Bringing wine on board

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but without the search tool functioning I have no way of checking.

My DH and I are in one cabin, so my understanding is that we can bring 2 bottle of wine on board without paying a corkage fee if we drink it in our room.

Our friend is traveling solo, can she bring one or two bottles? Is it 1 per person or 2 per cabin?

Thanks.

Edited by missdenise

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but without the search tool functioning I have no way of checking.

My DH and I are in one cabin, so my understanding is that we can bring 2 bottle of wine on board without paying a corkage fee if we drink it in our room.

Our friend is traveling solo, can she bring one or two bottles? Is it 1 per person or 2 per cabin?

Thanks.

Two bottles per stateroom.

I am solo, and had 2 bottles in my hand luggage - asked what was in my bag, said 2 wine for cabin - ok - no problem - I did not get wine glasses in my room, had to to to bar and ask for one - room steward never remember to put them in even after asking several times.

I am solo, and had 2 bottles in my hand luggage - asked what was in my bag, said 2 wine for cabin - ok - no problem - I did not get wine glasses in my room, had to to to bar and ask for one - room steward never remember to put them in even after asking several times.

At least they gave you the glasses at bar. We asked at the bar for wine glasses and was told we had to use the water glasses in cabin since the bottles you bring on are for cabin consumption. We took wine glasses from MDR for our use. I always carried a glass with me to dinner and brought back the glass.

At least they gave you the glasses at bar. We asked at the bar for wine glasses and was told we had to use the water glasses in cabin since the bottles you bring on are for cabin consumption. We took wine glasses from MDR for our use. I always carried a glass with me to dinner and brought back the glass.

The water glasses in the cabin room? :rolleyes: That was an odd suggestion and an inaccurate rationale given to you by the bartender.

Surprised to hear your situation. We took wine on years ago when it was allowed, and again now that it is once again permitted and have NEVER been denied a few wine glasses. The only time there was the slightest hesitation was when we asked one of the concierges who explained that they had a limited number of glasses.

Many suggest to ask the cabin attendant. That seems to work great on Celebrity ( as that is one of their duties and many cabin categories come with a bottle of wine), but we find better results just getting glasses from any bar when on RCCL.

We ask for 4 glasses at a time so we always have two in reserve.

Cheers.

My question is where do those bottles have to be when you board? Can they be in your luggage or do you have to carry them on separate and hold onto them until you get in your room?

Your choice. However, if you put them in your checked bags, there's a chance your bags will be delayed because they see something suspicious in the x-ray.

I always carried a glass with me to dinner and brought back the glass.

They allow you to bring your own filled glass of wine to the MDR? Wow! And does this HAVE to be in one of their glasses, or can it be one from home?

This will be my first RCCL cruise this June.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They allow you to bring your own filled glass of wine to the MDR? Wow! And does this HAVE to be in one of their glasses, or can it be one from home?

Sure, you can bring drinks into the MDR. I don't think they care what glass you use.

Your choice. However, if you put them in your checked bags, there's a chance your bags will be delayed because they see something suspicious in the x-ray.

Agreed, plus the way they are transported if your case is at the bottom getting squashed by all the heavy loads on top, wouldn't risk it smashing especially if red!

It would be no different than if you had just come from a bar waiting to be seated (or for an apertif drink) and still had more of your drink to finish. I doubt they would care if you had your own drink-wear that you packed, but make sure if bringing your own not to let them bus your empty glass.

They wouldn't know if you brought it from your room or a bar. On Celebrity I brought a glass every night to the dining room.

Last year porter specifically told us to put in carry-ons, perhaps because it was spring break.

Also if it's in your carry on you can start drinking it right way ;)