Michaels Club

Kcrazycruisers

Or, try asking the bartender of a nearby bar to go in and get it. Bartenders go between bars all the time. For instance, on Eclipse, if you are in Michael's Club and want a blended margarita, they have to go to the adjacent Ensemble Lounge, which has a blender.

Good point! I have done this on HAL and Royal Caribbean. Have been lucky that Boddingtons have always been available. ;)

I understand what you are saying, but as a first time Celebrity cruiser, I am not interested in reading information about the Loyalty programmes. It shouldn't take searching threads on a topic that isn't relevant to me to find out information that is relevant.

The fact that this has been known since last year actually frustrates me more. If Celebrity have time to write up press releases for their Loyalty programme, they also have time to make slight adjustments to their description of Michaels Club on their main website. All they need to add is "From [insert date] this space will only be available to [insert applicable customers]". The fact that they haven't done this leads me to believe that they are falsely using the space as a selling point.

I know I'm ranting, but, like I said before, I will not loose sleep over this. I just like the information being provided to me to be transparent.

I made your exact point on another thread. I can't imagine Celebrity wants bad press, so hopefully it was an over site that gets corrected soon.

More important is to enjoy your cruise and know that some things will not be as they are envisioned, both good and bad. I sometimes want to sail again expecting parts of previous cruises to be the same and that tends to lead me to disappointment, then I get a nice surprise from Celebrity or Royal about something else that exceeded my expectations.

Just off the Constellation yesterday. Michael's has been converted to PH, RS, CS and Zenith only.

It was wonderful. No offense meant to anyone but you get what you pay for.

Concierge was excellent. I highly recommend this experience.

Just off the Constellation yesterday. Michael's has been converted to PH, RS, CS and Zenith only.

Can you tell me what services/amenities/entertainment were on offer? What makes it wonderful and thus likely to motivate one to book a high level suite?

Edited by OuiOnboard

The place was closed on the Summit 3-29 sailing. Of course the craft beers were still on the outside display case to tease those walking by. "Look at these great beers - too bad you can not have any". The place was completely dead when ever I went by. Most times zero customers, except the lonely bartender. I saw at most two people in there at any time.

It is in a very poor location for an elite space because it is in a very traveled by spot, and has glass all around for every one to look in to see what a waste of space it is.

Can you confirm if the beers were available elsewhere? We are sailing on the Summit in October.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Can you confirm if the beers were available elsewhere? We are sailing on the Summit in October.

The wine dispensers are being removed from Cellar Masters and the specialty beers are being moved in.

On Summit Cellar Masters is on the way to the dining room.. if there is any room left after experiencing the beer offerings.. ;)

Someone who has recently sailed Summit may describe the set up eventually.

Michaels has evolved many times since it was first indroduced in 1996 on the Century as an old English style CIGAR Lounge! Special ventilation systems to keep the smoke from flowing thru the ship, but alas, another boo-boo by Celebrity, not enought cigar lovers to warrant staffing full time.

So here were are, not enought beer lovers to warrant staffing full time yet again. Does the IT dept need to get their stuff together? Duh, yup!

Michael's was present on Zenith and Horizon prior to Century..

I remember Michaels on the Horizon Dec 2000, but not the Zenith prior to '96. But as the wifester says, 'Honey, your wrong about that' could be the case here too!:)

OK, so now you have me on a mental mission, to find the dailys from the Zenith in 1994! They are in a box under the bed somewhere.

Edited by wallie5446

I remember Michaels on the Horizon Dec 2000, but not the Zenith prior to '96. But as the wifester says, 'Honey, your wrong about that' could be the case here too!:)

OK, so now you have me on a mental mission, to find the dailys from the Zenith in 1994! They are in a box under the bed somewhere.

It would be nice to start a nostalgia thread with activities, menus and the names of an occasional staff or crew member who is still around.

Unfortunately I did not keep any of the pre-2k stuff since it might have created a bug in my computer.;)

The wine dispensers are being removed from Cellar Masters and the specialty beers are being moved in.

On Summit Cellar Masters is on the way to the dining room.. if there is any room left after experiencing the beer offerings.. ;)

Someone who has recently sailed Summit may describe the set up eventually.

From what I understand, it was an extra charge to drink wines in Cellar Masters, even if you had one of the drink packages. Does anyone know if the craft beers will carry an additional charge and not be included in the drink packages once they move to Cellar Masters?

Full-time and very active concierge. He contacted us prior to sailing and answered our questions in a timely manner. Excellent bar service and buffet while waiting for our suite to become available.

There was a reception with several ship's officers present. We had pleasant conversations with the captain and chief engineer. Dinner at captain's table was offered but we declined.

I felt like royalty. Wife enjoyed playing the piano. Butler kept the refrigerator stocked with our favorites and we ate all but two meals in the suite. The others were in Ocean Liners and Blu.

Good-bye Princess. Hello Celebrity! :)

From what I understand, it was an extra charge to drink wines in Cellar Masters, even if you had one of the drink packages. Does anyone know if the craft beers will carry an additional charge and not be included in the drink packages once they move to Cellar Masters?

There are different included beer prices for the classic and premium packages and then of course the dreaded extra charge for the beers you really want.. but the same as if the beers were in Michael's..

Good-bye Princess. Hello Celebrity! :)

Now if you are serious.. how about a new avatar? ;)

Perhaps a picture of your wife playing that piano in the penthouse... :D

The wine dispensers in cellar masters were additional even with the drink package, but wines up to $8 for classic and $13 for premium are covered with the drink package(s).

Or some now get less than they previously paid for.

Edited by shipshape sam

What exactly does the experience entail?

On the Reflection the additional charge was only if you used the machines. I had a good many $12, $13, $14 brews in Michaels, and the wifester had many a poured glass of wine in Cellar Masters. The machines are gone, or soon to be. Moving the craft beer will be a good fit, IMHO.

Still looking thru old boxes for, opps:eek: we sailed Zenith in 1995!

The Michael's experience sold me. It's the difference between flying 1st class or coach.

Just booked same PH for 2016! :D

I'll ask again, what specifically made the concierge lounge worth the price of admission?

It would be nice to start a nostalgia thread with activities, menus and the names of an occasional staff or crew member who is still around.

Unfortunately I did not keep any of the pre-2k stuff since it might have created a bug in my computer.;)

Ok, found em! Sorry from the wifester as it was 1994 we sailed the Zenith! Now to look thru and find Michaels~~~~~~I'll be back,

Sorry, there was no Michaels on the Zenith in 1994.

image.jpg.7f3d2f7dad84312e9288deb4f9e08282.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

Not sure that we will use Michael's. We always have the drink package so really no need to go there each evening for cocktails. We very seldom used the Concierge lounge on RCI other than to speak with the Concierge. Also the butler can take care of most things "for us" that the Concierge would handle.

I know that there are some that enjoy the lounge to meet other guests for a cocktail and conversation. It will work great for that.:). One thing that was nice on the Allure and Oasis. The Concierge lounge served hot breakfast and lunch daily with wine and beer at lunch. It was always a very quiet place to enjoy your meal.

I'll ask again, what specifically made the concierge lounge worth the price of admission?

I'm pretty sure its the feeling one gets when looking down from on high.:p

I'm pretty sure its the feeling one gets when looking down from on high.:p

Lollolol! I can't imagine that X has transformed Michael's into something so remarkable or any different than say, the elite lounge or any other club level area in a nice hotel.

Ok, found em! Sorry from the wifester as it was 1994 we sailed the Zenith! Now to look thru and find Michaels~~~~~~I'll be back,

Sorry, there was no Michaels on the Zenith in 1994.

Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli”

Right next to the library:

Check out Pullmantur Fantasy Deck:

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise/Pullmantur-Cruises/Zenith/Deck-Plans