Michaels Club

Kcrazycruisers

It will be interesting to see how they do this without impacting on the general appearance and experience of the MDR on the S class as the MDR was designed as a single space with those raking structural columns passing through both levels....

It will be interesting to see the results of the first conversion so some posts on any knock on effects, or the quality of the new dining room would be much appreciated. Is it already operational on Equinox?

The new Suite dining rooms have not been built on any ship, yet. I believe they are supposed to be in place fleet wide by the end of April 2015.

Did the Eclipse TA and enjoyed the VIP Lounge every day. Of lot of what I read in these past 10 pages is opinion and some is fact. Here are my impressions. For the first time Celebrity is attempting to match a service level with the price paid. I book RS and PH rooms for the space and the extra amenities. As an Elite +, in the past I got nothing extra for my loyalty that I could buy in a Suite. For the price paid I have felt under appreciated and moved to Regent where I have also attainted high loyalty status. This new program gets Celebrity back into the picture for me. This extra service is paid for and not given to the VIP group for nothing. However, I know that many cruisers think everyone should get the same treatment whether they have an Inside Cabin or the PH. When I fly first class, I get more room, and food and beverage that coach does not get. I also get more miles, but I pay for that. On the Eclipse TA I got more room, extra service and other perks and more loyalty points, but I paid for it. As long as the VIP's pay for this service, why are so many others upset by it.

Here are the facts from our cruise that in some cases conflict with what I read on the past 10 pages.

1) The room was underutilized. Not so, we used it every day, usually more than once. By day three or four of our trip there were usually 15-20 having pre-dinner drinks every evening.

2) There was no interaction. Not so, we meet and engaged with many different couples (straight and gay) that came to the lounge daily. We dined with three different couples as a result of visiting with them.

3) The Room was taken from the Perry Grant fans and he was forced to Cellars Masters. Yes he was moved, but according to two Entertainment staff we talked with, the capacity of the two venues is equal. Also the open entrances to Cellar Masters allowed overflow not possible in Michaels.

4) Michaels is wasted space now. Do not agree. As others have noted, the past Cigar and Beer programs were a bust and other than some limited success by piano bar players, nothing has worked in there. Also Cellar Masters has been a disappointment and the automatic machines are mostly disconnected and will eventually be removed. The reality is that Celebrity (and other lines) are always tweaking to improve revenue yield.

According to Fabian, on our TA there were 50 passengers that qualified for the lounge, We paid for that privacy and service and it will be a positive that makes we do other sailings on Celebrity in the future. I am further looking forward to the Suite Dining Room. As another poster noted, this is about privacy, not being one of 2800 all the time. I enjoyed the ship, the staff and experience and the main reason was the cabin I had and the benefits and service I received.

I will be in a suite on the Summit on April 11th. It is suppose to have suite dining by April 4th. I will be disappointed id not complete.

We'll see you onboard on that cruise. I am fairely certain the dining room will be done. Here is the roll out schedule:

CS- 4/4/15

EC- 4/12/15

EQ- 4/6/15

IN- 4/13/15

ML- 4/9/15

RF- 4/4/15

SI- 4/5/15

SL- 4/3/15

SM - 4/4/15

Source: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Feel free to join our (all be it very small) roll call.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Did the Eclipse TA and enjoyed the VIP Lounge every day. Of lot of what I read in these past 10 pages is opinion and some is fact. Here are my impressions. For the first time Celebrity is attempting to match a service level with the price paid. I book RS and PH rooms for the space and the extra amenities. As an Elite +, in the past I got nothing extra for my loyalty that I could buy in a Suite. For the price paid I have felt under appreciated and moved to Regent where I have also attainted high loyalty status. This new program gets Celebrity back into the picture for me. This extra service is paid for and not given to the VIP group for nothing. However, I know that many cruisers think everyone should get the same treatment whether they have an Inside Cabin or the PH. When I fly first class, I get more room, and food and beverage that coach does not get. I also get more miles, but I pay for that. On the Eclipse TA I got more room, extra service and other perks and more loyalty points, but I paid for it. As long as the VIP's pay for this service, why are so many others upset by it.

Here are the facts from our cruise that in some cases conflict with what I read on the past 10 pages.

1) The room was underutilized. Not so, we used it every day, usually more than once. By day three or four of our trip there were usually 15-20 having pre-dinner drinks every evening.

2) There was no interaction. Not so, we meet and engaged with many different couples (straight and gay) that came to the lounge daily. We dined with three different couples as a result of visiting with them.

3) The Room was taken from the Perry Grant fans and he was forced to Cellars Masters. Yes he was moved, but according to two Entertainment staff we talked with, the capacity of the two venues is equal. Also the open entrances to Cellar Masters allowed overflow not possible in Michaels.

4) Michaels is wasted space now. Do not agree. As others have noted, the past Cigar and Beer programs were a bust and other than some limited success by piano bar players, nothing has worked in there. Also Cellar Masters has been a disappointment and the automatic machines are mostly disconnected and will eventually be removed. The reality is that Celebrity (and other lines) are always tweaking to improve revenue yield.

According to Fabian, on our TA there were 50 passengers that qualified for the lounge, We paid for that privacy and service and it will be a positive that makes we do other sailings on Celebrity in the future. I am further looking forward to the Suite Dining Room. As another poster noted, this is about privacy, not being one of 2800 all the time. I enjoyed the ship, the staff and experience and the main reason was the cabin I had and the benefits and service I received.

BRAVO! I Agree, and was also on the eclipse TA...in the a Penthouse. I'd add to Perry Grant, that I ran into him one afternoon waiting on elevator and asked why he wouldn't do the sky lounge some nights as he did the year prior on the Eclispe TA, he said they told him he could pick any venue and HE CHOSE Cellar masters, as he doesn't like the large rooms, so it wasn't even Celebrity shoving him in there, he wanted it himself.

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from the Baltic cruise and cannot wait to get back aboard the Eclipse. We stayed in a Celebrity Suite and therefore got to enjoy all the perks.

Michael's Club was the highlight of our cruise. Jose and Fabian treated us like Royalty and we also got to meet some new friends there as well.

Our Butler, Alex, couldn't have been more attentive.

We enjoyed having dinner at the Captain's table twice. Thank you very much, Bruce.

Toured the bridge and the engine room.

Oh, almost forgot about the excursions. A little hectic but absolutely fantastic.

Just back from the Baltic cruise and cannot wait to get back aboard the Eclipse. We stayed in a Celebrity Suite and therefore got to enjoy all the perks.

Michael's Club was the highlight of our cruise. Jose and Fabian treated us like Royalty and we also got to meet some new friends there as well.

Our Butler, Alex, couldn't have been more attentive.

We enjoyed having dinner at the Captain's table twice. Thank you very much, Bruce.

Toured the bridge and the engine room.

Oh, almost forgot about the excursions. A little hectic but absolutely fantastic.

You must mean "Engine Control Room". The most interesting thing to see there is the Security Monitors. You can see how the cameras cover the ship.

Edited by Orator

• 2 weeks later...

An acquaintance of my husband who works for a UK TA was invited to an inspection visit on Eclipse at the weekend. I found it interesting that they were taken everywhere on the ship except Michael's Club including the master bathroom of one of the PH suites. It was made clear to them that it was exclusively for suite and Zenith guest and, therefore, they could not be permitted to view the room. Interesting that Michael's Club is now more sacrosanct than a bathroom. There were only 10 of them and, it would seem to me, that a short visit was unlikely to be seen as an intrusion by anyone using the room at the time.

An acquaintance of my husband who works for a UK TA was invited to an inspection visit on Eclipse at the weekend. I found it interesting that they were taken everywhere on the ship except Michael's Club including the master bathroom of one of the PH suites. It was made clear to them that it was exclusively for suite and Zenith guest and, therefore, they could not be permitted to view the room. Interesting that Michael's Club is now more sacrosanct than a bathroom. There were only 10 of them and, it would seem to me, that a short visit was unlikely to be seen as an intrusion by anyone using the room at the time.

On my Summit sailing, I was only Aqua, but saw a colleague inside, by himself, with only the host. So I walked in to ask my colleague a question, he walked me outside the club to discuss my question, letting me know they are serious about keeping the club private....we've sailed together several times, this being the 1st I didn't have club access.

On my Summit sailing, I was only Aqua, but saw a colleague inside, by himself, with only the host. So I walked in to ask my colleague a question, he walked me outside the club to discuss my question, letting me know they are serious about keeping the club private....we've sailed together several times, this being the 1st I didn't have club access.

How did you feel?

Do you think the "Host" made it clear your "Zenith" colleague was not allowed to infringe on the rules. IMHO this does not sound classy. Other words come to mind.

I often read your informative post and know you book Penthouse. Is Michael's on Summit for Suite guests now?

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

How did you feel?

Do you think the "Host" made it clear your "Zenith" colleague was not allowed to infringe on the rules. IMHO this does not sound classy. Other words come to mind.

I often read your informative post and know you book Penthouse. Is Michael's on Summit for Suite guests now?

-Marisa

I didn't really feel anything, I understood the policy, no big deal, my friend didn't give it a second thought either knowing the rules. We went outside and grabbed a coffee at Al Bacio.

Everything inside Michael's is available readily elsewhere on the ship...

It was probably less classy for me to walk into the room, but I has been searching the ship for him for a while, so decided to pop in rather than just knock on the windows to get his attention.....

Michael's on ALL ships since earlier this year (maybe February?) is for Celebrity Suites and higher (excludes SkySuites) and Zeniths.

Edited by cle-guy