Wines and corkage and bars, Oh my! (Signature Beverage Pkg, Beverage Cards & Corkage)

POA1

I have another question for the researchers on this thread. As I was perusing the halfacts site, I noticed that there is often a "Sip and Savor" event held at the Pinnacle Bar. It includes some tasty treats and the highlighted wine for $4.95 a glass. And they also show a $3 wine tasting there as well. Has anyone been able to get this glass of wine using the Explore4 SBP? It is obviously less than $7 but not sure if it would be included.

Vict0riaan, POA1 would you be able to add this to you research list on your next cruise?

If the sip & savor wine was $7 or less, you could get it. If I recall correctly, that was the case for all of them on our sailing. The price was listed in the daily program, so you could plan for the tasting if you were interested. We didn’t do it, but we spoke to a few people who did. They told us it was enjoyable.

Bear in mind that this is second hand reporting, because we were not actually there. We will check in a month or so and get back to you.

Edited by POA1

Actually, you are completely on target. I did say all things liquid.

You can get bottled water BUT you need to purchase it where a register is available. That means you need to get it from the Lido or a bar before you leave the ship. The usual water sales station by the gangway can't process your order.

You can get one liter and half liter bottled spring water, Perrier, or San Peligrino. We were comp'd a bottle of Acqua Panna in our room, so that's got to be available somewhere.

There might have been a policy change on this? On our Ryndam cruise last week we were allowed to purchase water by the gangway with our Signature cards. The attendant had a clipboard on which he/she wrote our name and card number plus what we selected. The sheet had a number of names on it so we were not the only ones who used that option.

There might have been a policy change on this? On our Ryndam cruise last week we were allowed to purchase water by the gangway with our Signature cards. The attendant had a clipboard on which he/she wrote our name and card number plus what we selected. The sheet had a number of names on it so we were not the only ones who used that option.

That's good news. Hope it's like that for us, too! I'll need plenty of water to dilute the other drinkies..:)

That would be nice. We could use our room cards for water, but not our Signature Beverage Package cards.

If the answer is buried somewhere in this thread, I apologize, but after just getting off the Celebrity Summit with the premium beverage package we were able to just pay the difference between the allowed $13 a glass wine and whatever we chose. Is that allowed on the Signature Beverage package? We really like good wine and I just don't see anything appealing in the $7 and under range.

Thanks

...after just getting off the Celebrity Summit with the premium beverage package we were able to just pay the difference between the allowed $13 a glass wine and whatever we chose. Is that allowed on the Signature Beverage package?

No. :(

If the answer is buried somewhere in this thread, I apologize, but after just getting off the Celebrity Summit with the premium beverage package we were able to just pay the difference between the allowed $13 a glass wine and whatever we chose. Is that allowed on the Signature Beverage package? We really like good wine and I just don't see anything appealing in the $7 and under range.

Thanks

Sadly, no. IMHO, the Signature Beverage Package doesn't have a lot to offer the wine drinker.

Confused!!!

I am thinking about going on the Weterdam { Dancing with the stars Cruise on Dec. 6/14 . I was wanting to buy the Beverage Package and was told by my TA that it isn't available on this ship- is this so???

I'd be surprised if it weren't available for sale. Try calling Ship's Services tomorrow. I know that they restrict the SBP on charters, but I think yours would be okay.

Again in summary: i can bring 1 Bottle of Wine per Person in Cabin without Corking fee. And then as much as I want with Corking Fee, i can take to restaurant?

Also we make a Combination: 14 Days Eurodam ( 2 x 7 Days) http://www.kreuzfahrtberater.de/reise.php?reise=67237

Then again I can bring 2 bottles without Corking Fee in 12/7/14?

Thanks

Edited by Reisebiene

Confused!!!

I am thinking about going on the Weterdam { Dancing with the stars Cruise on Dec. 6/14 . I was wanting to buy the Beverage Package and was told by my TA that it isn't available on this ship- is this so???

Your cruise is not a full charter cruise.

I don't know why can't buy the Beverage package.

Call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576.

Again in summary: i can bring 1 Bottle of Wine per Person in Cabin without Corking fee. And then as much as I want with Corking Fee, i can take to restaurant?

Also we make a Combination: 14 Days Eurodam ( 2 x 7 Days) http://www.kreuzfahrtberater.de/reise.php?reise=67237

Thanks

Yes you can take 1 bottle of wine -- 750 ml --- per adult person in your cabin without paying the corkage fee. If you take that bottle to the dining room or bar/lounge, then you will be charged the $18 corkage fee.

Any bottles beyond that limit -- you will be charged -- to your shipboard account -- the $18 per bottle corkage fee. Those bottles will get a sticker on them indicating that you have paid the fee.

As soon as you go through security, there is a table set-up where they will take your name and cabin number for the extra fees.

Thanks

You may only bring the "free" or non-corkage bottles onto the Eurodam the first time you board the ship. If you are on a back to back (combination cruise) you will only be able to use the one free bottle per person on the first week.

You may bring as much wine as you want after the two free bottles, but you must pay the $18 per bottle corkage fee.

One more thing: You must be able to carry all the wine onto the ship yourself.

Enjoy your cruise!

Confused!!!

My guess is that the Explore4 promo, of which the SBP is a major part, is not available for your cruise (and this is what your TA is talking about) but the SBP should be available for purchase. If/when you book your cruise, log in to the website, go to My Reservations, and click Purchase. Under Indulgences, click on Beverages and look for the Signature Beverage Package. If it's there, it will be available for your cruise.

Frankly, I agree with KK and POA; the SBP seems to be available on EVERY cruise; it was even available on my recent 5 day Westerdam cruise.

Thanks

Just opened your link.

I see you are on a Collector's Cruise.

That will be only 1 bottle per adult for the entire 14 days.

You can not bring another 1 bottle per person onto the ship on Intransit day.

Is the Santa Carolina house the Reserva or the Reserva de Familia? Thank you

Regular Reserva. Or at least it was earlier this year. It's the ones with the release prices in the $11 - $12 range. We found it to be fine for a house wine. Personally preferred the Cab to the Merlot. The Chard was fine as well.

There are a fair number of people who don't like the house wines, but we had no qualms with it. If it helps to establish a frame of reference, our carry-on Cabs for our trip later in the month are 2007 Far Niente, 2008 Shafer Hillside Select & One Point Five, and 2012 Mollydooker Gigglepot & Maitre 'd. While I certainly wouldn't pick the Santa Carolina in place of any of those, I wouldn't turn up my nose at a glass, either.

Regular Reserva. Or at least it was earlier this year. It's the ones with the release prices in the $11 - $12 range. We found it to be fine for a house wine. Personally preferred the Cab to the Merlot. The Chard was fine as well.

There are a fair number of people who don't like the house wines, but we had no qualms with it. If it helps to establish a frame of reference, our carry-on Cabs for our trip later in the month are 2007 Far Niente, 2008 Shafer Hillside Select & One Point Five, and 2012 Mollydooker Gigglepot & Maitre 'd. While I certainly wouldn't pick the Santa Carolina in place of any of those, I wouldn't turn up my nose at a glass, either.

I was able to acquire a bottle of Santa Carolina Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, Pinot Noir 2011 and Sauvignon Blanc 2013 at an adult beverage dispensing facility somewhat near my home for $10.99 USD each, plus sales tax. My Lab partner and I will be conducting our research over the next few days or so.

All Hail the National Institute of Cheer! :)

Thanks so much for your extensive research, POA1! I am sure this question has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer. If we purchase the Signature Drink Package on the second day of the cruise, will the charges for any drinks we purchase on the first day be backed off of our bill after we purchase the package? Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for your extensive research, POA1! I am sure this question has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer. If we purchase the Signature Drink Package on the second day of the cruise, will the charges for any drinks we purchase on the first day be backed off of our bill after we purchase the package? Thanks so much!

Yes, they'll back the eligible drinks out. However, based on our experience, we strongly recommend buying the Signature Beverage Package before you get your first drink. We had some accounting issues as a result of waiting until Day 2 to buy the SBP. They may have worked the kinks out of the process since our cruise, but vacation time is too precious to waste it playing with your onboard account.

Edited by POA1

Yes, they'll back the eligible drinks out. However, based on our experience, we strongly recommend buying the Signature Beverage Package before you get your first drink. We had some accounting issues as a result of waiting until Day 2 to buy the SBP. They may have worked the kinks out of the process since our cruise, but vacation time is too precious to waste it playing with your onboard account.

Totally agree. When accounting needs to get involved it's never pretty:D. I'm an accountant so I can say stuff like that,

Totally agree. When accounting needs to get involved it's never pretty:D. I'm an accountant so I can say stuff like that,

The Signature Beverage Package "back-out" adjustments are made by the night auditor. That, of course implies that:

• The adjustments will be made at night, outside of the regular POS system normal open & operating hours.
  • It will be done by someone working in a back room. In the middle of the night.
  • You won't see them. Or ever meet them.
  • If the adjustments aren't correct the first time, you have to wait for the next night time window.

It gets ugly if they try to make the adjustments during the day, because they need your card to do it, and there's a good chance you might want a beverage during that time. You couldget a beverage and hope that they'll adjust it out during the next overnight, but it becomes a vicious cycle.

Bottom line: If you are buying the SBP, get it first thing. Do not wait.