Crab Shack on Caribbean Princess

CountryCruiser

We were recently on the Caribbean Princess and they offered the Crab Shack one night. I think it was $20 per person. We made reservations but ended up cancelling them because we were exhausted and just had room service. I would love to hear from folks who have tried this.

We tried the Crab Shack the first night it was available on the Ruby, the second week of February and it was not good.

We had the king crab and it had been frozen so long you could not get the meat out of the leg as it was just mushy.

Being quite the king crab fans we were sorely disappointed and hope that Princess improves this offering in the future

Mike:)

We loved the Crab Shack lunch for $20 p.p. on our February cruise on the Coral. The lunch took place in the Bayou Cafe where we had the Mixed Steamer entree which was tasty. The appetizer and dessert were excellent too. We are hoping this is still offered on the Coral during our August cruise to Alaska.

I know most food on the ship is all you can eat. You just have to ask. Even at the crown grill. I want to know if the crab legs and crawfish are the same way at the crab shack.

DH asked the exact same question. He wanted to know if he could eat as many crab legs as he wanted. Hoping someone knows the answer.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if this is the same menu currently being offered on the Emerald? I would presume it is.

With the exception of the fact that the Caribbean Steamer is called the Emerald Steamer it is the same menu. We had the Emerald Steamer and it was very good. I don't think it's all you can eat, but they do give you a lot of food, and our waiter was very accommodating. Even though the Steamer didn't include crayfish we asked for and got a large number of crayfish. We could have asked for more mussels and fewer shrimp and it would have been no problem.

Was just on the Grand 3/5/14 thru 3/15/14. DH and I had dinner at the Crab Shack and not only was it very good, it was also a whole lotta food. The hush puppies could have been better-kinda bland-and DH was dissapointed the clam chowder was Manhattan style and not New England style. I thought the clam chowder was quite good.

I got the Grand Steamer which included lots of shrimp, mussels, clams, crab legs (forget which kind), new potatoes, andouille sausage, and corn on the cob. DH got the steamed Alaskan King crab legs which also came with a ton of peel-n-eat shrimp, new potatoes and corn on the cob. I don't care for crab so I gave my crab legs to DH. He had more than enough crab to satisfy and had no room for all the shrimp.

We ate at the crab shack on the Royal in February. WORST meal I have ever had on a Princess Ship. Also, worst service I have ever had. Food was not good. It took 2 hours until we finally received our meal and it was not crowded at all...

My DW and I looked at this two weeks ago and elected to pass. When it was shown on the Wake Show it wasn't really presented as all you can eat, but if it had we might have decided to do it!

Anyone ever figure out if you could ask for more?

• 1 year later...