Michaels Club

Kcrazycruisers

All ships except the Millennium & Solstice have already had the Michael's Club converted to the VIP lounge.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Am I correct in assuming that Millennium and Solstice will undergo their Michael's Club conversions within the next month when they return from Asia and Australia to begin their Alaska runs?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but is there a Michaels Club on the Infinity and if so, who has access to this bar area.

Yes there is a Michaels club is now premium suite guests celebrity suite and above about 45 people on our 3-30 15 day panama trip. Open to public after 7:00. That will change soon and only be open to suites.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Forums mobile app

Who is Perry Como sorry Grant, why does everyone love him so much ? And what is the poop deck LOL ?

You may detect that I am not a Perry Grant fan..............so I consider any deck he is screaching his songs on a poop deck....................but some people love his humor in insulting others............Each to their own and X will continue to book him BUT WHY ALWAYS ON THE SAME SHIP is my point?

You may detect that I am not a Perry Grant fan..............so I consider any deck he is screaching his songs on a poop deck....................but some people love his humor in insulting others............Each to their own and X will continue to book him BUT WHY ALWAYS ON THE SAME SHIP is my point?

We saw him for the first time this February, and enjoyed him very much. But we love a piano bar and we love the old standards. As far as his humor goes, I think

he was quite clever. I really laughed a lot. I never heard him truly insult anyone but he does kid around a lot. I guess some people might not get it or might take that wrong.

He was very kind and gentle with a young woman who had some physical problems that came to see him. He went out of his way to pay her attention and make her feel welcome and involved. We only saw him a handful of times, but I would say he is a nice guy.

We saw him for the first time this February, and enjoyed him very much. But we love a piano bar and we love the old standards. As far as his humor goes, I think

he was quite clever. I really laughed a lot. I never heard him truly insult anyone but he does kid around a lot. I guess some people might not get it or might take that wrong.

He was very kind and gentle with a young woman who had some physical problems that came to see him. He went out of his way to pay her attention and make her feel welcome and involved. We only saw him a handful of times, but I would say he is a nice guy.

Well said. We eperienced him last July for the first time and saw him five times that cruise. He is engaging and fun. I appreciate some dont get it but there are lots of other venues and entertainers to take your pick from. Like watching TV, if its not to your taste then change channel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We found him to be a riot. too bad others don't seem to know the humor.

We found him to be a riot. too bad others don't seem to know the humor.

Just because someone doesn't like him, doesn't mean that they don't know humor. It is called personal taste and mind doesn't sway his way either. I'm happy others like him, but it doesn't mean everyone has to.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I believe he is now on Eclipse..did he move into the wine bar area..?

I thought those areas were going to become a British Pub at least on one ship... all very confusing..

IMHO the ships need not all have the same restaurants and places and shows....makes it more fun to try diff ships.

our next cruises are on Reflection and Connie so we'll find out what they have when we get there...if it hasn't changed again!!

Just because someone doesn't like him, doesn't mean that they don't know humor. It is called personal taste and mind doesn't sway his way either. I'm happy others like him, but it doesn't mean everyone has to.

The main reason I've been upset with this..is that certain posters have put up really nasty things about Perry Grant(or other entertainers on various lines). Bad enough that Perry had commented commented about it on our trip. We had never seen him before & found him to be a blast. I feel that if the "moderator" is going to remove posts(mine & others) that defend Perry(or other entertainers)then they should remove posts from users that insult ship board entertainers. I mean let's show some fair play folks! This guy had over 700 fans on the Feb.8 trip on Eclipse that shows me something

Well said. We eperienced him last July for the first time and saw him five times that cruise. He is engaging and fun. I appreciate some dont get it but there are lots of other venues and entertainers to take your pick from. Like watching TV, if its not to your taste then change channel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Seems that Perry has been moved to the "Wine Cellar" Not too sure how that will work out. Not really enough room I feel. Michaels Club was a perfect venue for Cabaret type shows. Perhaps he'll leave Celebrity for Cunard or other line that does have the "room" for him. We liked him so much, it could influence which line we cruise on.

You're right, but I feel that if the moderator is going to get involved, they should also tell those who are "nasty" about a particular entertainer, to tone it down as well. It's pretty bad when we hear from some entertainers about bloggers who really flame them on this site.

Who is Perry Como sorry Grant, why does everyone love him so much ? And what is the poop deck LOL ?

Perry Grant is this Liberace sort of entertainer. We never saw him until our Jan.25 trip. He's a decent piano player, singer...well he is funny. The old style songs are great(even for someone my age)He'll then get an audience member to "light his disco ball" Then he'll "ask" about the person..Home, type of home,furnishings etc. If the house is large,he'll start slipping on these huge fake rings. If the kitchen has "Formica" countertops, off come the rings & out come the fake barf bag. I think what really "bugs" some of these "naysayers" is the fact that Perry is pretty flamboyantly gay. Well, actually he's really over the top gay! That's what makes this guy so funny. We did find him to be a really kind person. He was easy to chat with when he was about the ship. We felt that Michaels Club was perfect with it being enclosed & such. Making it a "suites" only club is something that should have been phased in. The Cunard QM2 has the Grills lounge(which we love)but it was always planned as such. Making a venue like Michaels off limits to everyone but suite guests could have been done better. Perhaps converting Bistro on 5 could have worked, but it's something that should be done during a dry dock.

I think what really "bugs" some of these "naysayers" is the fact that Perry is pretty flamboyantly gay.

I am an extremely gay-friendly person. Been to a couple of gay weddings, some of my best friends are, etc., etc., etc. I still don't think he's funny.

But humour like food is a very subjective thing. Each to their own.

Agreed. I just don't like some of the insults I've read about him. Sometimes this CAN affect a person's employment. Back in Dec. there was some stuff about Perry that was pretty obviously anti gay. That's when were were on board the Eclipse we decided to check him out. I don't know.. we just found him really funny.

The main reason I've been upset with this..is that certain posters have put up really nasty things about Perry Grant(or other entertainers on various lines). Bad enough that Perry had commented commented about it on our trip. We had never seen him before & found him to be a blast. I feel that if the "moderator" is going to remove posts(mine & others) that defend Perry(or other entertainers)then they should remove posts from users that insult ship board entertainers. I mean let's show some fair play folks! This guy had over 700 fans on the Feb.8 trip on Eclipse that shows me something

First I have to say that I don't condone anyone trashing an entertainer. Being that my career was in the music industry, I've seen way too much of it. It is enough to say you like or dislike them. But I think there is a big difference in trashing an entertainer, because you don't like them and attacking a fellow poster, which I believe was done. I don't think the issue was you defending Perry Grand. If you don't like what someone says about Perry Grant, just say you disagree or ignore the comment.

You say that Perry Grant commented on post made on here, one has to realize that he is a public personality/performer and, just by the nature of it, will be trashed by some that don't like them. I've seen it happen to some of the best entertainers in the world, but that is why they have thick skin....they can take it and if they can't, they are in the wrong business.

Edited by NLH Arizona

You're right, but I feel that if the moderator is going to get involved, they should also tell those who are "nasty" about a particular entertainer, to tone it down as well. It's pretty bad when we hear from some entertainers about bloggers who really flame them on this

Just because someone posts something negative about an entertainer does not mean they are breaking the rules here on CC. I have not seen Perry perform but after watching a few of his videos on Youtube I realize that he is not someone I would enjoy watching. Some people like vanilla and some like chocolate. To those that enjoy watching him then go for it and enjoy.

Edited by cruisingator2

Where do the c.c. Elite members go for the nightly cocktails now...are children welcomed?

They go to wherever the Cocktail Hour is held;):):D...the venue will

be posted in a letter you receive in your cabin. If there are too

many people on board to hold it in one venue and vouchers are

put out, they will also tell you that information.

I don't recall ever seeing children at the Cocktail hour.....how old

are you talking about?

Where do the c.c. Elite members go for the nightly cocktails now...are children welcomed?

Normally the cocktail hour for Elite & Elite Plus is held in the Sky lounge (that is what it is called on S class ships - Millennium class ships each have their own name for it). That is the glass enclosed lounge on the top deck at the front of the ship. If there are too many Elite / Elite Plus members (like on a TA) there will be vouchers.

Normally the cocktail hour for Elite & Elite Plus is held in the Sky lounge (that is what it is called on S class ships - Millennium class ships each have their own name for it). That is the glass enclosed lounge on the top deck at the front of the ship. If there are too many Elite / Elite Plus members (like on a TA) there will be vouchers.

Tom: are you and your family doing a TA crossing? If so, which ship? Hopefully our paths will cross again....been sometime since we last saw all of you on Century in Australia.

Regards.

Tom: are you and your family doing a TA crossing? If so, which ship? Hopefully our paths will cross again....been sometime since we last saw all of you on Century in Australia.

Regards.

No TA's for the time being. We had two bad flight experiences in 2013 and are avoiding cruises that require air (we live in FL). We will see how long that lasts - we do have future cruises booked that require air. Tom

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app