 123GO promo runs through the end of the month. Check it out yourself on Celebrity's web site to see for yourself and if your cruise applies. So your TA might not be straight with you on that one. Need to talk with your primary contact there and then with a manager.

Edited by Lsimon

All of the promos have that dreaded *. Whenever I see a price drop I ask the agent if it will affect the promo or perks that I have and not to change anything without discussing it with me. If it involves a senior, military and etc discount the promos are not included and they will be lost if you choose that discount. Shame on the agent for not making that clear.

🌅🚢🍸🍻

The agent should have told you that you'd lose the beverage package, but given that they didn't and given that the beverage package is worth more than the $1300, I'd suggest you call and get the original person you spoke with.

Explain that you were not informed that you'd lose the package and ask if your reservation can be reverted back to the original booking. Be nice, but be direct and persistent.

I agree with this poster. The agent should not have done the price adjustment without telling your friend that he would lose the beverage package. I would talk to the agent and if they are no help start going up the ladder at the agency, explaining that the agent should have told your friend that he was going to lose the beverage package.

Good Luck,

Steve

btw, I would think about looking for a new agent after this sailing as this one apparently didn't know what they were doing !

A good TA should be able to get it back the way it was. That could be done by escalating it back through the Celebrity system. The first person who answers the phone at Celebrity might not be able to do it, but the next person or two up the chain should be able to get it all back for you.

That stinks:mad: If you only did 4 coffees, 2 fresh juice, 4 waters, 2 beers, 4 glasses of wine, and a couple of martinis each day that will cost over $125 a day times 19 days = $2350.00:eek: I would not be a happy cruiser either.

I would be drunk, sick, in pain, not to mention my liver would be on fire!:eek: sorry to comment, but the list you gave sent chills up my spine, and then some!

I would be drunk, sick, in pain, not to mention my liver would be on fire!:eek: sorry to comment, but the list you gave sent chills up my spine, and then some!

With a cup of expresso for breakfast along with a fresh squeeze orange juice, and with desert after dinner? Or a bottle of water each while sitting in the hot sun by the pool, or getting back on the ship after a day in port? A beer with a burger from the Mast grill? A glass of wine with appetizers, and another with the main course? Bottle water instead of refiltered tap with a meal. Then a stop at the Martini bar for a nite cap after the Sin City show? Not to mention maybe a diet soda every now and then. That would make you drunk, sick, in pain and set your liver on fire? A normal morning starts with 2 cups of coffee each at breakfast, and not the syrup crud they serve in the buffet and MDR. Oh and a Perrier here and there.

This is a list for 2 people by the way.

On the Reflection last year we averaged 8-10 non alcoholic drinks each per day that had a cost attached to them. There is a lot more to a beverage package than booze.

Edited by wallie5446

That stinks:mad: If you only did 4 coffees, 2 fresh juice, 4 waters, 2 beers, 4 glasses of wine, and a couple of martinis each day that will cost over $125 a day times 19 days = $2350.00:eek: I would not be a happy cruiser either.

And that is why it makes no sense for me to get a drinks package. I could never drink that much on a sea day, let alone a port day.

With a cup of expresso for breakfast along with a fresh squeeze orange juice, and with desert after dinner? Or a bottle of water each while sitting in the hot sun by the pool, or getting back on the ship after a day in port? A beer with a burger from the Mast grill? A glass of wine with appetizers, and another with the main course? Bottle water instead of refiltered tap with a meal. Then a stop at the Martini bar for a nite cap after the Sin City show? Not to mention maybe a diet soda every now and then. That would make you drunk, sick, in pain and set your liver on fire? A normal morning starts with 2 cups of coffee each at breakfast, and not the syrup crud they serve in the buffet and MDR. Oh and a Perrier here and there.

This is a list for 2 people by the way.

On the Reflection last year we averaged 8-10 non alcoholic drinks each per day that had a cost attached to them. There is a lot more to a beverage package than booze.

Couldn't do that either. 8 non-alcoholic drinks is too much liquid for me in one day. 5-6 drinks per day maybe 7 if its really hot out.

Let's NOT turn this into another 'is the alcohol package a good deal' thread. Instead, let's TRY to keep it on topic ---- that is a Military Veteran is losing a perk if his/her vacation.

This sort of screw up could happen to anyone on any cruise line. Let's just try to help THIS vet get what he/she is entitled to

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

If that were me, I would do one of 3 things......especially if that TA does not charge a penalty...

1. Cancel the cruise with your current TA and then...

2. Book directly with Celebrity....although I think you do

get better pricing with a TA

...my experience, anyway.

3. Find a good TA and re-book with them and ask a lot of

questions and know what you're getting

before putting a deposit down.

I'm really sorry to read this and sorry it happened to you. I also did not know you would lose other perks if you had a military discount...and shame on X. That just does not seem right. :mad: :mad:

It's already past final payment. Hopefully we can get this all straightened out:confused:

Oh no...that's terrible. I would be raising He** with your TA...maybe this is one that TA should have to lose a commission on. I do know of a couple of TA's that have made a mistake or two but made it up to their clients.

And, tripadvisor is a great place to post reviews...good or bad...people need to be informed who the good, bad and ugly TA's are.

The only GOOD part about this is that it was caught before the cruise began - so they have a change at getting it corrected.

I would be LIVID, if it happened to me and I only found out about it once aboard!

Keep at the TA and don't take 'no' for an answer!! Go up the chain until you find the person who can/will make this right!

Was this post necessary? "Chills up your spine"??:rolleyes: Really..........

Each passenger needs to decide for themselves how much the drink package is worth. If you do not drink much, take your own water on board, etc, the drink package may not be worth the full value it is for another passenger.

The OP needs to decide how valuable the package is, then if they want it upgrade yourslf back to standard rate and get it.

Direct your TA to the web page if they are going to tell you the promo is expired. Sorry but that just sounds lazy to tell a customer that.

Each passenger needs to decide for themselves how much the drink package is worth..

And this is what I was trying to point out, that to the OP, the package was worth over a $1000 more than the $1300 discount on their 19 day sailing. Hope they can get the TA that messed this up to get er fixed.

Edited by wallie5446

Let's NOT turn this into another 'is the alcohol package a good deal' thread. Instead, let's TRY to keep it on topic ---- that is a Military Veteran is losing a perk if his/her vacation.

This sort of screw up could happen to anyone on any cruise line. Let's just try to help THIS vet get what he/she is entitled to

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

You think that we on CC can "help THIS vet get what he/she is entitled to" ?

You think we on CC can "TRY to keep it on topic" ?

Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

Perhaps the real issue is all the ridiculous Celebrity OBC/123/Shareholder credit/teachers credit/military discounts/deals

and on and on which may or may not be combineable singly or in various options and permutations.

My head hurts thinking about it. :(

Each passenger needs to decide for themselves how much the drink package is worth. If you do not drink much, take your own water on board, etc, the drink package may not be worth the full value it is for another passenger.

The OP needs to decide how valuable the package is, then if they want it upgrade yourslf back to standard rate and get it.

Direct your TA to the web page if they are going to tell you the promo is expired. Sorry but that just sounds lazy to tell a customer that.

Unfortunately this cruise is not eligible for the 123 pkg