If you could spend 90 to 100 days aboard Princess?

OttawaCA

OK. I now know which thread this was. I myself posted to it and also personally know the guy who started it. I never did follow thru to the end and after 5 years not going back.

When I do my LIVE there won't be any pix. so it might be sort of boring. ;)

Your blogs are never boring!! I'm already looking forward to your world cruise next year.

We've done two 63's and now we're booked for the 2015 WC (94). Practically all ports will be repeats, but love of cruising is paramount.

Pia;

My one question is how does one plan a diet for a world cruise.....:confused:

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We are soon approaching a point in our lives where we can consider approx 3 months on board.

The one thing I know, this much time must be spent with Princess.

But where to go?

Should we take a world cruise, or focus on one area of the world?

Any thoughts?

World cruise for sure. I am planning one for when I retire. My sister thinks I am nuts but she doesn't like sea days.

Interesting thread!

The funny thing about food is that, long before Day 100, it totally loses it's allure. We have resorted to garden salads topped with a chicken breast for several dinners lately. We eat the same things at home far more often than I see them on the menu on the ship, so we've been content with the variety.

Many people we talk with could never leave pets or grandchildren or hobbies for this long. I'll admit that, occasionally I'm so homesick I could catch the next flight home. But there is something very special about being onboard for an extended period of time. The relationships with the officers and crew are totally different. Passengers don't have time to become too territorial (as we've witnessed on 31-day cruises).

I would never suggest that this is for everyone, because it certainly isn't. We made a decision four years ago to not buy a second place, to delay moving to a warmer climate for five years, to cruise for the interim during the winter, and to re-assess after five years. This is our fourth year, and though we like to keep our specific plans fluid until the last minute, we'll probably do it again next year. Someday we may live in Florida and do this in Europe in the summer (health and money allowing). But for right now, for us, based on commitments we have or could have any day in the US, it's a good thing.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

I agree. After some number of days I think, "oh lordy. Do I have to go eat again?"

My DH never feels that way so skipping a meal isn't an option.

LOL. I can identify with that. He finished breakfast less than an hour ago and just asked me what we're doing for lunch. :eek:

OK. I now know which thread this was. I myself posted to it and also personally know the guy who started it. I never did follow thru to the end and after 5 years not going back.

When I do my LIVE there won't be any pix. so it might be sort of boring. ;)

Pia, do you know if he is ok? I've often wondered. And I've actually checked a few times to see if he ever started posting on CC again and it appeared (as of the last time I checked....been awhile now) that he had not. I just found it incredibly sad. I could feel his depression building to the end. I hope he's alright.

Pia, do you know if he is ok? I've often wondered. And I've actually checked a few times to see if he ever started posting on CC again and it appeared (as of the last time I checked....been awhile now) that he had not. I just found it incredibly sad. I could feel his depression building to the end. I hope he's alright.

He's OK. Got email from him some months ago.

I am sure that there are many opportunities for B2B cruising to different areas but one I pointed out to someone on CC lately is this:

Grand princess does Seattle Alaska 7 day round trips. You can take the last one September 14 and then there is a 1 night reposition to Vancouver on Sept 21. Stay onboard and Sept 22 you are off on a 10 day coastal Vancouver to LA with lots of stops and then back to Vancouver again on October 2. Stay onboard and 15 days later you will have been to Hawaii and find yourself back in Vancouver again on October 17. Stay onboard for a 3 day non stop to LA arriving October 20 when you start your 10 day round trip to Mexico and back to LA finally October 30.

At that point the Grand does several 10 day Mexico trips so maybe that is where you head home from after one time in LA.

One other option to extend the trip is to start in Vancouver a bit earlier and do a 7 day northbound and then a 7 day southbound Alaska cruises on a different ship instead of the 7 day round trip. You see many more glaciers that way. Get off of that ship in Vancouver and then get onto the Grand when it arrives from Seattle on September 22. I haven't looked to see if that is possible without a day or three in Vancouver but things could be worse!

See you onboard!

Terry (in Vancouver)

Not sure that first option is legal, is it? Since it's starting in Seattle and ending in Los Angeles, without a visit to a distant foreign port?

I'm trying to find a legal Alaska/Pacific Coastal B2B in 2015 and am not having much luck. Hopefully when more of the 2015 Alaska schedules are published I'll be able to find something.

Not sure that first option is legal, is it? Since it's starting in Seattle and ending in Los Angeles, without a visit to a distant foreign port?

I think it would all work except for the last bit where you go from Vancouver to LA then Mexico and back to LA.

Edited by Thrak

I think it would all work except for the last bit where you go from Vancouver to LA then Mexico and back to LA.

Or skip the first part, the Seattle Alaska round trip as well as the 1 night to Vancouver.

Another thought is, do these particular rules only apply to American citizens or to everyone? OP is likely Canadian but I guess everyone is snagged by the same rules aren't they. If Canadian, starting in Vancouver would make more sense anyway whether doing a 7 or 14 day Alaska cruise on a different ship first, or not doing Alaska at all would make more sense.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

[quote name='AE_Collector']Or skip the first part, the Seattle Alaska round trip as well as the 1 night to Vancouver.

Another thought is, do these particular rules only apply to American citizens or to everyone? OP is likely Canadian but I guess everyone is snagged by the same rules aren't they. If Canadian, starting in Vancouver would make more sense anyway whether doing a 7 or 14 day Alaska cruise on a different ship first, or not doing Alaska at all would make more sense.

Terry[/QUOTE]

Yes, it applies to everyone

[quote name='gr82cu2']Try going here and then select [COLOR="Magenta"]*LIVE* from: the Royal Princess WORLD CRUISE 1/20-5/08/09 Ft Laud to Rome - 107 Days![/COLOR]

[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=668"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=668[/URL][/QUOTE]

[quote name='lw4484']What happened? I can't open the thread either and my curiosity is killing me! :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums[/QUOTE]

It's hard to tell because you didn't quote anyone but if you are referring to what I posted I found a way to get to it. Follow the instructions above. Just so you know, it took me weeks to read my way through it.

[quote name='Pia1913']OK. I now know which thread this was. I myself posted to it and also personally know the guy who started it. I never did follow thru to the end and after 5 years not going back.

When I do my LIVE there won't be any pix. so it might be sort of boring. ;)[/QUOTE]

Never boring, I'm always looking for your next "Live From".

Judy

We did 107 days on the Tahitian Princess ..now called the Ocean Princess, in 2009. We loved it. :p Enjoyed all the sea days, they had lots of special entertainment, lecture series, movie stars, cooking class, parties, holiday and special events (Super Bowl party, oscar party, valentines party, Easter celebration, etc), concerts, ship tours, etc...much more, and much better, than a shorter cruise and we saw so many out of the way places the ships don't usually go.

Menus changed every 32 days...so lots of variety. Met many new lifelong friends...

It took lots of prep to be gone that long...but truly a memory we would never forget. Do it!!

[quote name='hillslife']We did 107 days on the Tahitian Princess ..now called the Ocean Princess, in 2009. We loved it. :p Enjoyed all the sea days, they had lots of special entertainment, lecture series, movie stars, cooking class, parties, holiday and special events (Super Bowl party, oscar party, valentines party, Easter celebration, etc), concerts, ship tours, etc...much more, and much better, than a shorter cruise and we saw so many out of the way places the ships don't usually go.

Menus changed every 32 days...so lots of variety. Met many new lifelong friends...

It took lots of prep to be gone that long...but truly a memory we would never forget. Do it!![/quote]

Now that sounds great! :)

[quote name='gr82cu2']Have you read this live cruise report from a few years ago? It's fascinating with many, many pictures. Ends up kinda sad though :( It cured me from any thoughts of a very long cruise. But, it definitely gave me some ideas for must see places eventually.
[URL]http://http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893[/URL][/quote]

[SIZE=3]I looked this up and saw the link was pasted in bad. Looks like the http was listed twice. Let's try this link: [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893[/URL]

I'm hoping this is the one people were looking for. The OP is WitaMut.
[/SIZE]