How To Handle This Situation

kitty9

On our Feb 10 Equinox cruise, I called the Captain's Club to make specialty restaurant reservations. I did this about two weeks before departure. As you know, Club members get a discount on the price of specialty dining, but that's where the problem starts. The woman making the reservation didn't know how to do the discount, and we were charged the full price. She said they would make the adjustment on board. Well, that didn't happen, even though I went down to Guest Services to have them make the adjustment. I kept getting the comment, "We will look into it." But nothing ever came of it. Now, if it had been just one dinner, I wouldn't have bothered, but we dined in a specialty 9 of the 11 nights.

So now, we're on another cruise and I want to make reservations, but I see the same thing happening again. Since the specialties have become so popular with the dining plans, the restaurants are often booked. So, any suggestions on what I can do ??

I would speak to someone in resolutions or a supervisor in the Captains Club dept.

Per Celebrity.com, the qualifications and terms are: This offer is on Elite Plus level members and above. "Applies only to the member's cover charge. Not combinable with any other offers. Discount will be taken once onboard. Reservations can be held prior to sailing by calling the Loyalty Desk."

So the person making the phone reservations would not have been able to apply a discount and it is not clear how the discount is applied onboard since you have to pay at the time of booking. I suppose it is supposed to be a credit.

Edited by royalcruz

I would speak to someone in resolutions or a supervisor in the Captains Club dept.

Per Celebrity.com, the qualifications and terms are: This offer is on Elite Plus level members and above. "Applies only to the member's cover charge. Not combinable with any other offers. Discount will be taken once onboard. Reservations can be held prior to sailing by calling the Loyalty Desk."

So the person making the phone reservations would not have been able to apply a discount and it is not clear how the discount is applied onboard since you have to pay at the time of booking. I suppose it is supposed to be a credit.

Only applies to elite plus.....and Quine on the infinity last week couldn't figure out that we Should get a discount. It took three days and a personal meeting with the head of guest services, the head of specialty dining and the captains club hostess to get it right. There are 11 entries on our bill for that one meal...as the kept reversing the correct discounted charge and charging us the full $90.

As far as I know, Captain's Club members don't get a discount on Specialty dinning. You might receive an offer onboard, but most of the offers we got last week were because we were in AQ

Hi, Elite Plus members do receive a discount on Specialty Dining.

I was recently on CENTURY and had 15% off coupons in my cabin

for it.

On our Feb 10 Equinox cruise, I called the Captain's Club to make specialty restaurant reservations. I did this about two weeks before departure. As you know, Club members get a discount on the price of specialty dining, but that's where the problem starts. The woman making the reservation didn't know how to do the discount, and we were charged the full price. She said they would make the adjustment on board. Well, that didn't happen, even though I went down to Guest Services to have them make the adjustment. I kept getting the comment, "We will look into it." But nothing ever came of it. Now, if it had been just one dinner, I wouldn't have bothered, but we dined in a specialty 9 of the 11 nights.

So now, we're on another cruise and I want to make reservations, but I see the same thing happening again. Since the specialties have become so popular with the dining plans, the restaurants are often booked. So, any suggestions on what I can do ??

Hi Darcie, you didn't receive anything?:eek:......I would definitely

go see the Maitr'd of the restaurant before going back to Guest

Relations. I went to Murano on Century and instead of the 15% off

coupon for Elite Plus, he actually gave me 20% off:).....

I have been told the Restaurant is the one who issues the credit.

If nothing is issued in the first 2 or 3 days? Go back again.....

at that time, you could ask for the Guest Relations Mgr too.

I had several reservations booked, but once I boarded, we chose the Unlimited Dining package, available to purchase ONLY once you board. I would suggest this option; the cost is $29pp per day and includes lunches in The Bistro and Porch. My account was credited the amounts I had paid for the initial reservations. We had dinner in a Specialty restaurant every night and loved it.

Hi, Elite Plus members do receive a discount on Specialty Dining.

I was recently on CENTURY and had 15% off coupons in my cabin

for it.

The 15% Elite Plus specialty dining discount is confusing to me. Do you actually need the coupon in order to get the discount? Is it one time only per voyage (they only give you one coupon, I believe)? Or does it apply to multiple visits and the discount is supposed to be automatically calculated based on your sea pass card and/or stateroom number demonstrating you are Elite Plus?

We had a similar issue on the Reflection last Nov. Guest services was clueless, but T-Ann, the CC Hostess took control! We had a note in our cabin that evening with a copy of our account showing the correct entry's. This was not one of her job functions, but she is focused on CC member service, no matter which level we are at.

Kitty,

I thing you might be better off booking the Ultimate Dining package if you plan to eat in specialities that often.

That said, either the head Maitre'D (was it Igor?), restaurant manager (Vedran) or F&B manager (Karl) or the CC Hostess might need to be involved.

I think I would still book them by phone, so that you get the dates & times you want. I am so jealous of you getting to sail that route again just a couple of weeks later! Enjoy!

The 15% Elite Plus specialty dining discount is confusing to me. Do you actually need the coupon in order to get the discount? Is it one time only per voyage (they only give you one coupon, I believe)? Or does it apply to multiple visits and the discount is supposed to be automatically calculated based on your sea pass card and/or stateroom number demonstrating you are Elite Plus?

If you are elite plus, you don't need any coupon for the discount....just tell them you are elite plus (or show them your card) and they "should" get it right. By the way, you also don't need any coupon to get cappuccino or other specialty coffees...just give them your card. Note: your coupon sheet will actually have two coupons on it for the free specialty coffees, but you don't need them. We gave ours away and had cappuccino every morning in Blu.