Michaels Club

Kcrazycruisers

Or, try asking the bartender of a nearby bar to go in and get it. Bartenders go between bars all the time. For instance, on Eclipse, if you are in Michael's Club and want a blended margarita, they have to go to the adjacent Ensemble Lounge, which has a blender.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, just so you know, Michael's is restricted now to only Suite passengers

and Zenith Members of the Capt's Club.

Any reason why Celebrity still advertise Michaels Club this way on their website?

Michael's Club

This intimate atmosphere features inviting leather chairs, perfect for sharing conversation, listening to a live guitarist, or savoring one of up to 64 international craft beer selections including ales, lagers, lambics, ciders, wheat beers, seasonal and beer cocktails. They're a complement to an extensive collection of fine whiskeys, scotches, cognacs and bourbons.

No mention of restricting it to the elite?:rolleyes: If access to Michaels Club as the description implies convinced me to book I would feel that I was deceived when told later it was not available for the general population.??

Any reason why Celebrity still advertise Michaels Club this way on their website?

Michael's Club

This intimate atmosphere features inviting leather chairs, perfect for sharing conversation, listening to a live guitarist, or savoring one of up to 64 international craft beer selections including ales, lagers, lambics, ciders, wheat beers, seasonal and beer cocktails. They're a complement to an extensive collection of fine whiskeys, scotches, cognacs and bourbons.

No mention of restricting it to the elite?:rolleyes: If access to Michaels Club as the description implies convinced me to book I would feel that I was deceived when told later it was not available for the general population.??

You have been deceived, it is no longer available for the general population. Look under the 'Press Releases' area on the web site.

Cellar Masters or the Sky Lounge will get the craft beer selection if they are retained at all

You have been deceived, it is no longer available for the general population. Look under the 'Press Releases' area on the web site.

Cellar Masters or the Sky Lounge will get the craft beer selection if they are retained at all

For the umpteenth time the press release says from April 15, many people have said It has been generally open unless reserved for a private function, it has not yet completely closed to the general cruiser, but I'll find out for myself in a few weeks :D.

For the umpteenth time the press release says from April 15, many people have said It has been generally open unless reserved for a private function, it has not yet completely closed to the general cruiser, but I'll find out for myself in a few weeks :D.

Hi, it may say April 15th (which is next week) but they started it

2 months ago. So the press release is wrong. I was on Century in

February and it was closed to the "general public" back then.

Now, maybe the rest of the ships will all be converted by next week....

I guess folks will find out first hand when they cruise again.

It was closed on Reflection the week of March 29th.

Hi, it may say April 15th (which is next week) but they started it

2 months ago. So the press release is wrong. I was on Century in

February and it was closed to the "general public" back then.

Now, maybe the rest of the ships will all be converted by next week....

I guess folks will find out first hand when they cruise again.

April 2015 sorry not the 15th.

Taken from here but it says not until April 2015

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/tabLanding.do?pagename=footer_pages_about_celebrity#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/aboutceleb/pressRoomDetails.do%3Fevent_date=2014-02-12&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A&pageNumber=2

VIP lounge - A private VIP lounge, Michael's Club, will be available to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites. A dedicated Concierge service and unique food and beverage experiences by Celebrity's James Beard-featured chef will be provided to guests.

The April 2015 date is the official beginning of additional suite benefits.

Michael's Club will no longer be available for most passengers by the end of April. Only Solstice and Millennium, presently in the Pacific, will not be converted to the specialty lounge until May. The conversion to a concierge/suite/Zenith lounge began with Century in February and should be completed by the end of May 2014.

Michael's Club

I was being very tongue-in-cheek, and playing off the previous members comment.

M class ships used to have a number of rooms/venues that they used for private functions all the time.

But wait, they are now additional cabins which means that to have more exclusive venues for suite guests and CC tiers, they have to restrict more public venues.

I do believe that cruise lines DO need to review and evolve so I am not saying that all changes are bad. I do think that as they take away more public areas as they did for use as more cabins on M class and then take away more public space by restricted entry they are going to have some consequences that they may not have considered.

We actually have not used the CC facilities on last couple of cruises as much including our last Celebrity sailing at all because we were sailing with traveling friends we had recommended Celebrity to and did not feel we should abandon them during cocktail hour to go to a restricted venue.

I clearly understand the restrictions, but also understand the diminished value of the perk as we actually are promoting Celebrity.:roll eyes:

I would prefer vouchers as I have no need to go to a restricted venue. I would prefer to enjoy everyone. There are some great Captain's Club members we meet on each cruise AND there are lots of newbie's! I know some love the daily mingling with other Elites, as an example, but vouchers do not preclude the desired mingling. It would require some effort to meet/hook-up.

Edited by shipshape sam

Michael's was still being used for public evening activities. Seemed empty most of the time. My only question is where will Perry Grant be if not in Michael's club?

Perry Grant on the Eclipse has been moved to Cellar Masters as reported by Host Andy on another thread. ALL Celebrity ships except the Millennium & Solstice have ALREADY had the Michaels Club converted to a VIP lounge. I have been on the Century and Constellation in the lounge and it is VERY nice. Millennium and Solstice will happen soon, but take longer since they are on the other side of the world.

Michael's Club

I agree. I think the website is deceiving and Celebrity need to be more transparent about this change.

From what I have read over the last week, it sounds like Michaels Club on the Century hasn't been open to the average cruiser for months. Yet when I booked the Century a month ago, I booked thinking that it was a space I was going to enjoy. When reading the description of the ship's amenities on the Celebrity website, there hasn't been any obvious mention that this space is only for the Elite.

I'm not going to loose any sleep over this matter, but I would be lying if I said it hasn't slightly soured my opinion of Celebrity before I've even cruised with them. It makes me wonder what other non-transparent policies I am going to have to rely on the good people of cruise critic to tell me about rather than Celebrity themself.

I agree. I think the website is deceiving and Celebrity need to be more transparent about this change.

It makes me wonder what other non-transparent policies I am going to have to rely on the good people of cruise critic to tell me about rather than Celebrity themself.

There are many many other policies that are un-disclosed by Celebrity if only for the reason to confuse and deceive the passengers. Those of us who sail them on a regular basis have learned to accept that they try very hard to pull the wool over our eyes day in and day out, and trick us with smoke an mirrors.

Yes, maybe you should rethink your booking and cancel if you have not made final payment yet.;)

We were on Silhouette's March 23rd sailing and were invited to wait in Michael's Club after boarding while our Concierge cabin was being cleaned. Donna, the CC Hostess told us that the changeover for Michael's Club to an exclusive venue for Suite guests (with Zeniths having access) was happening according to a schedule, that it was not an immediate change fleet wide. Michael's Club was open to all guests during our entire cruise.

There are many many other policies that are un-disclosed by Celebrity if only for the reason to confuse and deceive the passengers. Those of us who sail them on a regular basis have learned to accept that they try very hard to pull the wool over our eyes day in and day out, and trick us with smoke an mirrors.

Yes, maybe you should rethink your booking and cancel if you have not made final payment yet.;)

Seriously,remember we're talking about the Website. You know, the perfect Celebrity website. The simple fact is that they did indicate the change in Michael's Club when they announced the changes in the Loyalty program. It was stated at that time that Michael's Club would be changed into a lounge for top Suite and Zenith level cruisers. One will find lots of threads on this topic going back to November. The cocept is new on Celebrity shipsand willtake some time to find its identity. I'm certain that there will be ongoing evaluation.

I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind. Especially after seeing some of the shocking recent reviews of the Century.

But because I've booked my flights, cancelling is no longer an easy option, and not one I want to ponder for too long. Besides, the main reasons I booked the cruise in the first place are still there - the price, and the ports. There isn't really an equivalent alternative for the small window of dates that we are able to travel. I'm sure I will have a great time; I have travelled on older, more budget ships before and had a blast. I just would prefer no more of these unwanted 'surprises'.

Seriously,remember we're talking about the Website. You know, the perfect Celebrity website. The simple fact is that they did indicate the change in Michael's Club when they announced the changes in the Loyalty program. It was stated at that time that Michael's Club would be changed into a lounge for top Suite and Zenith level cruisers. One will find lots of threads on this topic going back to November. The cocept is new on Celebrity shipsand willtake some time to find its identity. I'm certain that there will be ongoing evaluation.

Please know I was once again being very toung in cheek. The changes have been public knowledge for awhile, I know.

Edited by wallie5446

Please know I was once again being very toung in cheek. The changes have been public knowledge for awhile, I know.

Guess I'll just need to go to the Celebrity website and see if I can find my sense of humor there.

I understand what you are saying, but as a first time Celebrity cruiser, I am not interested in reading information about the Loyalty programmes. It shouldn't take searching threads on a topic that isn't relevant to me to find out information that is relevant.

The fact that this has been known since last year actually frustrates me more. If Celebrity have time to write up press releases for their Loyalty programme, they also have time to make slight adjustments to their description of Michaels Club on their main website. All they need to add is "From [insert date] this space will only be available to [insert applicable customers]". The fact that they haven't done this leads me to believe that they are falsely using the space as a selling point.

I know I'm ranting, but, like I said before, I will not loose sleep over this. I just like the information being provided to me to be transparent.

Michaels has evolved many times since it was first indroduced in 1996 on the Century as an old English style CIGAR Lounge! Special ventilation systems to keep the smoke from flowing thru the ship, but alas, another boo-boo by Celebrity, not enought cigar lovers to warrant staffing full time.

So here were are, not enought beer lovers to warrant staffing full time yet again. Does the IT dept need to get their stuff together? Duh, yup!

I understand what you are saying, but as a first time Celebrity cruiser, I am not interested in reading information about the Loyalty programmes. It shouldn't take searching threads on a topic that isn't relevant to me to find out information that is relevant.

The fact that this has been known since last year actually frustrates me more. If Celebrity have time to write up press releases for their Loyalty programme, they also have time to make slight adjustments to their description of Michaels Club on their main website. All they need to add is "From [insert date] this space will only be available to [insert applicable customers]". The fact that they haven't done this leads me to believe that they are falsely using the space as a selling point.

I know I'm ranting, but, like I said before, I will not loose sleep over this. I just like the information being provided to me to be transparent.

I agree. Their website is way behind. Like they still post the Aqua Spa Cafe menu showing fresh grilled entrees when those in the know are aware they are not on offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The place was closed on the Summit 3-29 sailing. Of course the craft beers were still on the outside display case to tease those walking by. "Look at these great beers - too bad you can not have any". The place was completely dead when ever I went by. Most times zero customers, except the lonely bartender. I saw at most two people in there at any time.

It is in a very poor location for an elite space because it is in a very traveled by spot, and has glass all around for every one to look in to see what a waste of space it is.