Alaska 2015

Charlie911

Do you think the lowest prices are when they are first posted?

I've never been able to figure out the best time to book a cruise.:confused:

Not sure, it think it varies. We usually cruise RCCL or Celebrity and their popular cruises (2 week Caribbean, NJ departures) usually increase from 20-30% from first posting. Fortunately, price drops are honored until final payment.

My experience from 2 European cruises is the price falls as you get closer to departure.

I am also waiting for Alaska, especially for the ones between Seward and Vancouver (if a Vista-Class ship offers it)!!

Although Celebrity is our first choice, we would consider HAL, if the prices are reasonably good!

Edited by celebrity_fan

I'm dealing with Seattle on my MIL's Panama Canal cruise and I've asked them a couple of time and both times they have said late June-early July but I have had bad info from them before so I'm checking daily now on-line.

Since it appears Noordam will be heading across the Pacific I'm guessing that they are still finalizing the "ship shuffle" for 2015. If Mexico has been doing well there is always the possibility of a Vista returning there.

Back in the early 80's there were 14 night Mexico cruises out of San Francisco that included an overnight in Acapulco- they were great.

Just checked with an "on-line chat" representative and she said that June 2015 Alaska cruises will be available for booking in May? Really??????????????????? I have a booking already with Celebrity and NCL for 2015 --- might cancel the NCL one if HAL has a better itinerary and price. Why does it take so long for HAL to post pricing and itineraries?

The info we are being given is all over the place! My TA called HAL today and he was told Alaska 2015 will be released near the end of April! I have booked the Coral Princess just incase the Oosterdam isn't going to be doing the same itinerary as this summer. I just wanted to have something in place while I impatiently wait for HAL.

• 2 weeks later...
Noooo! You have to come on the Noordam! Ken is booked. I can't cruise this year :( but we need to get the 2013 gang together. ;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2019389

Dobiemom,

When I told Lynn that the veranda on Deck 5 wasn't fully covered:(, she wanted to move to the Westerdam (as did I). Your remember how nice Joanie's veranda was last year, especially when it came to Alaska drizzle. So after 2 years from Vancouver, it's back to Seattle--the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Sitka, and martinis in the Bengal Lounge at the Empress Friday night in Victoria.:)