Gelateria, part of classic package

poe17

Hello, I'm going on my first cruise with celebrity on board Equinox, I was wandering I have the free classic drinks package, does this include the gelateria or do we have to pay for this separate thanks

Assuming its the same as eclipse there are three types of icecream 1. Scoops from the buffet lovely flavours and free. Vannilla and chocolate from machines I'd call them Mr whippy type also free. And finally high end gelato which is super nice. They did have it on offer some of the time (but it did rain and was cold the entire cruise) :( It is probably worth the money as it was really really nice.

Hello, I'm going on my first cruise with celebrity on board Equinox, I was wandering I have the free classic drinks package, does this include the gelateria or do we have to pay for this separate thanks

On the Eclipse the gelateria had a Happy Hour from 4 to 7 pm and you could buy one gelato (2 scoops) and get one free. It was quite the bargain for $3.45.

According to Celebrity's website, if you're a Captain's Club member you get a free scoop of gelato from the Gelateria. Has anyone tried this? I assume it's one per voyage, but maybe someone knows otherwise? :D

According to Celebrity's website, if you're a Captain's Club member you get a free scoop of gelato from the Gelateria. Has anyone tried this? I assume it's one per voyage, but maybe someone knows otherwise? :D

Yep, I called celebrity about it a couple weeks ago...

one per voyage. Bummer,

Yep, I called celebrity about it a couple weeks ago...

one per voyage. Bummer,

Alas, I knew it was too good to be true. But I'll still take one free scoop of gelato over no free scoops of gelato! :D

Free gelato was a nice perk. Gelato is really good. I also bought more gelato during the cruise. Loved the lemon and coffee flavors. It was a good way to introduce guests to the gelato. On previous cruises, I just never saw anyone buying gelato. On my last cruise, gelato had a line. Perhaps a free specialty coffee or tea at the cafe Al Bacio would convince guests to pay extra for good coffee. At $5+ per coffee, many people pass on buying coffee. Yes, you can get free coffee in the buffet. It is okay. There is better in the Cafe.

If you know the menu of the Cafe well, you know that there is at least one choice for coffee that includes gelato. That is included with the Classic package ;)
No, it's only included if you upgrade to the Premium package. The sections called more favorites and other favorites at the end of the Cafe al Bacio menu includes the one Afagatto, I believe it's called and this area of the menu is included if you have the premium package only. YMMV and if you did receive it with only the classic package, then you had a very nice barista.

My friend just came off a Celebrity cruise and she told me the line for the Gelato on the last day or two was long all the time. It sounds like many people waited to redeem their free scoop until the last minute. So, start eating Gelato early in the cruise....the more the better, right? :-)

No, it's only included if you upgrade to the Premium package. The sections called more favorites and other favorites at the end of the Cafe al Bacio menu includes the one Afagatto, I believe it's called and this area of the menu is included if you have the premium package only. YMMV and if you did receive it with only the classic package, then you had a very nice barista.

I seems to depend on the ship. We were on Solstice recently and were told that the Classic package included everything on the Al Bacio menu (except for the gelato page). And yes, the afogatto was a nice way of trying some gelato without paying extra for it (I didn't have the nerve to ask them to serve the espresso on the side...:D )

We love the Gelato. Discovered it by accident when first introduced, our son, used to everything being free, had a sundae made and was surprised to be asked for his card ( he was over 18 so no harm done :) he came to find us and dragged us down to sample it...yum.

We often order the coffee with ice cream and at first found it a little strong. Politely requesting a weaker espresso worked well and we feel this is one of the best things on the ship.....unfortunately all you lovely CC people are now going to discover our secret and there will be even fewer seats in the cafe!

Ice cream for breakfast anyone:D

On "Constellation" they had the "happy hour" too and it was a good marketing ploy because it was the only time of the day where the lines were long and people bought the gelato. The rest of the day there was usually one bored attendant and full canisters of gelato...

For any new Celebrity cruisers looking at this thread: They also have an ice cream serving station in the buffet at no extra charge. The ice cream there is really good, there is a nice selection and it is open from lunch time until late evening.

I know some people prefer the gelato but I really like the ice cream on the ship as well.

Assuming its the same as eclipse there are three types of icecream 1. Scoops from the buffet lovely flavours and free. Vannilla and chocolate from machines I'd call them Mr whippy type also free. And finally high end gelato which is super nice. They did have it on offer some of the time (but it did rain and was cold the entire cruise) :( It is probably worth the money as it was really really nice.

I didn't see any whippy on Equinox but I probably missed it, I am on Eclipse in May so where can I find it, I love any ice cream :D

On the eclipse there where two whippy ice cream machines there was one behind the ice cream area in the buffet but even better there was a self service one next to the burger grill out by the pool. Ice cream nom nom:D

On the eclipse there where two whippy ice cream machines there was one behind the ice cream area in the buffet but even better there was a self service one next to the burger grill out by the pool. Ice cream nom nom:D

Maybe I shouldn't have asked :eek:

Ice cream everywhere I will need to lose some weight just for the ice cream alone :)

Chocolate whippy yummy and the ice cream in the MDR was lovely too

looks like I will be taking some root beer on board with me, add it to some soft serve and I have me a yummy root beer float!

Why soft serve? They have a really good vanilla available every day. Oh, and I think they have root beer on board (though not diet and maybe not your favorite brand :D )

Why soft serve? They have a really good vanilla available every day. Oh, and I think they have root beer on board (though not diet and maybe not your favorite brand :D )

I will carry some root beer on, I have yet to see some on any ship I have sailed. I would rather be safe than sorry.